dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty Sad. So much for delivering a custom Mustang. The worse part is they didn't make it right immediately sticking the Ford dealer in the middle. The second worse part is they don't seem to care. Scratch Saleen off my short list. Didn't Steve Saleen go out of business once before.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That's inexcusable damages, period.

Here's what you should do - I know it's prob the car you "wanted" and one you waited for and had hoped to be everything it was hyped up to be - but the way you have been treated, the overall condition of the car as received and the receipt of even more damaged parts that were to replace damaged parts..... it's not worth the frustration.

Contact the BBB - file a compliant - you can do it against both Ford and Saleen (after all, the car is manufactured by Ford).

Contact Ford Corporate and get a Ford CSR assigned to you and explain your total disgust of the condition of the car - request them to Buy Back or Replace the vehicle.

Buy a Steeda (or insert any other vehicle of your choice here).

Again, your emotional side wants you to keep the car and HOPE they will do the right thing - but they're not going to do that at all. Put the emotions aside; others would agree.

I mean I don't know if you paid cash, if you're financing or what - but is it really worth dealing with the vehicle and said imperfections fully knowing they are taking advantage of you and not fixing it to your satisfaction?

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
That's inexcusable damages, period.

Here's what you should do - I know it's prob the car you "wanted" and one you waited for and had hoped to be everything it was hyped up to be - but the way you have been treated, the overall condition of the car as received and the receipt of even more damaged parts that were to replace damaged parts..... it's not worth the frustration.

Contact the BBB - file a compliant - you can do it against both Ford and Saleen (after all, the car is manufactured by Ford).

Contact Ford Corporate and get a Ford CSR assigned to you and explain your total disgust of the condition of the car - request them to Buy Back or Replace the vehicle.

Buy a Steeda (or insert any other vehicle of your choice here).

Again, your emotional side wants you to keep the car and HOPE they will do the right thing - but they're not going to do that at all. Put the emotions aside; others would agree.

I mean I don't know if you paid cash, if you're financing or what - but is it really worth dealing with the vehicle and said imperfections fully knowing they are taking advantage of you and not fixing it to your satisfaction?
Thanks for the advise, honestly today with another ridiculous interaction with the president pushed me over the edge, the car has to go, its getting sold.

The car is paid in full title in hand, I know ive done a good job selling it so far lol, but if someone wants it, preferable someone who lives near a saleen authorized dealer let me know lol

I have contacted the BBB, filed a complaint, Saleen has an F rating already, and the BBB basically just has the power to forward emails for a company with an F rating, Saleen quit responding and that was the end of it.

I have also attempted to contact Ford, did not try corporate, but was told my complaint was filed but Saleen is a 3rd party company so they could not help me.

Haha I've tried everything I can think of on this situation.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Thanks for the advise, honestly today with another ridiculous interaction with the president pushed me over the edge, the car has to go, its getting sold.

The car is paid in full title in hand, I know ive done a good job selling it so far lol, but if someone wants it, preferable someone who lives near a saleen authorized dealer let me know lol

I have contacted the BBB, filed a complaint, Saleen has an F rating already, and the BBB basically just has the power to forward emails for a company with an F rating, Saleen quit responding and that was the end of it.

I have also attempted to contact Ford, did not try corporate, but was told my complaint was filed but Saleen is a 3rd party company so they could not help me.

Haha I've tried everything I can think of on this situation.
Contact Ford corporate...but good luck getting anything done without a lawyer on you end. I only say this because of the situation you are in. If it was anything else, you could probably work without a lawyer...but this is special circumstances.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contact Ford corporate...but good luck getting anything done without a lawyer on you end. I only say this because of the situation you are in. If it was anything else, you could probably work without a lawyer...but this is special circumstances.
Don't suppose you know and email for Ford Corporate.

Also got a lawyer lol, but being a shady company you know how to fit into the gray areas of the law. Still deciding on how much farther to pursue this legally, gets expensive fast and in all honesty its not a lot of money to fix all their problems but its the principle of the matter.

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Don't suppose you know and email for Ford Corporate.

Also got a lawyer lol, but being a shady company you know how to fit into the gray areas of the law. Still deciding on how much farther to pursue this legally, gets expensive fast and in all honesty its not a lot of money to fix all their problems but its the principle of the matter.
I wish. I ended up actually looking for an e-mail address to contact them this morning...couldn't find it. You might be able to get one from the dealer you are working with

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I have always failed to see what is so special about tuner cars like Saleen or Roush or Shelby American. All these companies do is add budget performance parts to budget cars, often resulting in problems that are hard to resolve because you'll just get bounced around between Ford, the dealership and the tuner company. In the meantime you pay a serious premium on the price of the car because both the tuner and the dealer want to make profits. Come trade up time the car all of a sudden is considered a regular GT and has no extra residual value.

If you want a supercharged car just buy a standard car at a dealership that has experience with installing superchargers and other performance parts. You'll pay a lot less and get better service, because there is only one party involved.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Good question. Shelby American wants $17K to upgrade my GT PP to a Shelby version of the car. Ok and what do I get for that? Yes there are upgrades and a lot of cosmetic stuff like body parts and seat covers. I think my GT PP is pretty cool and fun as it is. Will my car hold its value more if I make it a Shelby or Roush or Steeda? Probably not. And you are right, I can get all the aftermarket parts I want to upgrade the car. But there is a small segment. Shelby ran into this issue back in 1969 when all the other car mfgs. including Ford offered cars that competed with his Shelby Mustangs. The 1970 Shelby Mustangs were left over 69's that didn't sell.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Derek says, [whispering] Listen closely. I'd like to help you but I can't. I'd like to tell you to take a copy of your policy to Norma Wilcox on... Norma Wilcox, W-I-L-C-O-X... on the third floor, but I can't.
I also do not advise you to fill out and file a WS2475 form with our legal department on the second floor. I would not expect someone to get back to you quickly to resolve the matter. I'd like to help, but there's nothing I can do.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Derek says, [whispering] Listen closely. I'd like to help you but I can't. I'd like to tell you to take a copy of your policy to Norma Wilcox on... Norma Wilcox, W-I-L-C-O-X... on the third floor, but I can't.
I also do not advise you to fill out and file a WS2475 form with our legal department on the second floor. I would not expect someone to get back to you quickly to resolve the matter. I'd like to help, but there's nothing I can do.
That is so awesome :lol:

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
OK, OK. We ALL KNOW Steeda sells cars. Enough already, We get it.
I hope this guy gets taken care of by his choice of modifier.
Maybe Steeda will offer you a discount in trade to get one of theirs as a gesture?
By the way,....Steeda sells cars.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, OK. We ALL KNOW Steeda sells cars. Enough already, We get it.
I hope this guy gets taken care of by his choice of modifier.
Maybe Steeda will offer you a discount in trade to get one of theirs as a gesture?
By the way,....Steeda sells cars.
Haha I wish, spoke the a Steeda guy, they are built to order, after the fiasco with Saleen and having it built I'm just not ready to go through that process again. My interaction with Saleen has made me a bit nervous with dealing these types of companies in general. I'm sure they are all not as bad as Saleen.

But the fact that they can say, no its not our fault, even with photos, proof, and signed statement they can still get away with doing this. And the cost to fight it would be more than just paying for the repairs out of my pocket.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question. Shelby American wants $17K to upgrade my GT PP to a Shelby version of the car. Ok and what do I get for that? Yes there are upgrades and a lot of cosmetic stuff like body parts and seat covers. I think my GT PP is pretty cool and fun as it is. Will my car hold its value more if I make it a Shelby or Roush or Steeda? Probably not. And you are right, I can get all the aftermarket parts I want to upgrade the car. But there is a small segment. Shelby ran into this issue back in 1969 when all the other car mfgs. including Ford offered cars that competed with his Shelby Mustangs. The 1970 Shelby Mustangs were left over 69's that didn't sell.
I am not 100% but I do not believe you can make your car an official Roush, Saleen or Steeda, I believe they only take new cars and modify them. If you were to put all the parts on from one of these companies it would be a "clone" and probably not worth as much as an made from new one, with the badges, serial numbers ect...Just a guess though.

From the aspect of modifying mustangs yourself vs buying the Roush, Saleens ect... this is my experience with it. For me this is how I see it, it may not be true for everyone.

I am a very numbers orientated guy. I literally bring a computer with a custom excel sheet with me when I negotiate with price. Very good tactic for me so far, last time I bought a car we were $7,000 apart, I gave up $0 in negotiation. Its really hard for a dealer to say no when you can point at number and say, if you say yes you will make bla,bla dollars between me buying this car and you selling my trade in. No need to be greedy lol.

For my situation with modifying a 2012 mustang gt cs in the past, I added about $12,000 into the car, main piece was a ford racing supercharger kit, and then the normal upgrade all from well known companies, no no-name eBay parts. When I went to go trade it in, probably got quotes from 6-10 different dealers, most were ford dealers, 95% offered me suggest trade in value for a stock mustang (or alittle less), added $0 for the $12,000 in add ons, they just didn't care. So in my experience, any or most of the money you put into a Mustang on your own, you wont get back. This may be different from selling privately but I often avoid heavily modified cars myself and there is the added hassle and the loss of the trade in tax credit.

For buying the already made, roush steeda, saleen,shelby, hennessy ect....Yes you will pay more for the car than if you were to add everything yourself. (some companies are a bit more steep than others on their markup) But you will be able to sell the car for more, because it has that name on it. For me on my situation the numbers came out that I would be better off buying a pre-made car with a WARRANTY for piece of mind that it would be build another one on my own like I did in the past. I came to my conclusion with 1) my expirence with my last car 2)looking at what new and used cars were going for and the loss people were taking 3)I tend to gravitate to the more expensive mustang gts with appearance packages and PP, but also tend to gravitate to the cheaper optioned roushes or saleens ect.

But in retrospect if I could do it all again, I probably would have bought a no option gt premium, slapped a Whipple stage 2 kit on it and enjoyed myself. Instead, between the last 5 months of pulling my hair out in frustration and the likelihood of loosing about $10,000 on a 6 month old car its not feeling that great.

But it can always be worse, could have grenaded the engine, and honestly don't trust the company to cover it, nor do I trust their build quality, if its anything like their paint quality control, I better make sure all the bolts and nuts are there lol.
Sponsored