Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also saw that Jim Hackett is killing the fusion... So, by 2022 MY, we'll probably have the focus and the mustang as our only sedans and an overload of crossovers and trucks. I really hate what Jim Hackett is doing to the company... I was afraid of this as soon as I saw they were outing Mark Fields for him. I really hope they get rid of Hackett SOON, he's taking the company down a real bad path
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
^^ I see it as Ford not producing SVT (Ford Performance) vehicles in the nearish future. The release at the auto show will probably mark the last of its kind from Ford. That sucks. The question now, is do you buy into it?
Good call. I hope that's not the case, but that's how it seems, unfortunately

Ford's making easier for me that way anyways,......either I trade in the truck and order a Trackhawk as my daily driver or trade in the Roush and order a Z06/Z07. (Of course, this all depends on the trade-in values they give me. Both are in killer shape/condition with low miles. :D)

Anyways, I hope Ford isn't doing away with the high performance vehicles. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
:ford:

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks for the Christmas present Ford.
Just think at all the designers who are worried about their job now. Hopefully things work out better with their new employer.
More often than not, things work out for the better. Not so sure it will for Ford tho.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f150
Hey guys! New here. Always checking out the site but finally got around to making an account. Anywho... it seems like an emotional rollercoaster of emotions happening. One minute we were getting leaks of the "predator" motor with its apparent supercharged 5.2 and everyone seemed pumped and ready to take on the world! Now some web site that no ones heard of comes out with an article saying that there will not be an s650 and everyone is already planning the funeral it seems. A good ol' rum is needed to calm some nerves, have a happy holidays and Merry Christmas!

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hey guys! New here. Always checking out the site but finally got around to making an account. Anywho... it seems like an emotional rollercoaster of emotions happening. One minute we were getting leaks of the "predator" motor with its apparent supercharged 5.2 and everyone seemed pumped and ready to take on the world! Now some web site that no ones heard of comes out with an article saying that there will not be an s650 and everyone is already planning the funeral it seems. A good ol' rum is needed to calm some nerves, have a happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
You said it brother. Nerves abound. Rum sounds good though. lol
Merry Christmas.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It would be nice to think the new 5.2 CPC will adopt all the latest goodies from the "Gen 3" Coyote.

And I certainly didn't wish to put a downer on things with the S650 news. The S550 is still young and, I'm sure, has plenty of life left in it yet.

Would be nice if Ford were to drop us an early Christmas present with a teaser of some description, although I think it's more likely that'll be for the Bullitt in Detroit. Maybe we'll get a GT500 Easter present, instead :)

Selo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Shelby GT500
Just sounds like the s550 will live on for a few additional years building a gazillion 350s and GT500s, then a super weak mustang coming our way in 2025:(
I'm not too worried about it. One more good driving GT500 is all I wanted anyway. Still lots and lots of past cars and a mid engine vette to get.
Same predicament FCA is in with the Challenger. Old platform, with nu.erous HP and trim package upgrades.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I think the Mustang will be fine. Ford can now focus on high hp models and not spend all the funds on a new platform. Current one does great.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I think the Mustang will be fine. Ford can now focus on high hp models and not spend all the funds on a new platform. Current one does great.
Until Alpha-II is here and Mustang will be fucked.

GM has always had the chassis figured out and they’re going to really step it up with the new one (rumours).
Sponsored