Sponsored

Anyone use the Caliperfexion brake bolt kit?

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought (and am gambling on as I have not yet found anyone else using them) a front brake bolt caliper kit from Caliperfexion that I will be putting on the car. I plan on trying to hit several track days a year with this car so this seems like it will save me some headache but I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with them

The cool parts are:
- there is now a stud with an ARP nut and washer instead of the factory bolt so easier to work with/on (9/16" 12 point)
- there are screw on extensions to the stud so you can simply slide the caliper over when changing brakes and don't need to hold or find a way to hang the caliper.

These are their pictures that sold me on giving them a shot.

I purchased the 4130 studs with extensions. High quality hardware, very easy to install and work on. I recommend these to anyone who owns the car.

Hmm I didnt get the screw extensions... I dont see them on the website [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]

I have changed my pads about 6 times with them so far they work as intended
The stud extensions are a nice addition. Since you've changed the brakes already, you know what a PITA it is dealing with the caliper while you're doing this. I think they're $40-45, money well spent.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Haha, so the consensus is that these are well known but not much posted about for noobs to discover, haha.
Good point. There's a sticky on parts, OEM and aftermarket. These bolts aren't on the front page...

Reviews have been excellent for qualty and customer service :D

You should be very happy with them and the extensions (a very cool and utilitarian addition to the product)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You guys just don't know how to get his attention - I'll help.

THE OEM SHIFTER IS NICE!

He will be here shortly

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Be realistic, you won't trip him up with that. That will be deftly moved aside with "the OEM shifter was built to a price point."

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
None yet
So if this is a track car with big brakes and engine/trans/diff coolers and track mode, why did Ford forget to make it easy to change the pads?
Do we need to change pads for the track?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
So if this is a track car with big brakes and engine/trans/diff coolers and track mode, why did Ford forget to make it easy to change the pads?
Do we need to change pads for the track?
You dont have too I run different pads on the track then the street.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You guys are killing me. Each and every one of you.

Feather, I think I can share a response with you that won't put me in the dog house. Ford engineers laid out some specific overall goals with respect to ride, steering, and brake performance. Of importance, minimal deflection at certain junctures and stiffness throughout. The hubs, knuckles, etc. Brake pedal feel, especially during extended track sessions, was a major concern. A few different rotor configurations were tested but Ford was pretty much set on a Brembo caliper.

Previous Mustang Brembo calipers used an open top, such that you could slide to pads up and out of the caliper when replacement was necessary. In the case of the GT350 and with respect to stiffness, a bridge-type caliper was specified. While there are some caliper variants out there with removable bridges suffice it to say that Ford wasn't going to do that for a production Mustang hence the cast-in design. I had this very discussion with the engineer responsible for choosing the SHW rotor, the hub, and caliper, among others. I pointed out that the SS 1LE (etc) had similar brake packages and still used an open caliper and he made it clear that there was a measurable gain in terms of stiffness/performance by adding the bridge.

Ford engineers would have loved to have used a stud/washer/nut but as most are aware of, Ford and other OEM's try to save every penny possible. It is far easier to inventory a single bolt (and less expensive too) than to use studs. It is also easier/faster on the assembly line as well.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I purchased the 4130 studs with extensions. High quality hardware, very easy to install and work on. I recommend these to anyone who owns the car.

The stud extensions are a nice addition. Since you've changed the brakes already, you know what a PITA it is dealing with the caliper while you're doing this. I think they're $40-45, money well spent.
Not bad ill be changing mine again before the track so that would be good to have.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I just find it interesting that they spent $ on the two piece rotor, Al knuckle, coolers, suspension mods for wider wheels, etc, etc then cheaped out on the caliper/mount.
I think I saw where the OEM bolts are not reusable?
Maybe they figured that these would not be tracked much.

So I guess it is consensus that you have to change the pads when tracking?
Probably at the track.

OP
OP

Venandakatra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
I just find it interesting that they spent $ on the two piece rotor, Al knuckle, coolers, suspension mods for wider wheels, etc, etc then cheaped out on the caliper/mount.
I think I saw where the OEM bolts are not reusable?
Maybe they figured that these would not be tracked much.

So I guess it is consensus that you have to change the pads when tracking?
Probably at the track.
You can - it seems like some people choose to and some people don't - you will end up changing them more frequently either way though, obviously.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Haha, so the consensus is that these are well known but not much posted about for noobs to discover, haha.
Another little known fact is that they are even being used on the Ford Performance Racing School cars at the GT350 Track Attack. During my last visit I discussed them and they love the ease of pad changes, along with not having to worry about over torqueing the bolt into the aluminum knuckle. Many more things to learn as you hang around a while
Sponsored