Sponsored

Some pictures, and the rear seat installation HR815

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Waited 16 months for this to be delivered. It was only at the dealer for about 45 minutes and I drove it straight to the detail shop. If anyone needs a shop in or around Houston, let me know.

Michael at Automotive Apparel. These guys did phenomenal work, and were very timely. I ended up with 5 year ceramic coating on the whole car and clear bra from the A-pillar forward. Tinted all windows including a 70% on the windshield. They also did all the dealer prep including the spacer removal and splitter installation. I was going to install the rear seat myself, but it was so much easier to have them do it.

Unfortunately I don't have any great photographs of his work, but the car looks flawless. I wanted to post some pictures of the rear seat. This kit is perfect for the car and appears OE. It matches the fronts perfectly. I HAD to have two seats for the kids and they LOVE riding in the car.

Onto some pictures. Sorry they are so small. Medium on the iPhone is too small, but large exceeds the site resolution.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice! Do these fold down as well?

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost for the ceramic coating and for the clear bra?

Thanks!

OP
OP

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Yes, the seats do fold down.

I’ll find the invoice and see what those costs were. I want to say the ceramic was $600. Paint correction has to be done first.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost for the ceramic coating and for the clear bra?

Thanks!
I had mine done (PPF and coating) in San Antonio if you're looking for local quotes. Feel to free to PM for my address and you can see their work (Concours Auto) in person.

Also, note that Xpel has their headquarters in San Antonio; they were about 30% more than the independent shop.

Sponsored

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Matching cars and I installed seats for kids as well.
Then scored wheels and tires for street duty. The cool thing is the seats are super easy to remove for weight savings as needed to track.

Nicely done

OP
OP

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
I'm debating the street wheels. Pretty nervous driving around on these, but hope to get used to them. I did buy the Ford wheel and tire protection.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
I'm debating the street wheels. Pretty nervous driving around on these, but hope to get used to them. I did buy the Ford wheel and tire protection.
Roads here in Portland aren’t fantastic and we get a bit of rain!! After a track day and 2000 miles the C2s were already showing their wear and tramline a bit aggressively. I wanted some great street tires and wanted to save C2s for Track. Made perfect sense for my situation. The MP4S tires transform the car- simply amazing and I can now use the car into the rainy season.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I had mine done (PPF and coating) in San Antonio if you're looking for local quotes. Feel to free to PM for my address and you can see their work (Concours Auto) in person.

Also, note that Xpel has their headquarters in San Antonio; they were about 30% more than the independent shop.
Thanks a ton! PM sent! :ford:

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
If it has a rear seat, it's not a real R!!! (just kidding).

Sponsored

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
very nice! I had been curious about the rear seat deletion. if I can ever find an AG/black stripe R to swap out my normal 350, ill be doing the same thing so my kids can ride in it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
HR871 has the wheel and tire warranty. That car will not have street wheels/tires because it wont be driven much.

HR361 has no wheel/tire warranty, on top of that, it is driven more frequently and I don't want to have to have any concern, so it gets the 6GR wheels and a lesser grade R compound tire. Almost equal performance without the risk.

Oh, and very nice install on the seat delete.... delete
Sponsored

Last edited: