Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Honestly, its how i thought it would happen, waiting until early 2018 so that most of the 350s of 18 are spoken for, before dumping the news. They have no fear of selling the GT500, they know they can sell 5-7,000 a year for 2 years.
They sure don't seem to be in any hurry. Wearing me out!!

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Yes it is all "hurry up and wait" now. Summer has come and gone with only hints of the photo on page 1 and the thread discussing the GT500 benchmarking the GT3. No ring shots. The only other thing we can hope on is a reveal like the GT350 where it was done somewhere in California or wherever, and an R model at Detroit. Would we see something like that, who knows.

Did not want to hijack the discussion and change the subject, but I just thought it w did not want to hijack the discussion and change the subject, but I just thought it would be something to point out. I understand options are concerned in regards to the Demon, but IMHO, that would be more something to talk about when the car is released and the configurator is live and we know the options.

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Detroit in January would be the earliest I'd expect to see it.

One thing I am surprised at.......no shots of it at the Nurburgring yet. I'm assuming they'll test it there.....certainly the GT350 and ZL1 were spotted there before release.
That is what I am surprised with as well. On the anniversary of photos of the GT350 being released on the ring, I was anticipating something similar as well.

As for the 500 being released IN Detroit, Who knows. Manufacturers are now catching on the trend of releasing products at satellite locations. Ford demonstrated this with the 2018 Mustang and GT350, so where and when it will be released, it is still a mystery. I know autoblog wrote a very good article about this .

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes it is all "hurry up and wait" now. Summer has come and gone with only hints of the photo on page 1 and the thread discussing the GT500 benchmarking the GT3. No ring shots.
You bring up a great point my friend.
Only when we see photos of this actual car on the 'ring will we be near a launch or more news of the car leaking out. I don't think there has been any photos of this actual car on the 'ring, has there??
I'm guessing that means we're waiting even longer!! :headbonk: :tsk:

Sponsored

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
You bring up a great point my friend.
Only when we see photos of this actual car on the 'ring will we be near a launch or more news of the car leaking out. I don't think there has been any photos of this actual car on the 'ring, has there??
I'm guessing that means we're waiting even longer!! :headbonk: :tsk:
Or they could just be using the data they got from the last ring trip and tweaking it for more power. Who knows.:shrug:

There's been a few, it's just _very_ camouflaged ...
I KNEW that was the GT500 all along! It was going around those corners very quick!:lol:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
BA Barakas was spotted wearing a presidents mask, supposedly that added 17 HP.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

Sponsored

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
More testing, Detroit/Arizona and Colorado high elevation testing (for Forced Induction?).

The GT500 is being tested right under our noses, it appears to be a Roush-type Mustang with no camo.

Maybe this with 2018 headlights? I cannot think it would have the front of the current Roush in development. 2017 Roush with 2018 headlights. Looks like the spy photo below.

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
With all the hurricanes and natural disasters, ford may not get this out before a massive co2/green house gas initiative gets under way. Where anything bigger than v6 gets the can.
Sponsored