Ford Performance GT350 Lowering Springs Group Buy

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My fronts are sitting at 27 1/2" and my rears are sitting at 27 3/4" from the ground. I also have the Shelby American camber plates installed. Wish I would of measured the stock height but I did not. I did not get the springs for the drop anyway. I just wanted the stiffer than R spring rates for when I track, now FP needs to go ahead and release the sway bar kit and I'll be set.
Mine is still stock and sits at 27 5/8 front and 28 rear right now. Not sure how long your springs have been installed. They usually settle a bit.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Okay...so I just got back from a weekend at Sonoma Raceway and I'm thinking about selling my FP lowering springs. I haven't even installed them yet but I'm running R-Spec 6GR wheels on OEM R Sport Cup 2s and my stock, track pack front splitter was scraping at turn 3 and on heavy braking at turn 11. I don't think I want my car any lower than it is right now for the tracks. If it was street only, then the FP lowering springs will look better, but I think I might sell my set and order some R springs instead. I didn't think it would scrape at Sonoma but it happened multiple times under heavy braking/turning over the course of the weekend and I don't even have an R splitter.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I starting thinking the same thing after I looked at the picture Don took of you in Turn 6!

picture.jpg

Okay...so I just got back from a weekend at Sonoma Raceway and I'm thinking about selling my FP lowering springs. I haven't even installed them yet but I'm running R-Spec 6GR wheels on OEM R Sport Cup 2s and my stock, track pack front splitter was scraping at turn 3 and on heavy braking at turn 11. I don't think I want my car any lower than it is right now for the tracks. If it was street only, then the FP lowering springs will look better, but I think I might sell my set and order some R springs instead. I didn't think it would scrape at Sonoma but it happened multiple times under heavy braking/turning over the course of the weekend and I don't even have an R splitter.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Wow thats interesting. If that is your home track you probably shouldnt install the FP. Mine doesnt on my local tracks (Or I dont notice)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That is a monumental data point Jessie. Thanks.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Wow that interesting. If that is your home track you probably shouldnt install the FP
Yeah, I'm trying to sort through my GoPro videos from the weekend and I had one mounted to the front bumper so hopefully I caught the scrapes on one of them but my computer sucks so it probably won't be until later this week :D

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Wow that interesting. If that is your home track you probably shouldnt install the FP. Mine doesnt on my local tracks (Or I dont notice)
Yup and our other home track, Laguna Seca, would be even worse.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Dumb question. How much of it was cornering? For regular 350 guys, would an R sway, or even 35mm adjustable help at all keeping the front up by leveling it out?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Dumb question. How much of it was cornering? For regular 350 guys, would an R sway, or even 35mm adjustable help at all keeping the front up by leveling it out?
Turn 3 was a combination of hard brakes and a fairly steep uphill left hand turn. The one that really surprised me was the scraping just before turn 11 since it's hard on the brakes at over 100MPH and no turn. It's a pretty flat section with a slight dip. And it didn't happen every single lap. Only when I was driving pretty damn close to my limit and I'm no professional so someone with much more skill/experience than me could probably get it to scrape pretty consistently. I heard it on both turns probably a total of 6 or 7 times over a 2 day session. That was enough to make me realize I don't want it any lower than it is already.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Guys, Jessie is very modest!! His previous instructor called him "a natural". This was only his second time on track at Sonoma Raceway, which some call the most technical track in the country, and he excelled. He may not have been the fastest out there this weekend, but he can hold his own.

Track record, street cars: (according to the interwebs)
1. ACR 1:40
2. GT3 1:46

Jessie did it in 1:57!!! I find that very impressive! Heck, I was joking with him that he beat my Xbox time in the GT350R!!! ;)

By the way... I think my best this weekend at the Shelby Mini-Nats was 3:40. Yeah, I suck!! :doh: ;)

HOWEVER...
I am wondering if the extra stiffness of these new springs will help the front end from dipping and scrapping???? Does anyone have thoughts on this???

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Icormba....that's a great question. I believe the R springs do indeed have the potential to reduce scraping. Terry at Vorshlag plotted a curve for both stock and R springs, IIRC. Somebody here has no doubt posted it. It shows how the R springs firm up quicker than the non-R units.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Icormba....that's a great question. I believe the R springs do indeed have the potential to reduce scraping. Terry at Vorshlag plotted a curve for both stock and R springs, IIRC. Somebody here has no doubt posted it. It shows how the R springs firm up quicker than the non-R units.
From the Supplement, the R springs are ~24% stiffer up front, and both appear to be linear in design. Thus, I would expect ~24% less displacement (compression) when exposed to the same weight increase over the front axle, due to weight transfer. Am I missing something? Not sure if the R springs change the static ride height though (probably not as the R already potentially sits lower due to the smaller tire diameter).
springrate.JPG

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I have an extra set of these springs sitting in the box unopened. I'll match the GB price of $225+shipping. Just PM me if you want them.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I am having my springs put on in 2 days by a local speed shop. What alignment specs are you guys using after the drop ? I am just going to be street at this point no track. Just keep it to the OEM street alignment ?

Not installing Caster camber plated at this point. Having 3 daughters does not leave much time (or money) for the track.

If anything I would bias an alignment more towards handling rather than tire wear.

Any guidance appreciated.