Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Has this combo been discussed yet?
GT350 fronts @194#
BMR SP088 rears @800#

800*0.23 = 184# (95% of the front rate)

Could be a little more forgiving as a daily than the R/Handling springs. :shrug:

[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] did you say the R front spring drops around 3/4"?
BMR claims -1/2" in the rear for their drag spring (SP088).
That'd be an awesome combination and I may have gone with it if the 1/8" spring spacers were available at the time. R front springs are a 0.7" front drop.
Sponsored

Reactions: GTP

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So to confirm...
GT350 front spring @194#, -0.3" front drop
SP088 rear spring @184#, -0.5" rear drop + Steeda 1/4" or 1/8" spacer to fine-tune the stance

Which shocks?
Fixed or Adjustable Pro-Action shocks & struts. Adjustable would be nice because you could leave it a little firmer daily, go even firmer for the track, but also back it way down for the long highway trips (and the S.O.). That said, the Fixed ones are set really nicely (biased more towards street than track, but a nice balance) and would pair really well with those springs. Ford Racing track dampers would also be a good option too.

1/4" spacers would basically put the rear right at stock height. The 0.3" front drop with that would look good, as the rear of these cars don't look that high stock, mostly the front.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If the adjustable go softer than non-, then yes that would help reduce the whine from the passenger side of the car. :bolt:
They do. The fixed are set at the equivalent of ~1 turn from full soft.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
So, I went ahead and revised our SP084 front springs (the front springs for the SP083 Handling Kit) and they will now be a 7/8" drop and right at 250lb/in. ;)

Figured you guys would like to know this.

So, the SP083 Handling Kit will soon be 250F/980R with 7/8"F Drop and 1/2"R Drop.

Perfection in my eyes! This is approx 4% stiffer front and 6% stiffer rear - compared to the GT350R springs.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
So, I went ahead and revised our SP084 front springs (the front springs for the SP083 Handling Kit) and they will now be a 7/8" drop and right at 250lb/in. ;)

So, the SP083 Handling Kit will soon be 250F/980R with 7/8"F Drop and 1/2"R Drop.

Perfection in my eyes! This is approx 4% stiffer front and 6% stiffer rear - compared to the GT350R springs.
With which dampers would these work as a system? GT350F/PP rears?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With which dampers would these work as a system? GT350F/PP rears?
GT350 front monotubes would definitely work great, but I'd go for better in the rear, having these springs on the car currently.

Steeda Pro-action
Koni Yellow
Vikings
Bilstein

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
^ Yup

Me personally, I would run them with the Bils.

;)

NLGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Do you have a dealer in Canada stocking this updated version? This seems like what I'd want for mine, to go with Pro Action Fixed shocks/dampers.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a dealer in Canada stocking this updated version? This seems like what I'd want for mine, to go with Pro Action Fixed shocks/dampers.
Last I spoke with Kelly, it would still be several weeks (6+) before the first big order comes in. Looking forward to it myself too!

They will be a pretty good match with the fixed pro actions. You're welcome to message me if you have any questions about the setup :).

NLGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks! I wanted to get these on this summer, but it looks like I'll wait around to get these revised SP083. Might be a better route than the GT350's.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Tweaked my setup some. Went to Koni Yellow rears from my Steeda fixed Pro Actions.

I had felt that the rear of the car wasn't settled as it should've been over bumps while cornering, and after a lot of driving and thinking, I determined that I needed more rebound damping in the rear. I got an awesome deal on a pair of Koni rears with Steeda billet mounts and decided to go for it.

My thoughts:
The added rebound damping did the trick. Going over bumps through corners, the car is much more planted. I am currently set at 1/4 turn from full soft. I've also noticed that the rear of the car is much more responsive during direction changes (expected) and because of the increased low speed stiffness, has the feeling of rotating more easily and naturally without the tire breaking loose. Downsides? Well, I feel bumps through the seat more, but only a small amount more. The overall improvement in body control and composure is well worth it.

Edit: the Steeda dampers actually have about 20% more compression damping than the Koni, but the Koni as set have more rebound, which is where my improvement came from

Last edited:

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Sounds like the typical Koni yellow. Still not enough compression and a ton of rebound (body composure and feeling bumps in the seat as the suspension compresses then locks down and slams you into the seat -which is often mistaken for stiff compression.)

I've never been a huge fan of Koni Yellows.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the typical Koni yellow. Still not enough compression and a ton of rebound (body composure and feeling bumps in the seat as the suspension compresses then locks down and slams you into the seat -which is often mistaken for stiff compression.)

I've never been a huge fan of Koni Yellows.
:
Sponsored

Last edited: