Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If you have NAV the files are gonna be huge.

I just went on Ford website and mine says Sync3 is up-to-date. I have the 2017 2.0 version.
Sponsored

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you have NAV the files are gonna be huge.

I just went on Ford website and mine says Sync3 is up-to-date. I have the 2017 2.0 version.
I took the official Ford Nav version and unpacked ALL zip files. Total amount of data = 2.57GB

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
what are you talking about dude? I said AA uses BOTH I never said it was bluetooth alone
He was clarifying for you, not arguing with you. Your words were it USES both which is different than it REQUIRES both. He was making it clear that it always required a cabled connection.

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
I ordered a 2017 Mustang GT base model with the small 4 inch screen, will this support android auto too?

Sponsored

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
I'm having the exact same issue with my 2016 Non Nav. I was using an 8gb flash drive, so I was hoping that was the issue. I was going to pick up a larger USB drive tomorrow to see if that worked.
Same problem here - can't get it to take it. And after the car "learns" the USB instead of trying to update again it just says Bad Installation File, I can't try to update it another time. I'd love to know if anyone finds a solution!
try exfat format
I started trying yesterday with the version in the first post (I hadn't noticed it was official yet) I let it run for over 30 minutes before killing it. Next time I turned the car on and put the stick in, it said "Installation failed." It said it either ran out of space or it was an incompatible version. At that point I started searching and realized the official was out, so I put that on a memory stick and tried that. Again, gave it 35 minutes while I was driving to work this morning and it failed yet again. What am I doing wrong?

2016 GT 6MT Convertible with performance package.
For those that are failing, make sure both USB ports are empty before you start.

Also, what program did you use to extract the .zip archive?
When I went to the Ford Owner website for the update, it said "Please note that you will need a USB drive with at least 32GB of space in order to proceed with the update" Is that not the case? I have Nav if that matters.

I also ordered the USB hub from White Bear Nation. I'll do the update and install the hub when I get back into town the end of next week.

I hope all goes well.
So far I have tried these in quick format:
08bg fat32 - ?
16gb fat32 - Installs for about 10 minutes, reboots says out of room/failed.
16gb exfat - Installs for about 5 minutes, reboots says out of room/failed.
32gb fat32 - Installs for about 5 minutes, reboots says out of room/failed.
32gb exfat - Starts by saying bad install file, won't even begin.

Going to try RAW format see if that works. The master reset helps get the install going again.

fsuguy92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost - Competition Orange
So far I have tried these in quick format:
08bg fat32 - ?
16gb fat32 - Installs for about 10 minutes, reboots says out of room/failed.
16gb exfat - Installs for about 5 minutes, reboots says out of room/failed.
32gb fat32 - Installs for about 5 minutes, reboots says out of room/failed.
32gb exfat - Starts by saying bad install file, won't even begin.

Going to try RAW format see if that works. The master reset helps get the install going again.
I feel your pain... going through the exact same thing. Car is going to the dealer tomorrow but they seem to be pretty unaware of this stuff...

ahs1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I feel your pain... going through the exact same thing. Car is going to the dealer tomorrow but they seem to be pretty unaware of this stuff...
I was at the dealer just now to pick up the new USB hub and I asked if they were able to install the update there. He called the "radio guy" and he said something about Ford not having a way to charge for the update. So I just said "ok, thanks" and left. It's a free update on their website. Lol.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I was at the dealer just now to pick up the new USB hub and I asked if they were able to install the update there. He called the "radio guy" and he said something about Ford not having a way to charge for the update. So I just said "ok, thanks" and left. It's a free update on their website. Lol.
It's free to you, but dealerships back charge to Ford Corporate for any warranty/updates they have to perform.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Yes I did
USB wouldn't work for me.
how can we force the OTA?

if it is just a soft reset how long did you have to wait and leave the car on for?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
how can we force the OTA?

if it is just a soft reset how long did you have to wait and leave the car on for?
i dont believe you can from 1.0 but you can from the leaked 2.2

ahs1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This might be a stupid question, but does the USB hub need to be replaced before installing the update via USB?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
This might be a stupid question, but does the USB hub need to be replaced before installing the update via USB?
not at all, you can update before replacing the hub

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
i dont believe you can from 1.0 but you can from the leaked 2.2
thanks. attempting the usb update method now, but the Shut off...lol. cars are hard. turned back on says still updating.
Sponsored