Sponsored

Procharger P1SC-1 Stage 2 Installed on S550 Last Week

brettzo007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boosted 5.0
Hey Guys,

Just installed a P1SC-1 Stage 2 Procharger kit on my 2015 Mustang GT last week. I'm running 52# injectors, Kenny Bell BAP and the stock 475 Pulley. Spark plugs are NGK 6510's gapped at 025. I am generating 8-10lbs of boost in the higher RPM, which is what this kit should be doing, however really concerned with my tune. The car all around feels sluggish, with blips of HP and torque here and there, but generally feels unresponsive, slow and just plain wrong. Throttle response is dead and my old NA full bolt on + a crappy BAMA tune felt more alive. This kit will thrive in the higher RPM band, I get that but I'm definitely feeling robbed of power and quite disappointed right now, though I think I can resolve with some tuning review/suggestions.

I have recently custom tuned with Lund and spent 3 days dialing it in with their tech and sent over 5 logs for review. They have send me the final revision and it feels horrible. It's tuned for 93+ (I always run at least 93/94). The tech told me that based on logs I may have bad gas and to add an octane booster. Did so and not much of a change. Timing feels horrible.

Additional mods:

-Kooks 1 7/8 catted long tubes
-Corsa Catback + x pipe

Anyone have experience with this kit and Lund tune? I am wondering if they accounted for headers properly and maybe knock sensors are triggering less timing? I asked whether they had desensitized KS's for the headers and the response I got was no. I am not a tuner and newer to forced induction and hoping to seek some advice. Any insight is appreciated. In reading and watching every video on the Internet for the Procharger and S550's this kit should be 600-650whp+ all day long. I'd be surprised if I'm anywhere near that.
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Hard to say anything without seeing a log. Got one to share?

OP
OP
brettzo007

brettzo007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boosted 5.0
I do! Here's two of them. Both WOT from 3,000 to 7,500 and then idle for around 45 sec. Both were on the same final tune revision and running 94 octane fuel. The only difference being running in Sport vs. Normal mode on the second log (wot5).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f50a7ko6246zj91/datalog1%20wot%204.csv?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z13akr36w19530u/datalog1 wot 5.csv?dl=0

After sending a final log the tech replied with "we have a bad gas/octane issue and the car is pulling some timing" and then suggested I run an octane booster when racing to see full timing advance...Fishy. The car struggles big time in the low band, and inconsistent in the higher rpms in different gears. First feels like 0 torque, second a bit better, third useless until 6000rpmish and still not impressive. My bolt on NA + tune setup felt more responsive/thrilling than this tune.

To rule everything out, I then added a high quality octane booster and have not seen any noticeable improvement. I will be logging with the booster as well today for record.

Hoping someone that's good with logs can help in telling them what they need to do to clean this tune up. For $650 US, I was hoping they would be able to do that. Will be touching base with them again on Monday.

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Man that sucks big time ... only thing I can suggest is to double check all of your work to ensure you don't have a boost leak somewhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP
brettzo007

brettzo007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boosted 5.0
Man that sucks big time ... only thing I can suggest is to double check all of your work to ensure you don't have a boost leak somewhere.
I'm generating 9-10psi around redline. The issue seems to be with the tune itself, though not sure if maybe boost isn't building properly.

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
Where is the boost signal coming from that's going to the gauge you have?

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Fuel look ok.
I only see knock sensor activity in one of your logs.

The main thing I see in you logs consistently is right around 5300 RPMs your MAF frequency starts to jump up and down alot. This means your actual air flow is increasing and decreasing. This is causing load to do the same and in turn many other things which is not good.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the tune. It doesnt seem like the fuel octane either. I would say you have as MAF sensor problem as airflow increasing and decreasing from an intermittent leak is unlikely.

OP
OP
brettzo007

brettzo007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boosted 5.0
OP
OP
brettzo007

brettzo007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boosted 5.0
Fuel look ok.
I only see knock sensor activity in one of your logs.

The main thing I see in you logs consistently is right around 5300 RPMs your MAF frequency starts to jump up and down alot. This means your actual air flow is increasing and decreasing. This is causing load to do the same and in turn many other things which is not good.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the tune. It doesnt seem like the fuel octane either. I would say you have as MAF sensor problem as airflow increasing and decreasing from an intermittent leak is unlikely.
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely look in to that. Could a defective MAF sensor be a likely culprit in that case ( I suspect that would trigger a code)? Not seated correctly? Or could the actual head unit/intercooler be problematic if not producing consistent flow? What would constitute a MAF sensor problem?

Not sure why the tech wouldn't have pointed that out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
could be belt slip causing the flow problem.

MAF sensors dont always throw codes right away. They have a wide range and the ECU has to see that its way off to throw a code.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It takes 10 octane "points" to raise octane # by 1. You need octanium or torco.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT