Sponsored

█ 15-16 Ford Mustang GT350 Style Front Bumper Conversion | Lips | Trunk Spoilers █

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
No it will not work with adaptive cruse control; the radar sensor is behind the plastic part on the lower grill. That part cannot be transferred to the new GT350 style conversion bumper.
I can't believe it won't work.
As long as it's mounted in about the same location, and is not blocked by something metal it should be fine.
It's just a radar sensor.

Mira

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miroslav
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Hello guys,

please has anybody made the front bumper cover to work with PP belly pan?

I was test driving after the installation (done by body shop) yesterday and unfortunatelly the bellypan couldn't take that much airflow and broke loose on the front from side to side - very unpleasant situation considering it was at highway speed. Luckily there was a gas station 100m ahead...

This is how I ended up :tsk:
IMG_20170908_202449.jpg

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hello guys,

please has anybody made the front bumper cover to work with PP belly pan?

I was test driving after the installation (done by body shop) yesterday and unfortunatelly the bellypan couldn't take that much airflow and broke loose on the front from side to side - very unpleasant situation considering it was at highway speed. Luckily there was a gas station 100m ahead...

This is how I ended up :tsk:
My PP belly pan fit fine and just as secure as it was stock...........I going to guess that the body shop made improper install.
gt350-4.jpg
gt350-5.jpg

Mira

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miroslav
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
[MENTION=22422]kingstang[/MENTION] - thanks, that looks really like stock. I wonder if the bumper cover I got from Ikon is actually the same as you have, or if there was any design update like with the front lip (I got mine this March).

The attached photo shows how it was installed by the shop. No surprise that I ran into problems as it doesn't seem to be properly fitted in the front center. I hope there is a way how to make it right.
IMG_0075.jpg

Sponsored

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
@kingstang - thanks, that looks really like stock. I wonder if the bumper cover I got from Ikon is actually the same as you have, or if there was any design update like with the front lip (I got mine this March).

The attached photo shows how it was installed by the shop. No surprise that I ran into problems as it doesn't seem to be properly fitted in the front center. I hope there is a way how to make it right.
I may be that they used a different supplier for yours as it has a textured finish like the GT350m mine does not have that texture.............I know you should reuse the PP inner support off the stock splitter. Looks like yours wasn't used.
bumper belly pan.jpg

Mira

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miroslav
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Thanks for the photo. It is definitely a revised version or different supplier as I have that three piece front lip (attaching img) mentioned also in some posts earlier - which for me really was a disappointment :(.

However I'll try to have a look if it could be fixed the same way.

BTW. It's just a wrap - I was trying to match the GT350 rear valance panel, this was probably the closest match available.
IMG_0077s.jpg

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Was considering this part from the vendor but after seeing the lip is 3 pieces I will look for another brand. Sad to see the cheap poor construction.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
[MENTION=23743]Ikonmotorsports[/MENTION]

It looks like a lot of people are disappointed you guys switched the splitter to the 3 separate sections design. I am just curious, but what are the chances you offer a gt350R version splitter in the future? I am sure there would be a solid market for that. I don't want to risk going through Carbon Dynamics (they seem like the only ones offering an R version)

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How are we liking this product? Any cutting required? Fitment on GTs?

Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Haven't got the splitter on, but here's a pic.
Alignment is pretty good to other pieces, but not perfect.
20180105_155446_resized.jpg
20180106_084232_resized.jpg

tigermat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey everyone,

Not sure if the thread is still alive and well. I just got my GT350 conversion bumper fitted and unfortunately mine came with the 3 piece lip as well. [MENTION=23743]Ikonmotorsports[/MENTION] is there any way to get the 1 piece lip that these originally came with, and if so would there be any fitment issues with the current gen bumper that has the 3 piece?

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Hey everyone,

Not sure if the thread is still alive and well. I just got my GT350 conversion bumper fitted and unfortunately mine came with the 3 piece lip as well. [MENTION=23743]Ikonmotorsports[/MENTION] is there any way to get the 1 piece lip that these originally came with, and if so would there be any fitment issues with the current gen bumper that has the 3 piece?
I think if you want one piece you are gonna have to return Ikon and go with MP Concept's from AM

OP
OP

Ikonmotorsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 GT
[MENTION=23743]Ikonmotorsports[/MENTION]

It looks like a lot of people are disappointed you guys switched the splitter to the 3 separate sections design. I am just curious, but what are the chances you offer a gt350R version splitter in the future? I am sure there would be a solid market for that. I don't want to risk going through Carbon Dynamics (they seem like the only ones offering an R version)
We have actually made the splitter in CF already, no ETA on a Poly version at the moment, which due to a short run and test, has sold out already.

OP
OP

Ikonmotorsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 GT
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately at the moment, we are unable to provide the original 1 piece version, we are looking into it in the future.
Sponsored