Sponsored

Lunds MY18 manual gets 430/401 SAE corrected

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
^^^ I didn’t see anything posted, they were just getting interviewed in the car and then did a burn out...
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm not going to mod this time I'm not going to mod this time I'm not going to mod this time.. . at least that's what i keep telling my self
Pfff. I haven't even placed my order yet (waiting to see if Bullitt gets announced) and I already have a list of shit I wanna do.

metros11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SS 1LE
Ford would be absolutely retarded to under rate the cars. Horse power sells cars. People that don't know a single thing about performance cars would LOVE to say....My new Mustang makes 490-500HP. That would literally put the Mustang at the top of the HP big three heap. If Ford was making more repeatable power over the 485HP dodge twins. Or the 455HP Camaro. You can beat a years pay. They would be using that fact in their advertising.
This is very true, but they also have to protect the GT350. Let's suppose it does make 500hp and you advertise it as such. Why would Jim Bob spend $60,000 on a GT350 when he can pick up a GT for $20K less? The only reason it's rated specifically at 460 is because one can now say it has more HP than a Camaro. It's the same reason GM under rated the Buick GN, to protect the Vette.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
There was nothing at the SF auto show so it's either next week in LA or it aint happening for the Bullitt. I just told my buddy about the Steeda cai and tune and he said he's getting it lol.
I thought there was an event in January.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This is very true, but they also have to protect the GT350. Let's suppose it does make 500hp and you advertise it as such. Why would Jim Bob spend $60,000 on a GT350 when he can pick up a GT for $20K less? The only reason it's rated specifically at 460 is because one can now say it has more HP than a Camaro. It's the same reason GM under rated the Buick GN, to protect the Vette.
How many Gt350s do they sell a year? How many GT’s? The GT350 is a niche vehicle targeted at a very specific audience. Not the Jim Bobs. The money is not in GT350 sales. It’s about moving EBs and GTs. Notice how the EB & GT got power bumps and improvements. While the GT350 stood pat? There will always be buyers for the GT350. Because he most importantly has the means to pay for the 350. And will always want the highest trim level. Even if it were only 25-35hp over a GT. The 350 is marketed as a track day weapon. If your Ford. Your willing to lose 10 GT sales for one GT350 sale?

Last edited:

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
20whp JLT intakes again? come on.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Steeda just added a JLT to a 2018 and tuned it, gained 30WHP, video on their facebook page.

I am sure Lund will get 30WHP from the car. :)
At least 30, probably more.:hail:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
The GT350 is on it's way out.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Just saw that video, appears 20hp just from cold air and 10 from tune?

Yeah and its total bullshit!

A CAI un-tuned does not gain you 20WHP, its absolute total crap and they should be ashamed to spout such rubbish, but hey they sell air intakes and they want to sell more.

Look at it this way, they must have the worlds worse tuner to only gain 10WHP.

I guarantee you Lund will gain a minimum of 20WHP, most likely 25-30WHP.

Yet Steeda ONLY gained 10WHP with a tune, but when combined with their CAI they gain 30WHP.

They are mixing their words and fudging the results, the tune gives you the gains not the CAI.

I beg people to not waste their money with CAI's, JLT, Steeda, Roush, please don't bother guys. The gains come from tuning and the stock air box can be modified to flow very well and match within a couple of horsepower any CAI, with the advantage of being stock, lower IAT and nicer drive ability.

Keep the stock air box, remove the carbon trap and fit a panel filter, then get a tune from the best tuners in the business such as Lund, PBD or AED, then enjoy.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Agreed

A CAI un-tuned does not gain you 20WHP, its absolute total crap and they should be ashamed to spout such rubbish, but hey they sell air intakes and they want to sell more.

Yet Steeda ONLY gained 10WHP with a tune, but when combined with their CAI they gain 30WHP.

They are mixing their words and fudging the results, the tune gives you the gains not the CAI.

I beg people to not waste their money with CAI's, JLT, Steeda, Roush, please don't bother guys. The gains come from tuning and the stock air box can be modified to flow very well and match within a couple of horsepower any CAI, with the advantage of being stock, lower IAT and nicer drive ability.

Keep the stock air box, remove the carbon trap and fit a panel filter, then get a tune from the best tuners in the business such as Lund, PBD or AED, then enjoy.
I’m always skeptical, 20 seemed really high. I will say the Steeda intakes do look nice though.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
People say this but I don’t feel any drop in power all the way to the 6500rpm redline:shrug:

Looking at dyno graphs of the gen 6 ss and 18 gt, both are making around 350 tq @6000 rpm.
The ss make at least 350 tq from 2000-6000rpm

Scroll down for graph.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.hotr...-of-its-claimed-455-hp455-lb-ft-and-more/amp/

The 18 gt does have a flatter curve up top no doubt; but to say the lt1 “falls on its face” is ignorant.

I don't think you know how to equate a dynograph, to engine performance & characteristics.

You can clearly see the HP curve flatten out, at the crossover point. (Thus falling on it's face compared to other style of engines.)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

I think you misunderstood. I don't think anyone was suggesting a COLD AIR INTAKE was the reason.... they are talking about it being colder outside. It is now Winter... and temperatures are 20 ~ 40 degrees colder now, which means air is more dense.

An engine is an air pump.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Jim Bob looking for a track day car is going to spend $60,000 on a GT350 when a 1SS 1LE is $20k less?
Nah dude. Ask anyone that tracks: when you are learning, a lower cost but more capable car is less stressful and more rewarding. GT350s getting passed by 1SS1LE is common in hpde 1-3. By the time the camaro owner spends another $20k to equal the base GT350 expense, hes walking around GT350s on track.
Sponsored