Here I was shopping for catch cans and I read "Not CARB legal"

Why California, why?
Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I have the UPR that isn't mounted. It is held up by the hose in front of the head, behind the reservoir.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here I was shopping for catch cans and I read "Not CARB legal"

Why California, why?
LOL! No doubt, our systems will be CARB legal very soon. Our CARB application for entire lineup of separators is already in motion with the CARB board.

Last edited:

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
LOL! No doubt, our systems will be CARB legal very soon. Our CARB application for entirely lineup of separators is already in motion with the CARB board.
Great to hear! Guess I know who i'm going with. :headbang:

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Yeah, I have to go with a different catch can. My Mishimoto is such a pain in the ass to take out. I gotta take pictures and post them. It's a neat install, but ridiculous in terms of getting out to clean.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I might be selling my UPR remote mount if anyone is interested.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
For those that have the JLT cans...have you found any oil in the "out" tube after passing through the can?

Also, any signs of wear due to movement since it's not mounted in place?

Thanks

-Emt1581

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
FRPP

FRPP w/FRPP2
frpp.gif

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm looking at getting a catch can myself. The UPR 5030-98-1 is most likely the one I'll go with after reading through a lot of different threads. Can seems to have a great design.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I went with the Ford Performance one. I liked the OEM look of it.

Sponsored

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bob's Ultimate

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I've been using UPR's Plug N Play catch can and have been very impressed with it so far. More than one person has commented on the quality of the hoses alone. I've done some hard corner carving driving out on our local desert roads plus a road course with many more to come. It does a great job of catching the oil.

I've found when talking with people in the industry that the further away from the engine you can get the can, the more effective they are. I like the fact that this one is mounted forward of the engine. It's very easy to remove as well. Just unclip the two hoses, loosen the thumb screw, and then pull the can out to drain.
Engine compartment 002.JPG
Engine compartment 004.JPG

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've been using UPR's Plug N Play catch can and have been very impressed with it so far. More than one person has commented on the quality of the hoses alone. I've done some hard corner carving driving out on our local desert roads plus a road course with many more to come. It does a great job of catching the oil.

I've found when talking with people in the industry that the further away from the engine you can get the can, the more effective they are. I like the fact that this one is mounted forward of the engine. It's very easy to remove as well. Just unclip the two hoses, loosen the thumb screw, and then pull the can out to drain.
Thanks for sharing. Now the UPR has not received a ton of praise that I've seen thus far in the thread. I saw a few that actually switched from UPR to something else but can't say I say switching to the UPR from something else.

As for being farther from the engine being optimal, I'd like to know the science behind that. Reason being that I'm shopping for a JLT which is the closest I've seen to the engine. Only thing I don't like about the JLT is that it is NOT mounted in place and I'd be worried about hitting a bump and screwing up the connection, but I'm guessing the same level of bump would probably blow my shocks/suspension as well so it might be moot.

Thoughts?

Thanks

-Emt1581

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Thanks for sharing. Now the UPR has not received a ton of praise that I've seen thus far in the thread. I saw a few that actually switched from UPR to something else but can't say I say switching to the UPR from something else.

As for being farther from the engine being optimal, I'd like to know the science behind that. Reason being that I'm shopping for a JLT which is the closest I've seen to the engine. Only thing I don't like about the JLT is that it is NOT mounted in place and I'd be worried about hitting a bump and screwing up the connection, but I'm guessing the same level of bump would probably blow my shocks/suspension as well so it might be moot.

Thoughts?

Thanks

-Emt1581
When the can is mounted further away from the engine it allows the vapors to cool more as they travel to the can. This allows for better separation of the oil vapors from the air as they are filtered through.