Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
On a friend's suggestion, tried this stuff the other day:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JOVJKZW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was cold and I didn't even clay the car - so it would look even better. Just a quick wash and applied this stuff as directed. I can't believe how it deepened the shine and dew / water / crap just slides off the paint. Even after condensation / rain the other day - no water spots anywhere.

Here's a crappy night pic from my phone
resize3.jpg

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Plenty of touch less car washes. What I do during the winter is take it to a self service. Spray it down, get it soapy, hit it with the presoak let the time run out and let it sit about 10 minutes. Then take a microfiber towel, get it wet and suck up some soap then wipe it down. Then put the next cycle in and spray and rinse the car off.

I drove to West VA Thursday and ended up running into a little snow along the way. My car was a mess. The bottom picture is after me doing what I explained above. Simple, easy process, nothing special. I could do it at my house but some reason I rather not mess with pulling crap out when it's colder.

Have you ever driven thru one ?
kinda scared it will damage the car.

Never thought of bringing something to hand wash it. Gonna try that next time. :headbang:

Last edited:

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I spent most of Saturday getting a layer of Cquartz on my car. Today I got to see how it handled the rain.

c954f4f447353e8500f6a20bf0461d51.jpg

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Man I love that color combo
Looks good what size bottle Cquartz did you buy? Would you buy the 50ml bottle?
Thanks, guys.

I was planning on getting matt black stripes until I called at Big Worm and saw the new Dark Cherry material.

I bought the 30ml size of cquartz. I’d say I used 3/4 of the bottle. At the same time I also applied a coat of McKee37 glass sealer to all the windows.

So far pleased with the results.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Never thought of bringing something to hand wash it. Gonna try that next time. :headbang:
I go through touch less when it's just way too could to stand outside. There is no issue with them. They have lasers that figure everything out before it starts and then it does its thing. It only uses high water pressure. There are no brushes or anything that touches your car. Most car washes will have a sign that specifies if it's a touch less or not.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the 30ml size of cquartz. I’d say I used 3/4 of the bottle. At the same time I also applied a coat of McKee37 glass sealer to all the windows.
One layer or two layers of Cquartz? I see a lot of reviews mentioning they don't use all of it, but they also don't specify if it is 1 or 2 layers they did. To warranty the product shops have to do 2 layers (from my understanding) so if I were to do it, I'd like to do 2 myself.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium

My car lives in a touchless during winter. And based on his Instagram, so does Wireeater's.

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
One layer or two layers of Cquartz? I see a lot of reviews mentioning they don't use all of it, but they also don't specify if it is 1 or 2 layers they did. To warranty the product shops have to do 2 layers (from my understanding) so if I were to do it, I'd like to do 2 myself.
Just one at the moment. I'm thinking of using up whats left, maybe on the hood and roof. I also have a bottle of McKee37 sealant kicking around I might use at some point.

Usually, I use a little Optimum spray wax when I dry off my car - I'm thinking I'll continue with this and see what kind of shine results of the Cquartz.
Sponsored