Chaos_Agent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Premium GT
placebo effect.
Possibly. One thing fore sure, which is NOT placebo, the exhaust sounds better. If I knew there would be a difference I would have captured a video in the previous GT. The other stuff is, granted, subjective.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
How much faster?
Anyone have hard numbers zero-60 and 1/4 mile between manual and auto?
What about road course lap times?

Edit: quick google showed GT manual 0-60 ranges from 4.3-4.5 sec.
Quarter mile 12.9@113.

"0-60 times" website shows the auto slower by .2 seconds.

I call it a wash.
Maybe the ten speed will be a little faster.
LOLOL

Check the fast list

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Automatic is always faster in straight line racing
Period .....Thats why you dont see clutch cars at
the dragstrip but 1 in 100.

The Feel and sound are in your head,all mustangs use the same
exhaust . Sounds like you could have saved money by getting a
tune and maybe some LTs and nice cat back

Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I love driving my stick, GTPP with headers and GT350 manifold is perfect. I'd really like more power, but I think it'd ruin the feel of the car. If I want boost, I'll steal my wife's car and sell mine.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
Possibly. One thing fore sure, which is NOT placebo, the exhaust sounds better. If I knew there would be a difference I would have captured a video in the previous GT. The other stuff is, granted, subjective.
There is no Placebo effect in the first place because it isn't like they advertise a different horsepower for manuals vs autos, so your feeling of speed is attributed to having one over the other. I think that you feel faster because you are engaged, focused, and enjoying the experience. While in the 6R80 you are zombie behind the wheel.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Not that this is the same. But, 6th June, I bought a 2017 Black Mustang V6. A week later I went an traded it for a 2017 Mustang GT (not premium).

Best decision EVER...!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There is no Placebo effect in the first place because it isn't like they advertise a different horsepower for manuals vs autos, so your feeling of speed is attributed to having one over the other. I think that you feel faster because you are engaged, focused, and enjoying the experience. While in the 6R80 you are zombie behind the wheel.
I wouldn't say a zombie but sure.

Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I have driven both. My car being manual and several friends having autos. I'm just not a fan of the auto's. They may have several advantages, but for me, sheer driving excitement never comes with autos. I just feel more involved with a stick shift. Manuals force you to be involved in driving.

Of the two cars that have autos, that Ive driven, both had a low in-gear drone sound at idle. Both drove me a little crazy. I wasn't a big fan. Either way, life is too short to drive boring cars. It's good that the OP got what he wanted.

Petty43gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT PP 6MT
Congrats on the new car. As far as trannies go, I don't really like driving manuals and have never felt connected to any manual tranny car I've driven including my fiancee's 07 Mustang GT with the five speed manual. To me, driving a manual tranny is a pain in the ass and I hate it in stop and go traffic. Plus having a bad left knee doesn't help. I'm perfectly happy with my auto GT.

In the end, as long as you are happy, that is all that matters.
I love that your fiancee drives the stick! Good on her :headbang:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
People are saying the auto is faster, yes maybe it's marginally faster but it doesn't feel faster. I drove the auto and was not at all impressed, droney, sluggish and boring.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
People are saying the auto is faster, yes maybe it's marginally faster but it doesn't feel faster. I drove the auto and was not at all impressed, droney, sluggish and boring.
In drive mode, the auto is sluggish, as it should be. Even in sport mode without the paddles the programming seems a little indecisive on gear choice and can feel laggy at times. Put the car in sport+ or track mode with the paddles though, and things start getting more interesting. While I definitely won’t say the auto is as engaging as driving a manual, I can say that I can get essentially the same level of control using the paddles.

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I have to admit as a young man I ended up re-buying a number of things. I would decide I just had to have a say a new stereo. I'd figure out the brand I wanted, and try to be reasonable about the model knowing I probably would never need most of the features. Then, usually not very long after, I'd be trying to sell the reasonable model and buying the best one they had.

I lost allot of money and eventually learned the hard way to just save my pennies 'till I could get the one I actually wanted....I totally get you brother :)

Personally, for this type of car I was only interested in a manual. I don't care if the auto is faster, rowing your own (gears) was part of the experience I was buying. Of course no disrespect to those who prefer otherwise - this is a really great community and part of what makes it so cool to me is the variety and ability to make these cars our own!
Sponsored