Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Imbedded somewhere in the previous 319 pages (I'll see if I can find it)
Sponsored

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I like that carbon fiber dash panel, once it's out I'll probably pick one up for my car.

stangjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
In américa is the active exhaust will be an option for the gt or it will be standard

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Everything you need to know about the new mustang! Except price, power, mpg, ...

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
In américa is the active exhaust will be an option for the gt or it will be standard
It will be an option. Most people will still want to go aftermarket.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Got more exiting news about the EU model!

• The EU GT will get 15-25 HP more (remember EU has 421HP)
  • EU EB will have less HP! But instead something from the Formula 1 will be implemented in the EB, can't tell you more about that
  • The performance rear spoiler will be an option on EU models
  • No information about Magnetic Ride atm

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yes, I meant HP. :D

Here are some screencaps from the NCAP crash test video
ncap.jpg

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
It will be an option. Most people will still want to go aftermarket.
Why do you say that?

Do most Camaro and Corvette owners go aftermarket or do they like to have a choice between loud and quiet at the flip of a switch?

I plan on ordering it. I want to be able to enjoy quiet on trips and a bit louder when Hooning.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Why do you say that?

Do most Camaro and Corvette owners go aftermarket or do they like to have a choice between loud and quiet at the flip of a switch?

I plan on ordering it. I want to be able to enjoy quiet on trips and a bit louder when Hooning.
Few reasons.

One, weight. Stock systems are heavy, active exhaust or not. Some aftermarket systems may only shed a few lbs, but it's still a plus.

Two, sound. Change the headers and you may hate the sound the active exhaust gives you where you can change that with aftermarket.

Three, flow. Stock systems are still fairly restrictive because of emissions.

The active exhaust is not that loud by any means. My Corsa Sport is barely audible inside, but I can really hear it when I gas it. I also plan to do headers. I just think the money is better spent on a good aftermarket system than a switch. Personally, I don't think the active exhaust sounds that good, but that's why we all have opinions and why it's an option to check or not check when you get your 2018.

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Probably best to hear one in person instead of a crappy phone video.
I'll still order it, if it sucks, I'll replace it.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Few reasons.

One, weight. Stock systems are heavy, active exhaust or not. Some aftermarket systems may only shed a few lbs, but it's still a plus.

Two, sound. Change the headers and you may hate the sound the active exhaust gives you where you can change that with aftermarket.

Three, flow. Stock systems are still fairly restrictive because of emissions.

The active exhaust is not that loud by any means. My Corsa Sport is barely audible inside, but I can really hear it when I gas it. I also plan to do headers. I just think the money is better spent on a good aftermarket system than a switch. Personally, I don't think the active exhaust sounds that good, but that's why we all have opinions and why it's an option to check or not check when you get your 2018.
I plan on going active exhaust with long tube headers + x pipe. My office shares a parking garage with a Memorial Hermann cancer center and I'm sure the garage packed full of patients daily would appreciate the muffled sound.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I'm really liking the new Carbon Sport option 68C especially the new leather & alcantara seats !!

However, does anyone think the carbon fiber (faux or real) trim looks tacky?? Maybe I just need to see it in person.
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 9.30.38 AM.png

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I'm really liking the new Carbon Sport option 68C especially the new leather & alcantara seats !!

However, does anyone think the carbon fiber (faux or real) trim looks tacky?? Maybe I just need to see it in person.
IMO putting any carbon fiber on the interior looks tacky. It doesn't make the interior look anymore luxurious nor does it ever really aesthetically mesh well with other colors etc.
Sponsored