Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Job Adam, looks kind of like my install.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Cooler kit (not with trans) arrived today :cheers:. Now I need to buy a pump and get hoses made up.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

brourob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
When you get down to it, it has a damn Track setting...but it cant be tracked...Its pure BS... but luckily I have a shop with the skills to address this issue so I can go to the track this spring and not have to deal with Ford...and in the end, Ill have a bad ass, Track Capable GT350 with all the Tech goodies and comforts...
Could you share how you plumbed the hoses in and out of the transmission for the cooler and pump?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Could you share how you plumbed the hoses in and out of the transmission for the cooler and pump?
On my install, we used the fill plug on the transmission for the return line, the drain plug was plumbed to run to the electric pump.

brourob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
On my install, we used the fill plug on the transmission for the return line, the drain plug was plumbed to run to the electric pump.
That worked for me for a couple years on street tires on track, but when I switched to R compound it hurt the transmission (lost 4th gear) because the fill plug location dumps the cooled fluid on the temp sensor. So, it keeps you from going into limp mode but it allows the gears to overheat.

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
I think what you need to do is use external temp switch to control the pump. Fathouse does a nice job with adding a sensor for their temp controller which is not in the same spot as the factory one. Another cheaper solution would be to use Weldon pump with their thermo switch.

brourob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I think what you need to do is use external temp switch to control the pump. Fathouse does a nice job with adding a sensor for their temp controller which is not in the same spot as the factory one. Another cheaper solution would be to use Weldon pump with their thermo switch.
Thanks. I consulted with a Tremec engineer and he showed me where to add a bung in the case on the driver side to directly lubricate the head set gears. So no real changes in the setup and I can still rely on the factory temp sensor.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Same here. Ran over 30 track days with this plumbing setup and never had an issue. With that said I would partially to fully replace the trans fluid every 4-6 track days. Typically 4-6 sessions per day (1 1/2 - 2 1/2hrs per day)
Sponsored