new product:Ford Mustang EcoBoost FMIC ΔCore™ Front Mount Intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I installed one of these last weekend. I have personally owned a Mishi and an ATM and will say I was impressed with the CPe intercooler.

It was also the easiest install by far. The method by which the brackets mount to the end tanks allows you to slip it right in then tighten the bolts up.

I would recommend a bit of locktite on all the bolts, otherwise it can be done in about 2 hours IMO (probably faster without interruption).

If you don't have an electric ratchet....get one! (it took me literally 2 seconds to take out those "pesky" 7mm screws).
What made you go from the ATM to this one? How big of a performance difference did you notice?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I installed one of these last weekend. I have personally owned a Mishi and an ATM and will say I was impressed with the CPe intercooler.

It was also the easiest install by far. The method by which the brackets mount to the end tanks allows you to slip it right in then tighten the bolts up.

I would recommend a bit of locktite on all the bolts, otherwise it can be done in about 2 hours IMO (probably faster without interruption).

If you don't have an electric ratchet....get one! (it took me literally 2 seconds to take out those "pesky" 7mm screws).
thank you for the feedback!
:cheers:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
What made you go from the ATM to this one? How big of a performance difference did you notice?

I didn't, this was installed on a friend's car.

I will be going to the track with him this Friday for some real world testing:thumbsup:

The end tank design and the way it mounts in the car appear to be beneficial moving forward. The IC actually mates a little closer to the front of the car and may help channel air through the core.

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I didn't, this was installed on a friend's car.

I will be going to the track with him this Friday for some real world testing:thumbsup:

The end tank design and the way it mounts in the car appear to be beneficial moving forward. The IC actually mates a little closer to the front of the car and may help channel air through the core.
How did the real world testing go?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I installed the cp-e DeltaCore intercooler last week. It's a fantastic piece of equipment. Great quality and fits perfectly to its position although it is significantly larger than the stock intercooler.

I noticed a great improvement in charge air temperatures compared to the stock intercooler. The only other modification that I have on the car is the MBRP Race exhaust system. I combined all that with an e-Tune from Adam. The car is night and day compared to before installing the intercooler and the tune - it keeps pulling and pulling ...and pulling! No drop in boost pressure, Adam has even tuned it to show an increase.

I will post some charge air temperature and boost pressure graphs that show those great improvements. Meanwhile this is how it looks on my car:

Before the installation:

picture.jpg

After the installation:

picture.jpg

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
And these are the graphs.

1. Stock FMIC / Stock tune:

picture.jpg

2. cp-e DeltaCore FMIC / Tune+:

picture.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta St, 1989 BMW 325i
And these are the graphs.

1. Stock FMIC / Stock tune:

picture.jpg

2. cp-e DeltaCore FMIC / Tune+:

picture.jpg
Can't thank you enough for the post! Data is king. A big thing I look for in intercooler data is also the delta, or the change from start to end. Your runs start at different temps, but I am seeing a 50 degree rise on the stock intercooler and about a 10 degree rise with ours, which is a huge improvement, especially considering the boost was raised.

Keep an eye out for something bigger for you big turbo guys!

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Can't thank you enough for the post! Data is king. A big thing I look for in intercooler data is also the delta, or the change from start to end. Your runs start at different temps, but I am seeing a 50 degree rise on the stock intercooler and about a 10 degree rise with ours, which is a huge improvement, especially considering the boost was raised.

It is impressive indeed. What I love is that the car keeps pulling and pulling ...and pulling! Feels great! :headbang:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yes, I am quite happy with my CP-e intercooler as well. I didn't want one of the giant units as I don't really have a use for it, this one is great quality and fits like stock but works much better. Great investment.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
It is impressive indeed. What I love is that the car keeps pulling and pulling ...and pulling! Feels great! :headbang:
That was the big "seat of the pants" improvement I noticed...I did the intercooler and catted down pipe at the same time and it pulled hard all the way to redline, where the stock setup really had no power above ~5400 rpm.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Funny how the European lower grill is like the v6 grill from the states

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP

I was wondering the other night where the big front mounted intercooler you guys have been working on is going to be released. Any details?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.