Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The Voodoo sound is more about the firing order than just the RPMs. Certainly an Eaton GT500 with a redline in the 7k range will sound great, just a completely different animal than a voodoo.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Viper ACR has the same sort of tacked-on look, and we see what its capable of.. I'm not going make assumptions on the performance capabilities of the car, I'll wait to actually see what it can do. That being said, Team Corvette has had ample time to sort out the shortcomings of the Z06, so if the ZR1 is everything the Z06 is turned up to 11, but properly sorted this time around, it will be one hell of a car, graceful or not.
The Viper ACR is an awesome car. I would be very surprised if the ZR1 can compete with it. I remember thinking the Z06 was awesome, and then the reviewers said it seemed unfinished. Dangerous to try to drive quickly, etc. Will the ZR1 be a repeat of the Z06 with inadequate engineering time behind it, or will the suspension, brakes and aero fully utilize the power capabilities of the engine? I will be interested to see what happens.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yep I would buy one and keep that one forever. It safe to say something like that won’t be created again.
There's no doubt! If the GT350 goes bye bye for 19, I think its safe to say there won't be another like it ever as well.
a 7L would be epic in a S550.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
The Viper ACR is an awesome car. I would be very surprised if the ZR1 can compete with it. I remember thinking the Z06 was awesome, and then the reviewers said it seemed unfinished. Dangerous to try to drive quickly, etc. Will the ZR1 be a repeat of the Z06 with inadequate engineering time behind it, or will the suspension, brakes and aero fully utilize the power capabilities of the engine? I will be interested to see what happens.
I’ll bet the new ZR1 runs a sub seven minute ring time. And will be faster at the majority attraction then the ACR. I personally don’t think the Z06 is uncontrollable or any more dangerous than any other RWD 600+ hp car. It’s far less “dangerous” then the previous gen Gt500.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I’ll bet the new ZR1 runs a sub seven minute ring time. And will be faster at the majority attraction then the ACR. I personally don’t think the Z06 is uncontrollable or any more dangerous than any other RWD 600+ hp car. It’s far less “dangerous” then the previous gen Gt500.
Randy Pobst doesn't agree with your assessment of the Z06, but what would he know? :cheers: He did say that the problems come up on the track and/or if you turn off the traction aids. People who just drive gently around town or polish the Z06 in their garage won't have any issues.

I hope you are right about the ZR1 - although I think the days of fast 'ring times might be over due to the new speed limits. I get what you are saying about thinking it will be fast. It certainly makes enough power to be fast if the rest is done well.

What I'm really looking forward to on the 'vette side is the mid engine. I hope the prices don't go sky high. Performance should be significantly improved over the current Corvettes.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I’ll bet the new ZR1 runs a sub seven minute ring time. And will be faster at the majority attraction then the ACR.
I have "read" that this ZR1 is faster than the ACR on the track as well.
We shall see.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Without reading, because I’ve never wanted a viper, shouldn’t this new ZR1 beat it for at least 1 lap? The ZR1 is some 300 lbs more than the ACR but HP is almost 100 more, giving the ZR1 a better power to weight, tires should be similar in size maybe slight edge to viper. Braking will be similar, maybe slight edge to the viper. ZR1 needs to be well balanced tho,

It’ll be close I’m sure, we’ll see soon enough cause if it does, GM can’t wait to capitalize. I read that they will build as many as people want.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Randy Pobst doesn't agree with your assessment of the Z06, but what would he know? :cheers: He did say that the problems come up on the track and/or if you turn off the traction aids. People who just drive gently around town or polish the Z06 in their garage won't have any issues.

I hope you are right about the ZR1 - although I think the days of fast 'ring times might be over due to the new speed limits. I get what you are saying about thinking it will be fast. It certainly makes enough power to be fast if the rest is done well.

What I'm really looking forward to on the 'vette side is the mid engine. I hope the prices don't go sky high. Performance should be significantly improved over the current Corvettes.
I know what Randy said, but I think when he says something negative about a car it get s a bit overblown, also the car is pretty sensitive to proper track alignments, and yes I have had it on track and by no means do I drive it gently! I think the ZR1 will be very fast, but like you I'm waiting for the ME car, I'll probably pass on the ZR1.

Sponsored

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I hope you are right about the ZR1 - although I think the days of fast 'ring times might be over due to the new speed limits.
Those were lifted the middle of last year. Hence all the new records lately (Huracan Performante, GT2RS). I doubt the ZR1 will be able to touch either of those times.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Those were lifted the middle of last year. Hence all the new records lately (Huracan Performante, GT2RS). I doubt the ZR1 will be able to touch either of those times.
Ya I highly doubt that as well. I’d say maybe an outside shot of catching the hurcan as it has a significant hp and tq advantage (though weighs about 250-300lbs more) but no way do I see it catching the GT2RS. I think it’ll run around a 6:52-6:54.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It’ll be close I’m sure, we’ll see soon enough cause if it does, GM can’t wait to capitalize. I read that they will build as many as people want.
I'll agree with that!!
I wish Ford would build as many GT500's as people wanted. Just go to your local Ford dealership, get the deal you wanted, leave a deposit, and order your car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
GM has always been about making them in hoards, thats why the resale market is so low. With any car that is made in bulk, its best to buy at the end of the run, easier to get and at a much better price.
If they end up making 10,000+ of this GT500, they should be fairly easy to get.
The GT350 has been holding strong because of the many BMW and Porche fans that it has won over. The GT500 most lilkely wont pull a lot of those buyers in. Depends on the reviews I suppose, but most of the guys that like great driving cars prefer N/A - IMO
Sponsored