Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

ahs1230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
picture.jpg

Is there anyone that has had this error come up? What did you do to overcome this? I tried the official update, 16GB 2.0 usb and also a 32GB 3.0 usb. Doesn't seem to be the USB. I noticed voice functions are not working now and gracenote not working. 2016 Sync 3 Non Nav. File is 2.15gb
I'm having the exact same issue with my 2016 Non Nav. I was using an 8gb flash drive, so I was hoping that was the issue. I was going to pick up a larger USB drive tomorrow to see if that worked.
Sponsored

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
I'm having the exact same issue with my 2016 Non Nav. I was using an 8gb flash drive, so I was hoping that was the issue. I was going to pick up a larger USB drive tomorrow to see if that worked.

[MENTION=12762]ahs1230[/MENTION] I used a 16gb 2.0 Lexar, then went to a 32gb 3.0 Sandisk...I don't think it's going to help, I got the same error using both. There is something else going on. I did a master reset and that didn't help. I am going to try disconnecting the battery and master reset together.

fsuguy92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost - Competition Orange
[MENTION=12762]ahs1230[/MENTION] I used a 16gb 2.0 Lexar, then went to a 32gb 3.0 Sandisk...I don't think it's going to help, I got the same error using both. There is something else going on. I did a master reset and that didn't help. I am going to try disconnecting the battery and master reset together.
Same problem here - can't get it to take it. And after the car "learns" the USB instead of trying to update again it just says Bad Installation File, I can't try to update it another time. I'd love to know if anyone finds a solution!

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
trying to setup android auto for first time, I get this error on the car display: "sync unable to initialize android auto, please check device settings". Anyone seen this?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
trying to setup android auto for first time, I get this error on the car display: "sync unable to initialize android auto, please check device settings". Anyone seen this?
I was getting that with a crappy USB cable. Switching out the cable for a better one fixed that issue for me.

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
i did with 8 gb.. do ensure ur USB is formatted in fats32

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was getting that with a crappy USB cable. Switching out the cable for a better one fixed that issue for me.
Thanks.

I am using the original cable that came with the phone (Galaxy S7). I can even connect it with my laptop to transfer data. Not sure what better cable can I get?

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
picture.jpg

Is there anyone that has had this error come up? What did you do to overcome this? I tried the official update, 16GB 2.0 usb and also a 32GB 3.0 usb. Doesn't seem to be the USB. I noticed voice functions are not working now and gracenote not working. 2016 Sync 3 Non Nav. File is 2.15gb

Used Fat32... still a no go...

Sponsored

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
have to be connected by cable to make AA work, BT alone doesnt help
Always or just first time? I thought working over bluetooth was advantage of AA over Carplay

Doggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Lincoln MKS
I started trying yesterday with the version in the first post (I hadn't noticed it was official yet) I let it run for over 30 minutes before killing it. Next time I turned the car on and put the stick in, it said "Installation failed." It said it either ran out of space or it was an incompatible version. At that point I started searching and realized the official was out, so I put that on a memory stick and tried that. Again, gave it 35 minutes while I was driving to work this morning and it failed yet again. What am I doing wrong?

2016 GT 6MT Convertible with performance package.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
have to be connected by cable to make AA work, BT alone doesnt help
what are you talking about dude? I said AA uses BOTH I never said it was bluetooth alone

daustin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The update is 2 gig, might not be enough onboard memory for over air. Make sure your usb drive is smaller than 16gb, I've run into a lot of devices that won't update off anything larger. Some won't read anything over 8 gig. I used an 8 gig drive myself.
When I went to the Ford Owner website for the update, it said "Please note that you will need a USB drive with at least 32GB of space in order to proceed with the update" Is that not the case? I have Nav if that matters.

I also ordered the USB hub from White Bear Nation. I'll do the update and install the hub when I get back into town the end of next week.

I hope all goes well.
Sponsored