The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Steve let me know if you need help with FORScan. I 've done all these changes, plus several more, a while ago. For example it might be a good idea to deactivate the Active Noise Cancellation through FORSCan, as it will quiet down drone in the cabin due to exhaust and downpipe.
Sounds a plan... i need to get my arse in gear and buy the shiz i need for it. Along with the other gimmicks i'm looking at. I have sync 2 v3.10 infront of me ready to go, just too lazy to press play
:lol:
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Took my private plate off the car in preparation for sale. :(

Test drove an Audi B7 S4 Avant with the 4.2 V8. Felt slow but grippy and the manual was shocking, think it was tired. I want a Winter beater but want to do it in style but at the same time have a car I can drive like a loon on cold wet roads for a change.

Gonna test drive some B7 RS4 Saloons as I really like those, drove one years ago for a day and it was lovely, shame is now they are all getting old, most don't make more than 380HP due to coking. But they sound superb, grip like poo to a blanket and are lovely inside and so much traction. Was gonna get an EVO X again but makes no sense as owned one of those before, could try an SST I suppose.

Also going to test drive Golf R DSG as seem bargain of the century and are insanely quick with a basic remap, when I say insanely quick I mean totally kicking the ass of Mustangs left right and centre, so could be a laugh for a few months, downsides are more depreciation, sounds poo, looks boring and is about as entertaining to drive as watching paint dry. But its the perfect car for Winter and stupid quick, crazy fast and can return close to 50mpg on a run, plus less than 3yr old.

Am also going to re-drive a Focus RS too, but probably won't go with one as my last experience I was a bit unimpressed, it was ace but not EVO X ace and it was so firm and of course a manual. I felt it was very much a weekend type car and not a daily, mainly due to how firm it was.

Golf R is the brain choice, but my heart is still saying RS4 and my drunken head is saying C63 AMG and not to worry about the cold damp roads. In reality I don't need another V8, got one incoming so I hope the Golf R is a nice drive so I just buy one.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
cleaned her... semi in the dark so no pictures, literally wet waxed and sealant(ed) it in the dark and dried it, should be amusing seeing wtf it looks like in the morning

Next up, nemesis meet!

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
informed the insurance company about change of address... £220 increase! Not a happy bunny.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Dodgy bunch in Cambridgeshire mind.

Tell them to get stuffed.

Last edited:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
informed the insurance company about change of address... £220 increase! Not a happy bunny.
wow thats almost the same as i pay for insurance for a year anyway if they tried doubling my insurance like that they'd be getting told where to insert it.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As it was the lest ever event at Shakespear drag raceway me and Mac went along:

[ame]

Just like last time launching was a nightmare, Santa Pod is far easier to launch and keep the power down.
He did a best of 12.0@127mph so a good launch easily 11s.

My best was 13.6@112mph, again same issues could not keep my foot in it in 1st or 2nd.

I did three runs with just my custom tune on, all of them 111-112mph which in on par with the times I was seeing with Lund and the PMAS CAI. Absolute 100% proof a CAI does zilch for you, just modify the stock intake it gives just as good power with the advantage of driving nicer.

Then just for reference I put the car back to stock, did a 13.6@106mph, which seems to backup the terminals Enoch and Guy were seeing when they were stock which was 105-107mph terminals.

Also when I was SCT/JDM canned tune, I got 110mph at POD which is a faster track.

So:
Stock: 105-107mph
Canned tune: 110mph
Custom tune: 112mph

Though it is easier to launch on stock and canned tunes due to torque limiting still being enabled making it easier to put power down in 1st. But once rolling a good custom tune makes for a very fast car, makes slip road entries all the more fun.

That was my day, kept it easy on the car as I am selling it but dearly going to miss it. :(

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I beat [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] and Reuben on a race game... that was my day... ;)!

(before he complains, his car did suddenly limit him to like 90mph lol)

Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Hope you then informed them that your leaving them! That’s crazy!
I did some comparing of the merkats etc. Turns out they are still cheapest.

Previous area was a 6 for risk (100 is the highest risk area/most claims). I'm now a 22.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Fitted my paddle shift extensions :)
I got them to put on too. Were yours from CJ Ponyparts in US or Pinalloy via China (I got the latter)? Also, with the 3M adhesion pads, did you stick the red side to the lever extensions, or to the Mustang's levers? No instructions with mine

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold it! :(
Sponsored