Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Lots of R&D?

To me it has the appearance of quick and dirty release rather than a beautifully integrated design.

Compare that tacked on rear spoiler to the beautiful CF unit on the GT350R, for instance. Same thing with the front end of the car and the hood.

Edit: yes I'm sure it will be quick especially in a straight line and have lots of power. Those are a given.
Don't quote me here, but I think it's one of the fastest Chevys on the track as well. (It's just a rumor right now from what I read.)
That's what I mean by the "lot of R&D".
Sponsored

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Lots of R&D?

To me it has the appearance of quick and dirty release rather than a beautifully integrated design.

Compare that tacked on rear spoiler to the beautiful CF unit on the GT350R, for instance. Same thing with the front end of the car and the hood.

Edit: yes I'm sure it will be quick especially in a straight line and have lots of power. Those are a given.
The Viper ACR has the same sort of tacked-on look, and we see what its capable of.. I'm not going make assumptions on the performance capabilities of the car, I'll wait to actually see what it can do. That being said, Team Corvette has had ample time to sort out the shortcomings of the Z06, so if the ZR1 is everything the Z06 is turned up to 11, but properly sorted this time around, it will be one hell of a car, graceful or not.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The ZR1 is Awesome! Eventually we might actually see the new GT500 if there going to build it.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The best part is that it will probably be a force to reckon with on the track AND the drag strip. Awesome.
It definitely is fast though, we know that! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
If the GT 500 does not come out next year, then a 2018 GT/A10/PP1/Recaro with the roush supercharger is going to be my fourth and last Mustang (I will be keeping the other 3).

Still not completely sold on the front end but after comparing the dark colors(always wanted a ruby red) to the lighter colors ,it looks best in the silver(not going to do another white like GT350 with classic blue striped).
I think the planned Steeda front fascia will make it look even better.

I am done building "race cars" as the drivability suffers especially in manual cars with all the "suspension" upgrades. I am also done buying motors like socks so looking for for something with a warranty that will run 10's with nothing more than drag radials.

Also tired of the raspy sound of headers chasing power on a supercharged car so I will leave the exhaust alone. I just test drove the PP car below and the exhaust is perfect in my opinion- not as nice of course as the GT 350 but close in race mode(no individual exhaust mode).The dual tips are the icing on the cake and it looks great.

The car sits just right in the back so no need to even lower it ( I am sure the front will drop with the supercharger weight).I loved the magnaride-i it is a lot more cushy in normal/track mode than it is on the GT 350 -especially now that I lowered that.

I am sure the 3.0 whipple will make more power but I have always preferred the low end torque the TVS makes compared to the larger twin screws, and besides I doubt it will come with a warranty .

I also will probably end up adding the latest generation whipple that fits the GT 350 .

I think I will be truly done when my mustang stable includes a GT 350(whipped or not), 2018-rouscharged(or next Gen GT500) both of which should run 10's and still drive nice and my 2 "race cars" -TT/5.2/GT350 heads and 3.2 KB/GT350 heads for when I want to go 9.s( the Hellion still drives "nice" but the 3.2 KB car is a different story----- because race car. lol)

I plan to have my last "fling " with mustangs for the next few year before I turn 50......... at which point I will probably have a midlife crisis(another one ??) and trade all 4 and my S4 for a 911 Turbo-that's my dream car.

One car that will do all .AWD drive for snow so no need for daily driver S4, 10 sec 1/4 capable (not giving that up) and make me look like a "proper" and "respectable member of my profession........ and lastly my wife will be thrilled that I got tid of my "pets"
LOL
2018GT2.JPG
2018GT1.JPG

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hope ford has gotten this thing passed for emissions and was able to get what they wanted out of it.

While I know it's hard to fully out down HP past 600 on the street with a great deal of consistency in a RWD, it sure will be nice to start trying with 750+. I can't tell you how much I'm gonna enjoy stepping on the gas without manual shifting, stoplight to stoplight...and no more need for power shifting. It's gonna be a good time.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I hope ford has gotten this thing passed for emissions and was able to get what they wanted out of it.

While I know it's hard to fully out down HP past 600 on the street with a great deal of consistency in a RWD, it sure will be nice to start trying with 750+. I can't tell you how much I'm gonna enjoy stepping on the gas without manual shifting, stoplight to stoplight...and no more need for power shifting. It's gonna be a good time.
Are you sure it's not going to be manual only like all the previous GT 500's ?

I hope not ,but if it is then that will be enough for me to pass and just throw a TVS (or Whipple ) unto an 18 GT with the A10/maganride and active exhaust .

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Are you sure it's not going to be manual only like all the previous GT 500's ?

I hope not ,but if it is then that will be enough for me to pass and just throw a TVS (or Whipple ) unto an 18 GT with the A10/maganride and active exhaust .
If I had to guess, I would say the automatic would be an option.
Look at all the cars that have automatics nowadays. The Hellcat Challenger, the ZR1, the ZL1, the Z06.
I think it would be a "mistake" on Ford's part not to offer the automatic on the new GT500. Just my opinion.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If it’s a manual only I’ll pass on it too.
In fact anything less than 740 HP, auto/DCT -I’ll be out.
It won’t hurt my feelings not to get this one this go round. Plenty of other cars to choose from.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
If it’s a manual only I’ll pass on it too.
In fact anything less than 740 HP, auto/DCT -I’ll be out.
It won’t hurt my feelings not to get this one this go round. Plenty of other cars to choose from.
I feel we might be similar in thought process. I’m not too excited (anymore) about the new super stang, but I tend to hype myself as it’s debuted.

A couple days ago I wasn’t super impressed with the ZR-1, but today after the official unveiling I find myself more interested. I’d never get this car, but I’m liking it more. I just can’t really get myself to love supercharged cars, especially when the weight goes up 140lbs.

That said, the GT350 for me was love at first rumor, lol. As soon as the 8250rpm leaked I was hooked and knew it was my next car. I traded “down” for it coming from a newer GT-R.

Guess what I like better, have more fun it AND I’m modifying? The 350.

My wife said she knew off the bat I liked it better when I started ordering parts.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Now what if this GT500 has a 8000 RL?
I think the crate 5.2 CPC has a 8100?

Ill probably end up loving the exhaust note, nearly as much as the GT350Rs! Running a supercharger 760HP with a 8000 RL will be intoxicating... take those things away ( 700- HP, 7250 RL) and it loses the thrill IMO.

Last edited:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
A couple hundred RPMs have nothing to do with the sound. Minus FPC it can Rev to 5k other 9k and it won't sound like a FPC especially muffled by an Eaton or Whipple.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
A couple hundred RPMs have nothing to do with the sound. Minus FPC it can Rev to 5k other 9k and it won't sound like a FPC especially muffled by an Eaton or Whipple.

You can't tell the pitch increase when RPM's raise? Yes, 750 RPM is a difference, in fact, its substantial in my book. I know it wont sound like a FPC, but it will still sound great with the variable exhaust. Listen to the difference of the 2018 GT, sounds good to me. Also, the eaton isnt' going to muffle the exhaust like you think it will. Wait and see. It may not have the rasp, but it will sound good.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Nothing cooler than a screaming V8. I'm with Mach.

Going from a 4.6 that redlines at 5850, the Coyote's extra rpms are really nice. And that sound, X-pipe and Borlas at 6800 sounds like heavenly.

In Highschool, I had a '71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland (massive ports and valves). We slapped a huge solid lifter cam in that thing, long tubes, intake and a Holly 950 Pro series carb, that thing hit 7400 like nobody's business.

Through the equal length long tubes, 3" pipes , 2 chamber flow masters and dumps, holy christ. The sound.

The feel of that engine reminded me of how these Coyotes feel. The Coyote probably has more power, but the newer cars weigh more too.

Anyhow, to return to topic, An 8K SC 5.0 would be pretty cool. After the letdown of no turbos, hopefully they can make it a screamer.