Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
How about don't buy the damn car if it has so many problems go buy something else when did Mustang6g turn into a damn soap opera
When I receive my 2018 you best bet I will be looking over that car with a fine tooth comb. If the panel gaps are inconsistent. Or if the paint has imperfections. You best bet I won't be buying it. They will order me a new one and I will NOT be paying my downpayment again!

Edit:
I am not paying 50k for a car with huge panel gaps or imperfections.

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
When I receive my 2018 you best bet I will be looking over that car with a fine tooth comb. If the panel gaps are inconsistent. Or if the paint has imperfections. You best bet I won't be buying it. They will order me a new one and I will NOT be paying my downpayment again!

Edit:
I am not paying 50k for a car with huge panel gaps or imperfections.
Looks like you won't be getting a 2018 Mustang then. Lol.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
It's an American car.

It's a cheap American car.

It's built to a price point with different goals.

Don't expect perfection on a $25,000 car and you'll be happier.

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's an American car.

It's a cheap American car.

It's built to a price point with different goals.

Don't expect perfection on a $25,000 car and you'll be happier.
Ford knows it's core buyers have this mindset. That's why their quality control on a $25k car is worse than a $16k Toyota.

They know their buyers don't care and will make excuses so Ford doesn't care, it's that simple.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ford knows it's core buyers have this mindset. That's why their quality control on a $25k car is worse than a $16k Toyota.

They know their buyers don't care and will make excuses so Ford doesn't care, it's that simple.
Mind posting a photo of the GT350? How are the gaps?

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack

Had this exact argument with a guy in the ST forums a year or so ago, he went on and on about wanting a perfect car. The gaps were off, the paint was par, he even griped about when he'd pull all 4 windows to roll up automatically the back wouldn't register one at times and only 3 would go up.. Then he'd have to take the energy to pull that one again.

My argument to him was he didn't buy a BMW or Mercedes or tesla. He bought a Ford focus. End of story.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Had this exact argument with a guy in the ST forums a year or so ago, he went on and on about wanting a perfect car. The gaps were off, the paint was par, he even griped about when he'd pull all 4 windows to roll up automatically the back wouldn't register one at times and only 3 would go up.. Then he'd have to take the energy to pull that one again.

My argument to him was he didn't buy a BMW or Mercedes or tesla. He bought a Ford focus. End of story.
That is what you call a straw-man. It's not a question of perfection. It's 2017. The standard for mass production is pretty high. If you buy a $300 smartphone, or a $500 phone, or a brand new $1000 iPhone, you expect a different feature set, different processors, screens, memory etc. But you expect them all to be assembled correctly, right down to the cheapest one. It's not the expectation of the assembly quality of a Lexus, it's the expectation of the assembly quality of a Toyota Yaris.

In the long run it will make money for Ford to fix it. It will save them warranty work and will make sales otherwise lost. And with that, in the spirit of not totally hijacking this thread I will agree to disagree and drop the subject.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Why not just go buy the under 40k (well 30k~ with 20% off soon!) supercar? Problem solved!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why not just go buy the under 40k (well 30k~ with 20% off soon!) supercar? Problem solved!
(read in a high pitched voice)BINGO!!!!!!!!:first:

Sponsored

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
That is what you call a straw-man. It's not a question of perfection. It's 2017. The standard for mass production is pretty high. If you buy a $300 smartphone, or a $500 phone, or a brand new $1000 iPhone, you expect a different feature set, different processors, screens, memory etc. But you expect them all to be assembled correctly, right down to the cheapest one. It's not the expectation of the assembly quality of a Lexus, it's the expectation of the assembly quality of a Toyota Yaris.

In the long run it will make money for Ford to fix it. It will save them warranty work and will make sales otherwise lost. And with that, in the spirit of not totally hijacking this thread I will agree to disagree and drop the subject.
Wait.. Mine is a strawman? Because I was simply supporting the one post I quoted with a similar scenario. I have no say so in whatever debate you may be involved in.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2018 Ford Mustang GT Revs NEW VIDEO! :ford::first::love:[MENTION][/MENTION]
I love the guy behind the wheel was showing the digital cluster in action. Makes me excited to get my car. Hurry up Ford!!:ford: :D

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"Is that the Shelby right there"? A byestander asks when the Mustang is in track mode.
Can't wait to get my '18. Thank goodness I waited for the new stuff.
Me too!:headbang: I'm so happy with my purchase and I haven't even seen an '18 in person yet! Just with all the goodies you get now makes it so worth it. It looks miles better than the chevy digital cluster. Take note Chevy!!!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice one Stacie, I've no idea what the Chevy cluster looks like, but I'm sure it is gormless in the extreme.
Here is the video I was watching. I haven't seen the '18 Chevy Cluster so no idea if they changed it.

[ame]

I'll let you be the judge of how it looks compared to Ford's.
Sponsored