Front LCA bearings questions

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think Kelly said that one of the arms is the same as the non-PP but the other arm has a bearing on one connection point with the PP. So my thinking is the Steeda bearing will go on the other connection point of that arm. Correct?
The PP arm with the bearing is the lower (rear-most arm). Just buy that one.

The upper (front-most arm) is the one that is big bushings on all cars. This is what Cortex, J&M, Steeda all have bearings out for. Buy some, take them and bearings to a shop to do the swap, then put those new arms on your car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The PP arm with the bearing is the lower (rear-most arm). Just buy that one.

The upper (front-most arm) is the one that is big bushings on all cars. This is what Cortex, J&M, Steeda all have bearings out for. Buy some, take them and bearings to a shop to do the swap, then put those new arms on your car.
Ohhh. That makes sense to me again.

Any reason why Steeda or Cortex or J&M doesn't make a bearing for both connection points on the front-most arm? Why just one side? I guess that's what tripping me.

There must be science behind this as to why only one side is needed.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ohhh. That makes sense to me again.

Any reason why Steeda or Cortex or J&M doesn't make a bearing for both connection points on the front-most arm? Why just one side? I guess that's what tripping me.

There must be science behind this as to why only one side is needed.
The outer point doesn't have any rubber in it to replace really. It's a captured stud with a ball on the end. The outers are both like that.

393804?$enlarged810x608$.jpg

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The outer point doesn't have any rubber in it to replace really. It's a captured stud with a ball on the end. The outers are both like that.

393804?$enlarged810x608$.jpg
Oh. Now I feel stupid. That helps. Thank man.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So decided not to go with OP yet since they use the J&M bearings. I would also prefer Steeda or BMR bears at the moment. Will wait it out again or talk to Steeda later about having them pressed into a PP arm.
:shrug: Could I ask why?

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I can understand why other suppliers do not offer a bolt in solution. We currently have about $10K worth of Ford parts on B/O dating back to June. Ford is back logged on very basic parts (like bolts) for months.

We use the [MENTION=12802]Hotpart.com[/MENTION] J&M bearing due to the quality of the assembly. They use a higher load capacity bearing (Sourced from one of the largest US Manufacturers) at a price point that allows us to pre-assemble them as a plug-n-play product.

We designed special tooling to assemble these due to the high press fit of the OEM bushing.
20431510_10209876590012052_4996812722650449292_n.jpg
20476066_10209876556411212_3638830740824696819_n.jpg
Non PP Arm Set of 4.jpg
Non PP Arm Set.jpg
PP Arm Set of 4.jpg
PP Front Arm Set.jpg

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
:shrug: Could I ask why?
Nothing against OP or you tommy. I ordered from you in the past and have nothing but great experiences. What you offer is great and you even include new bolts and nuts for the install :hail:. I want to stick with Steeda or BMR brands since I been mixing those two together on my build. If you can do Steeda or BMR bearings in place of the J&M ones, then I will definitely buy it :D. I know you carry a lot of BMR products, but I don't see BMR releasing the bearings yet, but am willing to wait until they do release them and you offering to have them pressed in too :cheers:. I am in no rush at the moment lol.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I can understand why other suppliers do not offer a bolt in solution. We currently have about $10K worth of Ford parts on B/O dating back to June. Ford is back logged on very basic parts (like bolts) for months.

We use the [MENTION=12802]Hotpart.com[/MENTION] J&M bearing due to the quality of the assembly. They use a higher load capacity bearing (Sourced from one of the largest US Manufacturers) at a price point that allows us to pre-assemble them as a plug-n-play product.

We designed special tooling to assemble these due to the high press fit of the OEM bushing.
Hmmm, just read this and am giving it a second thought. I think I am going to debate in this for a little bit.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Nothing against OP or you tommy. I ordered from you in the past and have nothing but great experiences. What you offer is great and you even include new bolts and nuts for the install :hail:. I want to stick with Steeda or BMR brands since I been mixing those two together on my build. If you can do Steeda or BMR bearings in place of the J&M ones, then I will definitely buy it :D. I know you carry a lot of BMR products, but I don't see BMR releasing the bearings yet, but am willing to wait until they do release them and you offering to have them pressed in too :cheers:. I am in no rush at the moment lol.
I'm a HUGE BMR fan. I've spoken with Kelly quite a bit about an issue I've had with a specific bushing on one of their parts.

BMR does not make bushings, they source them from another manufacturer. I'm willing to bet Steeda does the same. BMR makes the rest of the parts and machines the spacers, the quality of their bushings all comes from their vendor selection.

The J&M uses a high quality bushing, so the only thing left to question is the quality of the spacers they machined, which are not a super complicated part.

BMR has lots of parts they have designed and tested but not released because of the profit margins needed, they are a business not a parts charity.

I would imagine that this would be a low margin part due to the expense of the bushing. On top of that with the difficulty of getting it pressed in it and the limited market of people who like to turn corners it would be a low volume part as well. Their rear LCA bushing sells because drag and road racers both need that upgrade.

I'm not going to be ready to tear the car down for upgrades until spring but I'm tempted to order these from OP now so I'll have them in hand w/o lead time when I'm ready.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Seriously you guys are so brand conscious that you are worried about the brand of bearing? Do you really think that BMR or Steeda make ball bearings from scratch?

Get a grip.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Seriously you guys are so brand conscious that you are worried about the brand of bearing? Do you really think that BMR or Steeda make ball bearings from scratch?

Get a grip.
Steeda and BMR make their ball bearings from the blood of unicorns.

#altfact
Q1:

I get it, but I am here to support a brand. If I didn't care, then a cheap bearing will do, but that's not the point. If they are going to make a profit from sourcing their bearings somewhere else and slapping their name on it, then at least the profit is potentially going to fund future project or something better. The same could be said about aftermarket wheels. MRR makes the M600, SVE calls it the GT7, and P51 calls it the 101RF (correct me if I am wrong about the labeling), which all looks same. Yet, consumers still choose one brand over the other and others will continue to say "who cares, they are all the same wheels". I guess, it all comes down to who you support at the end of the day, even if it's just a bearing from the same source lol.

Q2:

No, but I too believe that they use unicorns.
Sponsored