Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
Until Alpha-II is here and Mustang will be fucked.

GM has always had the chassis figured out and they’re going to really step it up with the new one (rumours).
Camaro may be a good track car but it sucks for being a daily driver. I've owned quite a few Camaros through the years and dismissed it as soon as I tried to sit in it, way to tight to be comfortable. I'd take the Mustang or Challenger any day.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice to think the new 5.2 CPC will adopt all the latest goodies from the "Gen 3" Coyote.

And I certainly didn't wish to put a downer on things with the S650 news. The S550 is still young and, I'm sure, has plenty of life left in it yet.

Would be nice if Ford were to drop us an early Christmas present with a teaser of some description, although I think it's more likely that'll be for the Bullitt in Detroit. Maybe we'll get a GT500 Easter present, instead :)
No reason it wouldn't get DI and PFI.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
No reason it wouldn't get DI and PFI.
That would be the logical assumption but my understanding is that the mules witnessed in Building 57 were all port injected only. This was within the past month.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Until Alpha-II is here and Mustang will be fucked.

GM has always had the chassis figured out and they’re going to really step it up with the new one (rumours).
If anyone has been following the Mid Engine Corvette, they Say it will be priced in the 65 to 75k range. That's the 500HP base version and then suppedly 800HP twin turbo starting around the ZR1 price of 120k. It will be one hell of a car and with how many they are projecting for engine numbers they are expecting it to be a hit. I like all brands. Not currently enough to buy any other but the Mid Engine Corvette SOUNDS mighty appealing and by the spy shots and mock ups, it will look great too.
Wish ford would have done something like this for us. 750 GTs that were untouchable wasnt good enough. Love the car but when you can't get an allocation, what good does it do.
We get tire burners, heavy weights and performance segment downsizing. Sorry, fellas for my pessimism, it's just disappointing, and fear ford is gonna be on the losing end of the performance segment for several years to come. Hopefully the GT500 will give some life for a couple years.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That would be the logical assumption but my understanding is that the mules witnessed in Building 57 were all port injected only. This was within the past month.
Yeah, but that also depends on the level of mule. Not all get updated as M1 prototypes and I haven't yet seen any that look like VP.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
If anyone has been following the Mid Engine Corvette, they Say it will be priced in the 65 to 75k range. That's the 500HP base version and then suppedly 800HP twin turbo starting around the ZR1 price of 120k. It will be one hell of a car and with how many they are projecting for engine numbers they are expecting it to be a hit. I like all brands. Not currently enough to buy any other but the Mid Engine Corvette SOUNDS mighty appealing and by the spy shots and mock ups, it will look great too.
Wish ford would have done something like this for us. 750 GTs that were untouchable wasnt good enough. Love the car but when you can't get an allocation, what good does it do.
We get tire burners, heavy weights and performance segment downsizing. Sorry, fellas for my pessimism, it's just disappointing, and fear ford is gonna be on the losing end of the performance segment for several years to come. Hopefully the GT500 will give some life for a couple years.
I agree with you. Outlook appears very poor from Ford performance with this news. I’m eagerly waiting the ME vette!!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yeah, but that also depends on the level of mule. Not all get updated as M1 prototypes and I haven't yet seen any that look like VP.
That's why I at least offered up the fact that this group of mules, near 10 of them, were looked at fairly recently. I understand that Powertrain may or may not be validating another combination. The fact that these were supercharged and without DI is indeed interesting.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
#fakenews

Chevy will not release a mid engine vet for less than 99k.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
#fakenews

Chevy will not release a mid engine vet for less than 99k.
Well it depends on what route they take. Based on the suggested info the C8 is likely to become a ME car replacing the front engine layout. If so I’ll bet the base car starts under 99k, more like 65-70k. There intent we’ll be to keep volume about were it is. There was an engine forecast report that claimed 6.2 na ohv expecting about 15-18k produced a year, then a 4.2 DOHC likely TT producing about 7k then a 5.5 DOHC also likely TT producing another 5k a year. Now obviously no one knows what the heck the plan or route is going to be.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
No twin turbo gt500....what a letdown.:thumbdown:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer