Sponsored

Options for 2 piece rotors ? Best price for Baer eradispeed or other ?

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Wanted to post up and ask if there were any other options I may not have heard about. Looking for a 2 piece rotor setup for GT with pp front and rear. Mostly aesthetics and unsprung weight reduction.

Any dealers see this and can get them for a great price or if there are any promotions fee free to post here pm !
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just got girodisc delivered,quality but i paid a kings ransom for them.Your lucky @$1000, as far as i know they dont do rears either.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
I just got girodisc delivered,quality but i paid a kings ransom for them.Your lucky @$1000, as far as i know they dont do rears either.
That's one thing I regret, too.

Am looking for a complete rear kit with parking brake and 14" 2-piece rotors. Or just 14"/355mm 2-piece rotos that could be combined with the Brembo-4-piston calipers, that come stock with the GT350.

Have only found over-expensive Brembo15" kits (that sometime have clearance problems with a lot of 19" wheels) and the wilwood kit #140-13887.
The rotors in this kit have only 0.81" /20.6mm width, that's 4.4mm less than stock, so I still hesitate. (The brembo kit has rotors with 28mm width, that's 3mm more than stock)

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Girodisc or AP Racing is the way to go.

I've gone over this before but Baer and Wilwood are not true two piece discs. They are two pieces solidly bolted together. The steel ring cannot expand independently from the aluminum hat.

If you don't have the cash for a proper floating two piece just buy a nice set of one piece slotted discs.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i know i keep asking this but how noisy are floating two piece rotors for street? i've heard them once on a race car (did not know what brand they were) and they rattled a lot.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Had a look at my girodisc (not fitted yet) could not feel any play between disc & hat.
If they float it must be some kind of spring spacer around cap head bolt fixings.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
avocet just wondering because you live in england, but how much did it cost to ship to you?

i think the 2-piece ones i saw on the race car (sti) were ap racing.

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got them from a supplier in England but obviously they had to ship them in.They cost me ÂŁ1200 delivered(about $1570)
I must admit the engineering on them looks 1st class

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Girodisc or AP Racing is the way to go.

I've gone over this before but Baer and Wilwood are not true two piece discs. They are two pieces solidly bolted together. The steel ring cannot expand independently from the aluminum hat.

If you don't have the cash for a proper floating two piece just buy a nice set of one piece slotted discs.
You're certainly right, but that does not help me as "Girodisc doesn't make rears"

My favourite kit for the rear brakes would be a Girodisc floating two-piece 14" (355x28mm) rotor and an adaptor to mount a hand-brake caliper and the brembo 4-piston caliper that comes stock on GT350. Unfortunately, that kit doesn't exist until now.

I've seen such a kit only from Brembo ( with 15" rotors for around 4.7 grand, which in my eyes is heavily overpriced) and from wilwood for a decent price and an ideal 14" rotor but unfortunately only with a rotor width of 20.6mm which is 4.4mm narrower than stock and 7.4mm narrower than the brembo rotor.

So I'm still searching and asking for some help. :)

The Girodisc 15" (380x34mm) two-piece floating front discs are already on my shopping list. Any recommendations for performance-oriented street use brake pads for the Girodic front rotors ?

Last edited:

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You're certainly right, but that does not help me as "Girodisc doesn't make rears"

My favourite kit for the rear brakes would be a Girodisc floating two-piece 14" (355x28mm) rotor and an adaptor to mount a hand-brake caliper and the brembo 4-piston caliper that comes stock on GT350. Unfortunately, that kit doesn't exist until now.

I've seen such a kit only from Brembo ( with 15" rotors for around 4.7 grand, which in my eyes is heavily overpriced) and from wilwood for a decent price and an ideal 14" rotor but unfortunately only with a rotor width of 20.4mm which is 4.6mm narrower than stock and 7.6mm narrower than the brembo rotor.

So I'm still searching and asking for some help. :)

The Girodisc 15" (380x34mm) two-piece floating front discs are already on my shopping list. Any recommendations for performance-oriented street use brake pads for the Girodic front rotors ?
Just run a nice stoptech or some other brand slotted rotor out back so that it matches. The rear brakes don't do too much of the braking anyway.

Ferodo DS2500 hands down, I've run them on all my cars.

They make pads for the front GT PP, a forum sponsor has them www.gt350brakes.com

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
APRacing Radi-Cal, I personally ran these and loved them. Come with slotted or J hook 2pc rotors.
17436019_10212568410509717_630169012146573667_o.jpg
14457385_1446302798729822_5027801723971912461_n.jpg

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just run a nice stoptech or some other brand slotted rotor out back so that it matches. The rear brakes don't do too much of the braking anyway.

Ferodo DS2500 hands down, I've run them on all my cars.

They make pads for the front GT PP, a forum sponsor has them www.gt350brakes.com

Thank you. Meanwhile, I got a recommendation from my favourite brake part shop and guess what they did recommend for the front brake upgrade ?

Yes Sir, the Girodisc-2piece-380mm-rotors for the front together with Ferodo DS2500 pads and steel-braided brake lines from Spiegler. ;)
So that's the solution for the front.

Concerning the rears, I'm still searching for a 14" true 2-piece-rotor with a minimum of 28mm width and 4-piston-fixed-calipers and an additional parking brake with cable actuation.
Maybe I'll buy the GT350 rear Brembo calipers and some outer friction ring 355x28 or 355x32mm with matching fasteners and mill some aluminum hat and some adapters on my own out of a block of 6061-T6 or 7075-T651.

Brembo has only 15" rotors and an inconvenient price,
the rotors in the Wilwood Kit are just too thin.
Stoptech and Girodisc doesn't make rear kits (what a pity).
So I have to keep on searching. Time will tell.
Sponsored