Sponsored

Pretty disappointed with new 17 GT buy

Bigpoppa05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I’ve literally spent hours and hours searching. Picked up a new mustang a week ago. 80 miles on it. 200 miles later from 60-80 miles an hour I have a horrible rattle which sounds like wind sheer but only on one side by tje passenger mirror. I’ve chased removing the passenger rear interior quarter and padded it all up. Still rattles Fit and finish on a new car wasn’t what I expected. At least I got a good price but now I’m left chasing then rattle near the passenger door and don’t really want to leave it at the dealer since most arnt able to help according to replies .

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Try touching the passenger air vent and see if that's where the sound is coming from. My driver's side vent makes a similar sound at times, and I can easily stop it by touching the edges. Seems like the fit isn't quite right.

Once i know the cause, I can live with the sound, so it doesn't bother me too much anymore. However, I do also drive with the windows down, and the white noise from the wind pretty much masks any rattles. Also, the deafness helps. :D

-T

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Push in random pieces of the dashboard. It's like it comes "unglued" a bit. Sometimes its the air vents. SOmetimes its the area surrounding it. Then it goes away for days or a week. Often coming back when I go over a pothole or something. I wonder if its worth it to get it fixed under warranty.

OP
OP

Bigpoppa05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
From what I’m gathering dealers can’t do a thing and we all know it will sit there for a week. Winter is coming in Michigan and I don’t want it outside. I pretty much stole the car. 28k otd blackout package and painted roof. Really good deal for brand new. I’d be happy knowing where it came from

Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
From what I’m gathering dealers can’t do a thing and we all know it will sit there for a week. Winter is coming in Michigan and I don’t want it outside. I pretty much stole the car. 28k otd blackout package and painted roof. Really good deal for brand new. I’d be happy knowing where it came from
I got my fully loaded '16 in summer 2016 for 38K out the door. Even has optional recaros :headbang:

If you put your foot down, the dealer usually meets you somewhere near it.

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
As a previous ford dealership tech, I can tell you a lot of warranty work is wind, water, and noise related. As others have said, take it to the dealer and let Ford fix it.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I've concluded that this is just a Ford thing. My Mustang has rattles that come and go all over the car. Nothing too overbearing. None of my passengers ever noticed even when I point it out but when it's your car you know. I've had three different rental cars from Ford and other cars were much, much worse.

You have to have a really bad rattle for a dealer to work with you. I had one that required the dealer to put foam in to block plastic from rubbing. But they will try their hardest to not deal with it. My dealer first drove it by themselves and said they didn't notice anything. I then drove with the service manager where the rattle was plain as day and he went what do you want that's just plastic? So eventually I had to complain to customer service and after Ford got involved they finally took personal care of my car. But the first time they said it was fixed I drove to work with a worse rattle than before. Only after that and more complaining to Ford did they actually get in there and foam the plastic. This was the passenger side near the windshield, btw.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Cars rattle when they get cold, and the rattles go away as the temps rise.

Complaining about rattles from a Ford...............right.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I would take the Ford tech for a ride. While Im driving he can search for the culprit.
This - we had something similar in our Explorer, when at speed and the wind was coming from the passenger side we got a HORRIBLE vibration/buzzing. Waited for a windy day and took the tech for a ride...was some gasketing around the hood that only happened when the wind/speed were JUST right. But once he heard it the tech had a pretty easy time fixing it.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
My rattle was fixed the same day.
You just have to ask them nicely. Ask a service advisor to come for a ride and point out all the rattles while driving.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i suggest getting a roll of flocking tape. my 15 was littered with rattles from the plastic on plastic interior. After popping the offending panels lose, and lining them with flocking tape (essentially felt tape), the rattles were cured.

my 17 I will probably have to do the same one, but once you've done it a few times, panel removal and replacement is very fast and easy.