Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
Ok, here is my experience.

Background. 2016 GT, No Nav, updated to the 2.2 leaked version back in January. I had no issues with that update and all worked fine.

1. Downloaded the "official" version from the link on the first post of this thread. Used the "Non-Nav" version
2. Unzipped file to a 32gb 3.0 Thumb drive
3. Turned car on, started the engine
4. Plugged USB into the port in the console, no other USB's plugged in.
5. Car immediately found and started to update.
6. Update finished, said it had updated successfully, no issues or warnings
7. Removed USB drive
8. Restarted car, info screen now has me at build 17011
9. All functions working but have NO GRACENOTES and there is no version number next to Gracenotes on the info screen.

So I am curious to see what happens now. I guess I need to figure out how to get my Gracenote back.
Sponsored

EpicBlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT prem
I've tried looking through here, but I haven't found a straight answer:

Has anyone received the OTA for v2.2 HN1T-14G381-SA (Build 17011_PRODUCT) on a Non-Nav that had been manually updated to v2.2 HN1T-14G381-LG (Build 16280_PRODUCT) when that update was leaked/released to Lincoln?

Will the HN1T-14G381-SA USB download update work on a HN1T-14G381-LG car? Don't want to brick it!
My car got OTA twice, but both times it froze up.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
mine is the same 1.1.806 version

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried looking through here, but I haven't found a straight answer:

Has anyone received the OTA for v2.2 HN1T-14G381-SA (Build 17011_PRODUCT) on a Non-Nav that had been manually updated to v2.2 HN1T-14G381-LG (Build 16280_PRODUCT) when that update was leaked/released to Lincoln?

Will the HN1T-14G381-SA USB download update work on a HN1T-14G381-LG car? Don't want to brick it!
the best way is to use the vin number and go to owner.ford.com and downloading the file through there

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
My version 2.0 is not getting OTA updates. Website says it's up-to-date.

Sponsored

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
So far so good for me. I previously installed the leaked 2.2, manually updated to the official via USB. Not sure if I had album artwork before or not.... Would be nice to have it.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
The sync chat people say to use a 32gb USB formatted to exFAT, not FAT32 like the instructions say. They said it is a mistake on the website. I tried a 16gb drive and it just says updating software forever...

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The sync chat people say to use a 32gb USB formatted to exFAT, not FAT32 like the instructions say. They said it is a mistake on the website. I tried a 16gb drive and it just says updating software forever...
same here I used a 16GB formatted to FAT32, stuck on updating forever also

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
My 16 gig card had no issues doing the update, took about 30 min but everything seems to be working but I never installed the leak software either.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
my wifi check isnt working, anyone else have it go in a loop with completing the job?

Sponsored

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My 16 gig card had no issues doing the update, took about 30 min but everything seems to be working but I never installed the leak software either.
Same here, never used leaked version and used a small 4GB FAT32 flash drive, seems to have updated fine. Says updated to 2.2, but waiting for module to arrive to test car play.

As a note, the only difference between FAT32 and exFAT is that exFAT is newer and allows larger file limits than 4GB which FAT32 is capped at. However, none of the files after being unzipped are larger than 4GB. :shrug:

I suppose it could be a compatibility issue with the hardware in different cars. Some will accept both, some only exFAT. How long are you guys letting it run?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
FWIW my 8GB PNY drive is formatted FAT32 and works just fine.
[MENTION=23819]RawisTheGameHhH[/MENTION]
I have been giving it some thought and the bash script that removes the old gracenotes reads:

rm /fs/images/gracenotes.img

but the v2.2 .img file is named gracenotes_new.img

could it be as simple as changing that line in the script?

Unfortunately we aren't getting many answers. I'm still trying to find:

-anyone that did the non-nav version of the Lincoln update (all Lincolns have nav) that still has a gracenotes version listed after the 17011 update.
-anyone with nav that is missing the gracenotes version.
-anyone non-nav who did not update early and is missing the gracenotes version.

I'm about to see if I can create an "update" file that will read the file structure from the APIM and record it in a .txt file so I can see what we're looking at. I'm thinking there is a bash error during the update that just gets skipped over and no feedback is provided. An update log output file would be handy.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, never used leaked version and used a small 4GB FAT32 flash drive, seems to have updated fine. Says updated to 2.2, but waiting for module to arrive to test car play.

As a note, the only difference between FAT32 and exFAT is that exFAT is newer and allows larger file limits than 4GB which FAT32 is capped at. However, none of the files after being unzipped are larger than 4GB. :shrug:

I suppose it could be a compatibility issue with the hardware in different cars. Some will accept both, some only exFAT. How long are you guys letting it run?
I also used a 4g fat32 usb. The instructions on the ford owners site specifically says fat32. :shrug:

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I also used a 4g fat32 usb. The instructions on the ford owners site specifically says fat32. :shrug:
It seems to me that only the people that installed the leaked version are having issues. Is anyone having issues that never attempted to install the leak?

I wonder if you can find the original Sync version that came with car and flash it to that first, then try official ford release...

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
FWIW my 8GB PNY drive is formatted FAT32 and works just fine.
@RawisTheGameHhH
I have been giving it some thought and the bash script that removes the old gracenotes reads:

rm /fs/images/gracenotes.img

but the v2.2 .img file is named gracenotes_new.img

could it be as simple as changing that line in the script?

Unfortunately we aren't getting many answers. I'm still trying to find:

-anyone that did the non-nav version of the Lincoln update (all Lincolns have nav) that still has a gracenotes version listed after the 17011 update.
-anyone with nav that is missing the gracenotes version.
-anyone non-nav who did not update early and is missing the gracenotes version.

I'm about to see if I can create an "update" file that will read the file structure from the APIM and record it in a .txt file so I can see what we're looking at. I'm thinking there is a bash error during the update that just gets skipped over and no feedback is provided. An update log output file would be handy.
Cool! Keep us informed on your progress.
Sponsored