Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Drove around yesterday taking a few pictures close to home, got bored.
IMG_20171218_171031_379.jpg
Sponsored

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any pictures of how thick this splitter is? I've been on the fence for a while now. Does it come with a rubber trimming, or is it just a flat piece?
no rubber trim and it is just a flat piece of powder coated metal. it has a gloss finish that scratched easily. I did have to polish it.

Once mounted it was very sturdy. I went with it because of price and look. APR was to expensive and the Steeda was just to round on the edge. Didn't follow the contour of the oem splitter.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed MMD shock tower covers

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Got rear-ended.

Little miss blondie was tailgating me, and yet wasn't paying attention, so she rear-ended me when I tried to pull over and let her by.

Cosmetic damage to bumper cover. Maybe some exhaust damage.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Got rear-ended.

Little miss blondie was tailgating me, and yet wasn't paying attention, so she rear-ended me when I tried to pull over and let her by.

Damn dude, did she pull over? Was she on her phone :headbonk:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Got rear-ended.

Total bummer man. I see a GT 350 rear valance in your future...

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Damn dude, did she pull over? Was she on her phone :headbonk:
It was so strange. At super-low speeds, like 5MPH. Dunno, she must have had her head up her bottom.

Total bummer man. I see a GT 350 rear valance in your future...
I'm worried about the paint match, with Triple Yellow. Evidently it's really hard to match, being a 2 step paint and all.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I'm worried about the paint match, with Triple Yellow. Evidently it's really hard to match, being a 2 step paint and all.
It is hard to match. Take it to a high-end shop, because they all charge the same low rate dictated by insurance.

Ask them to paint sample cards, and then show you the best one. When you look at it, ask yourself, "is it slightly towards green, or slightly towards orange?" If the answer to either is Yes, then have them try again.

If the shop is really backed up, you can drop the bumper off and drive around with your "pants down" for many days, if you don't care how that looks.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Went to the car wash to spray off all the Salt. Car still looks dirty but the salt is gone. One of these days I might drive it thru a automatic Car wash thingy but I'm sacred it will screw up the car.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
The last woman who was tailgating me ended up running herself into a guard rail right in front of me. It was the most awesome karma I ever witnessed and the dumbest maneuver I ever seen someone try to do in a car. I might sound sexiest but I hate when I have a woman tailing me. Had one do that shit this morning too. They tend to be more aggressive then men who do it but lets be honest, their reflexes and ability to handle a bad situation tend to never go well. I don't like anyone tailing me but for a sex that doesn't know that the car can slow down by letting off the gas and not slamming the brake doesn't leave me with much confidence. They either know pedal all the way down or pedal all the way up.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Went to the car wash to spray off all the Salt. Car still looks dirty but the salt is gone. One of these days I might drive it thru a automatic Car wash thingy but I'm sacred it will screw up the car.
Plenty of touch less car washes. What I do during the winter is take it to a self service. Spray it down, get it soapy, hit it with the presoak let the time run out and let it sit about 10 minutes. Then take a microfiber towel, get it wet and suck up some soap then wipe it down. Then put the next cycle in and spray and rinse the car off.

I drove to West VA Thursday and ended up running into a little snow along the way. My car was a mess. The bottom picture is after me doing what I explained above. Simple, easy process, nothing special. I could do it at my house but some reason I rather not mess with pulling crap out when it's colder.
20171214_150408_HDR.jpg
20171214_150422_HDR.jpg
20171214_150455_HDR.jpg
20171218_143702_HDR.jpg

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I had to have a Ruby Red car repainted after someone backed into it a couple years ago. The 3 stage paint process does make it difficult to match, but a 'good' shop should be able to do the work. Your best bet is to locate a body shop that gets into custom paint work. They'll match it.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
It is hard to match. Take it to a high-end shop, because they all charge the same low rate dictated by insurance.

Ask them to paint sample cards, and then show you the best one. When you look at it, ask yourself, "is it slightly towards green, or slightly towards orange?" If the answer to either is Yes, then have them try again.

If the shop is really backed up, you can drop the bumper off and drive around with your "pants down" for many days, if you don't care how that looks.
Don't know about the Mustang yellow - haven't seen it up close - but ANY OEM paint, much less aftermarket, is never matched perfectly when spraying a bumper cover. Nature of the beast. They can blend and good shops can make it almost perfect, but the difference sometimes is the material being sprayed. Plastic versus metal. Not to mention how metallic lays down and how it's sprayed.

Blending factory jobs with any miles on 'em is even harder, since no matter how perfect you think your paint is - if you drive it - the color is almost always going to be a bit different.

And before you start comparing spray out cards, make sure you are looking at your car's paint AND the cards in the SAME lighting / conditions.

Good luck. I've been there and it sucks, but a good shop will make you whole again.
Sponsored