September 2017 Mustang Sales

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Drives: 2016 EcoBoost Fastback

Netherlands? :)
sure lol. Becasue for october, ford seemed to cut the incentives. Just gotta make sure were all speaking on the same country here for "massive" discounts, because there hasnt been from what i seen any difference then last year

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Mustang might go the way of the Dinosaurs......
Really not enough sales to keep the brand alive.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Current incentives for a 2017 just got worse than it was a couple days ago. I don't see the remaining 2017's flying off the lot anytime soon. If they were discounted more, they may just have a trade in from me.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
September is the Camaro's Fleet restock, which usually occurs between model years. The Camaro's sales will plummet again in October and literally flatline throughout the winter.

It appears that 10% of Camaro sales are Fleet/Rentals, or roughly 6000 cars.

Better hope they didn't ship all of them last month, October is gonna hurt.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
everyone wants to pay 50k for the new one. our economy is booming..

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I can't wait to see what the redesign will do to sales numbers. I feel like the additional new tech may entice more "not a car person" people to look into this car, but the price will be a hard thing to swallow for a Mustang. Somehow I think the sales numbers may increase, but only time will tell.
IIRC,didn't they raise the price of the Performance Pack $1k for 2018? That's a huge amount,percentage-wise.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Current incentives for a 2017 just got worse than it was a couple days ago. I don't see the remaining 2017's flying off the lot anytime soon. If they were discounted more, they may just have a trade in from me.
They can't give away the V-6s. Dealers here have plenty. There will be more incentives by November IMO.

Sponsored

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I traded my 2015 Coupe, on 8 Sep, for a 2017 Convertible, same color with Premier interior. The discounted price did not hurt either. Ford allegedly has a 114 day supply of Mustangs and the '18s are just around the corner.

I think the current sales problem goes back to Ford announcing the 2018 when they did. More power, more Tech, upgraded interiors, and people who may have bought a '17 decided to wait and see on the '18.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I traded my 2015 Coupe, on 8 Sep, for a 2017 Convertible, same color with Premier interior. The discounted price did not hurt either. Ford allegedly has a 114 day supply of Mustangs and the '18s are just around the corner.

I think the current sales problem goes back to Ford announcing the 2018 when they did. More power, more Tech, upgraded interiors, and people who may have bought a '17 decided to wait and see on the '18.
And they may suffer a double whammy. People pushed off buying a 17 for the promise of the 18 but when they look at the pricing of the 18 it is suddenly not enticing. They could go back to a 17 but there is a feeling that boat has sailed. Start looking at other cars....

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've been at two dealerships this week (for an issue with the car that mysteriously nobody can seem to replicate even though it's there in plain sight... rant for another time though), and there was not a single 2017 (sans a couple Shelbys) at either dealership. They had a ton of Focus RSs because of that debacle, but not a single Mustang anywhere. So I'm not sure about other regions, but the dealer network in Northern Colorado seems to be doing a good job of selling through the final inventory. Hard to sell what you don't have.
As far as the price increase goes, it's literally the same thing with every restyle, every time. People either freak out over the price increase, or they pay up the 1st model year of the redesign. When I bought my car people assumed I paid $40k-$50k for a GT Premium with the Performance Pack. Nope, got out the door for less than $36k after incentives, and that seems to be what most others paid for similar cars, as well. People see the highest price in an article, or online, and get sticker shock. I'm one of them, no way was I going to pay $40k and up for a Mustang. But $35k for the car I have now seems like a good deal. It will be that way with the 2018s and 2019s too - everyone will assume they'll need to pay $50k for a Premium GT, and they'll probably get out the door for less than $40k.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
IIRC,didn't they raise the price of the Performance Pack $1k for 2018? That's a huge amount,percentage-wise.
Yeah, something like that, but I did not look into it. Price jump is definitely large and I will not be upgrading (never planned on it anyways, will keep my 15 until the wheels fall off), but I wonder if it may attract a different customer (like someone who would have bought a BMW or Audi or the like) that is willing to spend a bit more to get the car.