Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Going on now!

If you've been waiting for a sale to kick in on a shiny new BIG MOUTH, now is the time. Applies to all products, dual big mouths, intake only, etc.. all colors!

:headbang:

PROMO CODE "VTLABOR"

Sponsored

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
does the code also offer free shipping?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to threadjack a bit but I have a question. Is there any reason (aside from OCD) where you would need both sides? The only one I can think of is a top mounted twin turbo system but those usually don't take suction from those areas (at least not the kits I have seen). I'm wondering if I missed something important.

Appreciate the help and the sale. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Sorry to threadjack a bit but I have a question. Is there any reason (aside from OCD) where you would need both sides? The only one I can think of is a top mounted twin turbo system but those usually don't take suction from those areas (at least not the kits I have seen). I'm wondering if I missed something important.

Appreciate the help and the sale. :thumbsup:
Hey!

The passenger side big mouth is totally aesthetic and non functional. The driver side one is a low-pressure drop air feed for the airbox. In a nutshell, the stock grille cavity behind the hexes has a square cross section which is detrimental to airflow as this poses a large pressure drop. Keeping the air moving at high speed through the grille all the way to the airbox allows maximum pressure recovery.

The passenger side big mouth, although initially started as a fun aesthetic mod for people with OCD, is now turning into a project for the big turbo ecoboosts who run turbos on the passenger side of the engine bay and want the opposite side big mouth to feed their turbo, this project is still in infancy and is hush hush :)

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Ruby Red color avail?
We don't have it in stock although I could source it if enough people were interested in that color.

best,
D

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey!

The passenger side big mouth is totally aesthetic and non functional. The driver side one is a low-pressure drop air feed for the airbox. In a nutshell, the stock grille cavity behind the hexes has a square cross section which is detrimental to airflow as this poses a large pressure drop. Keeping the air moving at high speed through the grille all the way to the airbox allows maximum pressure recovery.

The passenger side big mouth, although initially started as a fun aesthetic mod for people with OCD, is now turning into a project for the big turbo ecoboosts who run turbos on the passenger side of the engine bay and want the opposite side big mouth to feed their turbo, this project is still in infancy and is hush hush :)
I could see this for the twin turbo guys who are top mounted as well

<cough>[MENTION]Travis@boostworks[/MENTION]

excuse me, must be something in the air. :D

Sponsored

King K. Fool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Do you have any pictures of the "Dark Gray" color Big Mouth installed?

I purchased a set of dual "Yellow" Big Mouths a few months ago and am considering going with something a little more stealthy. Curious how "Dark Gray" would look compared to "Black".

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
I want Ruby Red color too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.