Pretty disappointed with new 17 GT buy

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Think its possible the plastic on the front tweeter speaker is loose? I had almost exactly the same sound, finally found out the little plastic covers over my speakers were lose and rattling around. Had ford fix, and now I dont have the rattles anymore. You could prob just glue them yourself, but if going to a ford dealer isn't a big deal I suggest just letting them handle it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bigpoppa05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Appreciate all the answers. Dealers an hour away and secondly winter has a arrived here in Michigan and I don’t want it out in the winter. I found the battery cover loose last last night

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford Quality Control - Sound Engineer

Yeah Ford needs to look into these things more often.
I have a Ford Flex and man don’t lower both rear windows on
that vehicle - low or high speed hum that will drive you crazy.
I think the CIA can give up waterboarding because it can qualify
as the new form of torture. :lol:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Appreciate all the answers. Dealers an hour away and secondly winter has a arrived here in Michigan and I don’t want it out in the winter. I found the battery cover loose last last night
Remember that you could always go to a closer dealership.

Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I have the exact same rattle. However I don’t have anyone that can drive stick that I trust enough for me to sit in the passenger side to poke on things LOL

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have the exact same rattle. However I don’t have anyone that can drive stick that I trust enough for me to sit in the passenger side to poke on things LOL
Find someone you trust to track down the noise and poke things while you drive!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I had a rattle from the back right since new and it was driving me nuts, I even went back and looked at the module in the trunk a lot of people complain of. Turns out it was the back seatbelt buckle rattling against the side panel. I buckled both belt back there and now its quiet lol.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I had a rattle from the back right since new and it was driving me nuts, I even went back and looked at the module in the trunk a lot of people complain of. Turns out it was the back seatbelt buckle rattling against the side panel. I buckled both belt back there and now its quiet lol.
LOL! So many times I thought I had a rattle and it turned out to be stuff like this. Someone leaving a water bottle in the passenger door, keys in the cup holder, leaving my X4 in the glovebox (that really threw me for a loop lmao)

Not sure if the S550’s well insulated cabin is a plus or minus after hearing all these little sounds that I’d never hear in the other cars I’ve had. I feel dumb every single time I find the real cause lol :headbonk:

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Lots of rattles, I learned to live with them. I paid for the performance knowing this.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Find someone you trust to track down the noise and poke things while you drive!
I have trust issues all the way around :p

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
First off i want to make it known that camaros along with other brands, even higher end, rattle too. I know this first hand.

Second. I have a 2013 f150 lariat, love it. The rattles annoyed me. After a few google searches, i pulled my door panels, 10 minute job per panel, and put some foam tape on the little plastic ear hooks, the rattles have gone down by 90%. I mean hardly ever one unless im hitting terrain or a rough road. Less than my friends GMC and my other friends Silvarado, 2012 and 2011 respectively. And its faster. And its nicer. And it tows more. And its not a GM product. Should Ford have done that? Sure. Was it hard, and did it cost me more than a couple of hours and 20 dollars? Nope. I bet if you track down the rattles it will be worth your time to fix, and just enjoy the car. Plus you get to work on her which, IMO for upgrades is always sweet.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro, where?

waiting for Cgocifer to throw his sales pitch and post 10 pictures of his camaro
I wish these guys would drive them where I am, I can't find many at all.