2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
No 5.0 badge on fender, correct wheels, spoiler delete, right color all prove it's the real deal to me. They wouldn't market a car that people can't buy.
Sorry- I'm probably wrong (and hoping so) but your missing the point. It is NOT about marketing a specific car but marketing the Mustang with a heritage connection. They run a modern Bullitt....ripping through the streets and then have a look-a-like actor get out and comment about the 2018..power, handling etc....the point being that the 2018 is a rip roaring road carving car and they use the Bullitt theme as a attention grabber.

Ford did this with the 05 and the non-Bullitt Bullitt ad with McQueen (from the movie and a digital recreation) they also did it with with a 2006 black/gold Hertz Shelby GT when those cars went to Hertz in 06 (not the public) and the cops running around in it in a fake chase scene...It is called "Police Chase" and was part of the Ford Bold Moves campaign (you can find both on YouTube).

Ford never ran a TV ad for the 01 or 08/09**. Doesn't mean they won't but I think they are looking at a bigger picture and trying to tie in history. It also becomes one big trial balloon...use such an ad to push/introduce the capabilities of the 18 model and if folks scream loud enough for 'that' car- maybe build it.

** we also have a single still picture. Was it a still shoot or a 'moving' commercial shoot. Any retired old fart members in Chicago on the forum (saying that with all kindness--old retired fart hopefully with free time). The city has to have a permitting process and a liaison for the film industry (big money maker for major cities)...someone had to get a permit (public record) for either type of shoot. A permit record hunt down at City Hall might prove interesting.

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Sorry- I'm probably wrong (and hoping so) but your missing the point. It is NOT about marketing a specific car but marketing the Mustang with a heritage connection. They run a modern Bullitt....ripping through the streets and then have a look-a-like actor get out and comment about the 2018..power, handling etc....the point being that the 2018 is a rip roaring road carving car and they use the Bullitt theme as a attention grabber.

Ford did this with the 05 and the non-Bullitt Bullitt ad with McQueen (from the movie and a digital recreation) they also did it with with a 2006 black/gold Hertz Shelby GT when those cars went to Hertz in 06 (not the public) and the cops running around in it in a fake chase scene...It is called "Police Chase" and was part of the Ford Bold Moves campaign (you can find both on YouTube).

Ford never ran a TV ad for the 01 or 08/09**. Doesn't mean they won't but I think they are looking at a bigger picture and trying to tie in history. It also becomes one big trial balloon...use such an ad to push/introduce the capabilities of the 18 model and if folks scream loud enough for 'that' car- maybe build it.

** we also have a single still picture. Was it a still shoot or a 'moving' commercial shoot. Any retired old fart members in Chicago on the forum (saying that with all kindness--old retired fart hopefully with free time). The city has to have a permitting process and a liaison for the film industry (big money maker for major cities)...someone had to get a permit (public record) for either type of shoot. A permit record hunt down at City Hall might prove interesting.
I agree what you're suggesting is totally possible, just unlikely with all the other things suggesting this is real in the past year. I think this looks like just a photo shoot, because of the lack of equipment. Very similar in location to this shoot:
message-editor%2F1508771098481-2018-ford-mustang-performance-pack-level-2-3.jpg

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Yup and great catch on the location.... looks like 'still' equipment (single guy with a nikon/canon) and on a budget with that sophisticated little step ladder for some elevation shots. A still shoot screams specific car (Bullitt) vs an video ad aimed at the larger "mustang" theme.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I suspect pricing in the 48-52k range.
Really stumped by the brakes. If it’s really got standard brakes I’d guess it’ll be no more than a Premium PP1 car.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt you like a cruiser anyway. Standard suspension with an appearance package in bonerfied green. Come on man whats not to like?
Oh yeah, I wouldn’t mind at all. I just assumed PP1 since even the 2015 50th LE had basically the PP on it. But yeah, I want mine as comfortable as possible for my cross country road trip to San Francisco eventually haha :headbang:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
The bullitt should have some engine mods too.

I really hope ford doesn’t just throw some green and emblems delete. A 5.2 NA would be so sweet as a precursor to the GT500

Sponsored

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
Looks awesome. Cant wait for the announcement in the near future. I hope to God they dont ruin it with tacky stickers, and emblems, and plaques, and serial numbers......Make it a premium PP1. Manual only.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Matt, if you’re coming to the bay make sure to stop by cars and coffee canepa. Hands down the best C&C where they provide donuts and coffee for free. Gotta check their 2018 schedule.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Even if you filter out quite a bit of that nasty yellow lighting it still looks pretty green to me :thumbsup:
balance1.jpg

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
:eyebulge:

Mustang Commercial - Lower Wacker & Columbus (Chicago)
Nice find, hopefully they finally reveal it at NAIAS. Too bad the chance that it's coming to the europe is pretty low