Sponsored

Lund website says custom tunes out of stock?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
HAHAHAHA here come the Livernois fanboys.
Don't mention the lack of datalogging ability and ancient tuning device or they'll berate you with 3rd grade insults for 5 pages to the point that you'll literally lose brain cells attempting to refute nonsense.
At least you get the tune...
Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow up with them, they are very reasonable and if you mention a time crunch they try their best to accommodate.
And trust me, it's WORTH the wait. :) the car pulls like a freight train and feels perfect. Being able to monitor and log the car is very important.
I'm really picky, and do a ton of research before any mod I do, and all I can say is that so far Lund has been a pleasure to deal with.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I'm sure I'll be happy with it. I'm just bummed out man. I ordered it thinking I would have it in time for the mods I already have...and I thought that would give me a few days to have the tune updated for the headers that were supposed to go on tomorrow. But seeing as how I didn't even get the first tune, I had to push the header install back to next weekend. And who knows if I'll even have it by Monday. I just hope I can get it by Monday and then get the revision by Friday.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had you car at the track 4V Mayhem? Last year with headers and stock catback, stock intake manifold, INJEN intake I ran 11.71 at 119 (FF tune from Lund). I currently have GT350 MANI-TB-INTAKE with complete stock exhaust, FF Lund tune and run 12.2 at 115. :frusty:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if the EPA got involved with SCT/Lund etc? I know they have been giving Cobb a hard time over the past year and I heard they recently hit a pretty well known Tuner in the Honda world with a 1 millon dollar fine.....

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
HAHAHAHA here come the Livernois fanboys.
Don't mention the lack of datalogging ability and ancient tuning device or they'll berate you with 3rd grade insults for 5 pages to the point that you'll literally lose brain cells attempting to refute nonsense.
anytime i think of them i think of the tuner they offer :lol:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you had you car at the track 4V Mayhem? Last year with headers and stock catback, stock intake manifold, INJEN intake I ran 11.71 at 119 (FF tune from Lund). I currently have GT350 MANI-TB-INTAKE with complete stock exhaust, FF Lund tune and run 12.2 at 115. :frusty:
I went to the track once last year in this car and that was it. I ran horribly. But I admittedly am not very good launching with a manual trans unless I practice and I haven't gone out to practice in a couple years, lol!! I wonder what caused your ET and trap speed to get worse with the GT350 IM/TB. Is it possible that the tuning hasn't quite been fully perfected? I mean, several sources say they have the driveability issues down, others say they don't. Maybe something with the tuning is still a little off. Because most I've seen with the GT350 IM/TB and headers are right around the 450-460 range. And I have several friends with your mods who also run between 12.2-12.4. But you were already in the 11s so I wonder what gives.

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
I went to the track once last year in this car and that was it. I ran horribly. But I admittedly am not very good launching with a manual trans unless I practice and I haven't gone out to practice in a couple years, lol!! I wonder what caused your ET and trap speed to get worse with the GT350 IM/TB. Is it possible that the tuning hasn't quite been fully perfected? I mean, several sources say they have the driveability issues down, others say they don't. Maybe something with the tuning is still a little off. Because most I've seen with the GT350 IM/TB and headers are right around the 450-460 range. And I have several friends with your mods who also run between 12.2-12.4. But you were already in the 11s so I wonder what gives.
Probably different Da.. would be my guess

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it has been 14 business days since I ordered my tune. 15 business days if you count the day I ordered it. Still no tune. I was told I would have it "any day now" a week ago. And I was told the same thing again today. I called Lund Racing personally using the number on their website and got a message saying that they're unable to answer the phone and to direct all questions via email on their support page. But on the support page there is nowhere to ask a question...there is only a link for ordering a tune. (SMH). Tomorrow makes 3 weeks since I ordered. Those of you who have tunes, did it take this long to get yours?? And now I'm starting to worry about what if I need support with a tune or have some issues or need a revision or update? Will I be able to contact them and get a reply/answer/fix in a timely manner? I'm not trying to bash because I know lots of you are pretty fond of him. If anything, I just wanna know if this is normal to wait this long and what happens if I need to contact them in the future. I'm starting to think I might be better off going with a different tuner. Any advice/info/suggestions are appreciated.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
anytime i think of them i think of the tuner they offer :lol:
And then there are those of us who toss the tuner in the gloves box once the map is uploaded... why do you need a tuner with a bunch of features and readings that basically serve no actual purpose in real time anyways? That's why I went with an SCT/Lund tune. Set it and forget it. The fact that someone doesn't require logging sounds like they're pretty confident in their tuning. Do you have any sort of data that proves otherwise, such as engine failure caused by their tunes?

Sponsored

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wouldn't say it is normal for them to take this long. But they have had long waits several times in the past. I can imagine as spring hits most of the country they get a lot more work thrown their way.

Once I received my tune it was 1-2 days to get a response to questions or a revision. A few times a little longer.

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
I'm in a similar boat 4V Mayhem, I ordered the physical tuner along with a Lund tune a week ago and haven't yet gotten any confirmation that the tuner itself has shipped. I figured that would at least have come so I could get my tune request in the queue... also considering other options

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
And then there are those of us who toss the tuner in the gloves box once the map is uploaded... why do you need a tuner with a bunch of features and readings that basically serve no actual purpose in real time anyways? That's why I went with an SCT/Lund tune. Set it and forget it. The fact that someone doesn't require logging sounds like they're pretty confident in their tuning. Do you have any sort of data that proves otherwise, such as engine failure caused by their tunes?
you coming from a subaru as i did should know better than to ask. i would rather be able to see whats going on in with my motor. last i heard someone posted about livernois getting a revision..here i went and found it

Very happy with my Livernois tune. Can't wait to get version 10. :headbang:
so, version 10, seems like they are making improvements on their tunes also

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
tunes are not out of stock, we have ngauges in stock, lund quotes usually up to 10 business days, doesn't always take that long, but they like us to underpromise and over deliver.

we were back ordered on gauges for about 5 days as the mfg was delayed in getting us our last batch, but it's very rare for us to not have gauges.

no backorders right now

i think lund was out of gauges themselves as well, not sure if they have any or not.

as far as why to order from a dealer like us. you get same pricing, but added benefit of lunds great tuning ,and our great customer service,

plus the ability to answer questions and trouble shoot in real time.

i will usually take calls from 8 to 10 seven days a week, so if you need help with something on a saturday, and need help, were here to help.

:)

were lunds largest dealer and that is the primary reason why

OP
OP
drabon74

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
tunes are not out of stock, we have ngauges in stock, lund quotes usually up to 10 business days, doesn't always take that long, but they like us to underpromise and over deliver.

we were back ordered on gauges for about 5 days as the mfg was delayed in getting us our last batch, but it's very rare for us to not have gauges.

no backorders right now

i think lund was out of gauges themselves as well, not sure if they have any or not.

as far as why to order from a dealer like us. you get same pricing, but added benefit of lunds great tuning ,and our great customer service,

plus the ability to answer questions and trouble shoot in real time.

i will usually take calls from 8 to 10 seven days a week, so if you need help with something on a saturday, and need help, were here to help.

:)

were lunds largest dealer and that is the primary reason why
I did order through guys last Friday, in large part because of your presence on this board and always being helpful and answering questions. I can't wait to get the tune on the car. I'm going from stock to longtubes and E85 tuned with CAI. Should be quite a difference.
Sponsored