Sponsored

Heading to dragstrip tonight 9-29-17 Guesses ??

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't think a GT350 will ever be seen as a drag strip terror.

The 18' GT 5.0 with the 10 speed will be quicker (though a lower trap mph).
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Stanglife obviously loves pissing matches . My guess is he has no life but the internet. Can't help but feel sorry for him. Being a drama queen must be depressing at times. ā˜¹
Hardly a pissing match. It's just that the rest of us grew up and realized that street racing (1000x, says you) is irresponsible. I hope you don't kill an innocent person. It wouldn't be very Christian of you.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Hardly a pissing match. It's just that the rest of us grew up and realized that street racing (1000x, says you) is irresponsible. I hope you don't kill an innocent person. It wouldn't be very Christian of you.

Now you speak for everybody. " The rest of us"?? man you are out there aren't you? Your a real winner brother.

Can you seriously go find something productive with yourself and stop being so obsessed with me? That would be great

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, the rest of us, as in responsible adults - something youā€™d know nothing about.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
estrogen

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I googled
Consider it a little poetic license; this thread was a natural response to benchracing Hellcats. Invariably, OP will say it was close or leap to an unprovable result, while being egged on. Testosterone.

Then it's time to make good and the conditions to prove out the narrative don't work out. Wheel spin, rain, or whatever. Then the eating crow. Except it was never a fair comparison, or something.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I gooogled too - and laughed with you guys. I just have a sensitive BS meter - but whateverā€™s. Itā€™s just bench racing so I love all my car loving brethren :)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don't think a GT350 will ever be seen as a drag strip terror.

The 18' GT 5.0 with the 10 speed will be quicker (though a lower trap mph).
To your point I get a kick out of a few guys that like to take their new GT350/R's to the strip and try to make it into something that is was never intended to be which was not is a 1/4 mile terror but more of a very well balanced street/road course car.

Somewhat reminds me of back in the day when I grew up in the late 60's when the then '69 Boss 302's and the fairly new C2 Camaro Z28's were already out and both cars were terrible on the 1/4 mile drag strip but very good on a road track. Had a friend back in the day with a '69 Boss 302 that went to the strip and couldn't past the low 14's but that is what the car was not set up for.

Around that same time in the late 60's American Motors came out with the SC/Rambler and it blew away both the Boss 302 and the Z28 in the quarter mile but again was designed for a different purpose namely straight line acceleration and not for a road course. I was so impressed with the SC/Rambler with it's straight line acceleration that I bought that same car 21 years ago and it is still in my garage.

Just as the first generation Boss 302 and Z28 cars had very little low end torque so does the new generation GT350/R's as well.

My 2012 Boss 302 has more low end torque than my new GT350/R's but they are totally different cars in many respects with the Boss cars having much better low end torque and the new GT350's much better on the high end of the RPM and of course in handling, braking and steering.

As far as the new 2018 Mustang GT being quicker than our GT350's in the quarter mile I guess we will has to wait and see if that is in fact the case!

;)

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
So far I have been tracking and I haven't done the 1/4 with the gt350 yet, but I probably will try it at some point as to me it's also fun. Love seen people enjoying themselves at the track, who cares if they do it in a gt350, 5.0, or the f150,

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
To your point I get a kick out of a few guys that like to take their new GT350/R's to the strip and try to make it into something that is was never intended to be which was not is a 1/4 mile terror but more of a very well balanced street/road course car.

Somewhat reminds me of back in the day when I grew up in the late 60's when the then '69 Boss 302's and the fairly new C2 Camaro Z28's were already out and both cars were terrible on the 1/4 mile drag strip but very good on a road track. Had a friend back in the day with a '69 Boss 302 that went to the strip and couldn't past the low 14's but that is what the car was not set up for.

Around that same time in the late 60's American Motors came out with the SC/Rambler and it blew away both the Boss 302 and the Z28 in the quarter mile but again was designed for a different purpose namely straight line acceleration and not for a road course. I was so impressed with the SC/Rambler with it's straight line acceleration that I bought that same car 21 years ago and it is still in my garage.

Just as the first generation Boss 302 and Z28 cars had very little low end torque so does the new generation GT350/R's as well.

My 2012 Boss 302 has more low end torque than my new GT350/R's but they are totally different cars in many respects with the Boss cars having much better low end torque and the new GT350's much better on the high end of the RPM and of course in handling, braking and steering.

As far as the new 2018 Mustang GT being quicker than our GT350's in the quarter mile I guess we will has to wait and see if that is in fact the case!

;)
I saw something about Ford stating it'll do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds, so I assume it'll be quicker in the 1/4 mi.

I agree with your points. A stock GT350 will never get a great 60 ft, and without that it'll be a 12 flat car on a good day. Fine by me.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The dragstrip is fun because it returns definitive results. There are a lot of factors that go into et & mph, but I have fun establishing a baseline for the cars performance when they are bone stock and modified. I went 12.3's@117 in my 12 Boss and 12.1's@118 in my 17 350, both bone stock, I'd be shocked if the 18's go quicker then that, at least the manuals.
Sponsored