Sponsored

2017 Shelby Super Snake Wide Body Concept Unveiled

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
This Super Snake has the creases in the right places and the design has a clean flow to it. Nothing looks out of place. I can hardly stop looking at the images posted here. I would not be surprised to see this Super Snake featured on the cover of most car mags.
Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Car looks awesome! Not a fan of the rims.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Because real road racers use slicks or at least the semi slick R compounds, which are not availible in 20" sizes.

Note that the factory GT4 race car, runs 18" wheels.
F1 - 13" wheels
NASCAR - 15" wheels
yup, my next car will have 13" wheel for sure:frusty::frusty::frusty:

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
Just found a video of the car youtube.

[ame]

Like the video, although don't understand who this car is marketed towards......Track or Straight line. I think they are trying a little too hard in covering all the buyer types by mixing elements of both. Manual and Auto, Wide tires in back skinny up front (I presume for Straight Line) and yet Sport Cups (vs. Drag Radials), Roll cage and Regular seatbelts, and so on.

If your going the make the next big thing, fully commit. Go all in. Choose one or the other.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know they're trying to come out with some more innovative and exciting cars down the line and I've worked on a handful of future projects with them already, so hopefully those go over well too. :cheers:
Some of that based on the '18MY Mustangs, I hope :thumbsup:

You're right though, on the whole, the member of M6G are VERY vocal in their displeasure at most of Shelby American's offerings........so I'm really glad to see the vote as swung the other way with this wide body. I think this is likely as it's almost unique in the market place at the moment in having a beautifully integrated wide body, as opposed to the "riveted-on" looks that seems to be the way most wide-body S550s have been executed. To a degree, these gorgeous wide fenders remind me a little of the Fisker Rocket....although, again, that car was almost universally disliked here, although much of that was to do with the wide mouth grille.

I'm sure SA's loyal customers will be wanting these.....so hopefully it won't remain a concept for too long :)

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
All I know is: Shelby needs to release this as a body kit so they can take my money!!!!!!!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
R/T mustang

I have a friend who has a 2009 GT 500 and he is very interested in the car & truck. I have always run 18" wheels and will stay with them as I proceed with 18x10" to use 285's squared. I like the strip & street concept as I DD my GT. Here's my buddies GT 500.
tn_DSCN1222.JPG

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
overall I like it except the grill area looks like it needs something else. Starting to look like a 911 with the wide fenders.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
The S550 seems to suit the wide body conversion better than previous gens did. I suppose it has to do with the already present coke bottle shape. Still, I prefer the stock body with just really big meats underneath.

The Shelby truck looks like many of Shelby's creations... Way too much stuck on body crap.

But each to their own.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That is pure bad ass!!

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Damn this car looks good wonder how what size of the back tires are i'll take mine in all black