Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
You have to figure if they are pushing for 700 plus HP they will have to incorporate some fuel saving tricks. Even though in the end they don't add up to much! I mean look at the Ford GT. Light ass hell and a V6 and it still doesn't get great MPG.!
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
You have to figure if they are pushing for 700 plus HP they will have to incorporate some fuel saving tricks. Even though in the end they don't add up to much! I mean look at the Ford GT. Light ass hell and a V6 and it still doesn't get great MPG.!
Blows my mind a V10 Viper get's better MPG than the FGT

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Yep!! Makes you wonder what's the point!! A lot of it is Government CAFE standard BS!

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Not sure they were as concerned about gas mileage on that car as they will be a high volume car. Also, its running two good size turbos all the time, and people will use that power. Do people really believe that they'll get good gas mileage when they are in the boost all the time?

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I think that they have to make it appear that they care about MPG. That's my point. I don't really think anyone buying a supercar gives a shit about MPG. Car companies are made to spend millions of dollars to make an effort to bring down MPG whether it really does or not!! It's just funny that a super light, all carbon, high tech twin turbo still gets in the teens MPG!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Blows my mind a V10 Viper get's better MPG than the FGT
But how much more does the viper motor weigh than the v6. Probably a lot more. If ford wanted a gas sipping v10 they could build it. Hell my 2014 gt500 with 760 HP was getting 24 mpg. Better than a v10 viper and with much more HP

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
For the record, I could care less what MPG the new Halo/GT500 gets!!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Me either...but the Fed does...and so ford will have to keep them happy.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
That's the game isn't it!! If Dodge can pull off the Demon we should be in fine shape!!

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'87 Mustang (Sold); '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '19 Ranger
All of this talk of the next GT500 being high-hp but still needing to meet CAFE standards in some ways made me thing of something... What if Ford uses the next GT500 to preview its hybrid technology that we know is coming in a standard model for the next generation.

Having a halo car showcase the technology beforehand and what is possible with it would be very smart and you could kill two birds with one stone: power and economy.

I know that Ford has mentioned how they have learned a lot about carbon fiber in a production car with the new Ford GT and how that will trickle down, so maybe the next GT500 will have a hybrid drive-train. Even if it is something simple such as contained in the transmission (a specially equipped 10 speed auto) or something else.

Just a thought.

Sponsored

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
All of this talk of the next GT500 being high-hp but still needing to meet CAFE standards in some ways made me thing of something... What if Ford uses the next GT500 to preview its hybrid technology that we know is coming in a standard model for the next generation.

Having a halo car showcase the technology beforehand and what is possible with it would be very smart and you could kill two birds with one stone: power and economy.

I know that Ford has mentioned how they have learned a lot about carbon fiber in a production car with the new Ford GT and how that will trickle down, so maybe the next GT500 will have a hybrid drive-train. Even if it is something simple such as contained in the transmission (a specially equipped 10 speed auto) or something else.

Just a thought.
I don't think the lightweight materials and other cutting edge tech will make it into the S550 platform. I think we'll have to wait for the S650.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hope it doesn't even come in 4 years with hybrid tech. Give me a couple more gas guzzlers and then throw me the new tech. This way I can have the cars I really want for long term keepers and then sit back and enjoy. Not saying I won't try the hybrid but I'm almost certain it won't be my keeper car.

You could be right, but I don't think they do that until after the s650 chassis is here. It will be developed especially for the hybrid.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This dude is even more stoked than i am. Obviously this isnt probable but it would be awesome if ford threw down the gauntlet.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
This dude is even more stoked than i am. Obviously this isnt probable but it would be awesome if ford threw down the gauntlet.
That article is too far fetched. The truth is somewhere in the middle of a gt350 and that.

Titanium roof, possibly. Carbon cradle, carbon rad support, wheels, spoiler.

It won't be 3500 lbs that's lunacy. I wish though.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah...me too. Thinking 3900ish in the R trim and 755 like the teaser. Most likely supercharged.
Sponsored