Sponsored

CJPonyParts Vs American Muscle

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
Ordered RTR upper and lower grilles form Am Muscle. Received the lower grille and a set of 4 one inch lowering coil springs. Called Am Muscle customer service regarding the error. Customer service told me that they would schedule UPS to pick up the springs but could not ship the upper grille until UPS verifies the box undamaged. Here it's Friday and UPS won't pick up the box until Monday, if I'm lucky. I have the facia off with the lower grille installed, but have no desire to install with the OEM upper grille, as American Muscle suggests so that I have access to a vehicle(I have but one vehicle). Installing then removing then re-installing the facia has too many instances for broken/damaged tabs.
American Muscle customer service states that their company policy states that they cannot ship the correct part until the shipper receives the package and verifies not damaged.
Four weeks ago, I ordered and received a front K brace from CJ Pony Parts, only to find that the box was damaged in shipping(either UPS or Yellow Freight) and all the mounting hardware was missing. Called CJ, spoke with their customer service and was told that not only would they schedule a UPS pickup the next day but will express ship(3 day) a new K brace with the proper hardware. This was not CJ's shipping error, it was the shipper's error who damaged the package, but yet CJ did the right thing for me, the customer. Three days later the K brace was installed and I was a happy customer.
Form your own conclusions as to which company has customer service and which company gives a damn about you.
Since I have a 2017 Mustang and have plans to upgrade drivetrain and suspension, I will never purchase anything from American Muscle again. CJ Pony Parts will get get my business from this day forward.
Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Sometimes you just have to weed them out.

Form your own conclusions as to which company has customer service and which company gives a damn about you.
Since I have a 2017 Mustang and have plans to upgrade drivetrain and suspension, I will never purchase anything from American Muscle again. CJ Pony Parts will get get my business from this day forward.
I agree and I won't get into a pissing contest with one supplier or the other. BUT if one steps up to the plate and takes care of you it's a no brainer, In my book even if the cost is a little more a supplier that listens to you and provides service gets my business.

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
Had a similar thing happen with them. When I had my 93 Cobra I ordered Mac Pro dumps and ended up with 2 passenger sides. I had to take pics and wait for a review, then wait for a return label that took 3 emails for it to be in an attachment for me to print. Then ship it back and wait for it to be received for them to send me the right parts.

Worst part was I had the last big show of the year to go to during all this, so I ended up making a set of dumps off my h-pipe to get by. Gave them a second chance and still order from them.

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle is dead to me. They haven't informed me of when the springs will be picked up by UPS, so I leave the box at my front door all day then bring it into the house at night. As they reminded me, I'm responsible for the springs if lost, stolen, or damaged prior to the UPS gods blessing a returnable package. Pardon me, but is this the way a reputable business acquires and retains customers? Avoid American Muscle and use CJ Pony Parts or Lethal, these vendors will treat you right. Life is too short to have to deal with gross incompetence.

Sponsored

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't drop it off at UPS because I have three herniated discs in my lower back and those 4 coil springs are heavy, car is in garage with facia off, and lastly why should I drop it off and pay shipping and insurance for a part that I didn't order. Due to their error they should pick up part where it was delivered. Also, what guarantee do I have that they will reimburse my expenses or send me the correct part, or simply another incorrect part? They have a specific policy that a customer must adhere to for a returned part. This policy doesn't specify whether the part was ordered incorrectly or was the company's shipping error. The company policy is 100% one sided in the company's favor and 0% in the customer's favor. Go to the site and read the return policy for yourself.

Why did CJ Pony Parts customer service give me a UPS pickup scheduled the next day, order me a new part on the spot, or get me 3 day express shipping even though the shipper as at fault for the package damaged with hardware missing?

Why doesn't American Muscle have a cute video for the return policy like they do for parts installation. That surely would sour their sales I assure you.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but I'm pissed with this company.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Living in driving distance of both I've not had an issue with either.

I've even sold a few used Mustang parts to employees of AM.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Any reason you didnt just go drop it off at a UPS store?
That's just AMs procedure, if I remember correctly. But this was several years ago.

I had a major cluster f$%k involving AM. I ordered a set of axle-backs from them.

One axle-back came damaged. Same thing ... Had to leave it for UPS to pick up. Had to wait for AM to do an investigation and run that through UPS while the two argued about who's fault it was.

Then AM shipped me a new one. It never arrived. Apparently, it was stuck somewhere in their warehouse. No one at AM could locate it .... it showed shipped, even though the AM associates were telling me it never actually shipped.

They shipped me another. It arrived in good condition.

A few months later some inventory person decided I owed AM for the axle-back I never got. You know, the one they couldn't track down.

I don't shop there any longer. That was about $40,000.00 in parts ago.

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I get it ur upset. Shxt happens. Its a fact of life. People make mistakes. Ive had to return an improper item to them. They issued a shipping label and I dropped it off, not a big deal. I cant imagine ur attitude helped the situation much. Just sayn. :cool:

Couldn't drop it off at UPS because I have three herniated discs in my lower back and those 4 coil springs are heavy, car is in garage with facia off, and lastly why should I drop it off and pay shipping and insurance for a part that I didn't order. Due to their error they should pick up part where it was delivered. Also, what guarantee do I have that they will reimburse my expenses or send me the correct part, or simply another incorrect part? They have a specific policy that a customer must adhere to for a returned part. This policy doesn't specify whether the part was ordered incorrectly or was the company's shipping error. The company policy is 100% one sided in the company's favor and 0% in the customer's favor. Go to the site and read the return policy for yourself.

Why did CJ Pony Parts customer service give me a UPS pickup scheduled the next day, order me a new part on the spot, or get me 3 day express shipping even though the shipper as at fault for the package damaged with hardware missing?

Why doesn't American Muscle have a cute video for the return policy like they do for parts installation. That surely would sour their sales I assure you.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but I'm pissed with this company.

Last edited:
OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inthehighdesert, attitude has nothing to do with ineffective and inept customer service, just sayin.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Yeah, I don’t think it’s too much drama. They made a mistake and are acting like the customer is trying to pull something over on them. They could preemptively ship the right part and only charge for the part they sent incorrectly if he didn’t ship back, like 99% of companies out there.

It sounds like they’ve not even authorized UPS to pick it up yet. There are plenty of other places to shop online. I’ll be hesitant to shop there going forward.

OP
OP
black bart

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeffery, my exact sentiments. Your customers are your business, treat them right and you'll be successful.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Totally agree with you. I won't use American Muscle. I live overseas so have a forwarder I use for companies that don't ship internationally.

Pay via paypal, the item is sent to the forwarder and I get it here in Dubai within 3 days. Used a host of vendors with no problems at all: LMR, CJPP, Lethal, Stage3motorsports, TeamBeefcake, Sixity Auto, Summit, Jegs, Hellhorse Performance, MGW and loads more.

When I tried with AM, I have to use a US credit card (even with paypal) which I don't have or I can ship internationally with them through their premium international shipping company which is almost twice the price I get through my own forwarder. Sent emails and the answer was always 'tough luck.'

Thanks but no thanks. I'll go with a vendor that cares about their customers and the repeat business they know they'll get as a result.
Sponsored