Sponsored

UPR Catch Can Owners share your installs here.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
here are some pics
17342172_1566285570066714_1257044693_o.jpg
17360960_1566285606733377_622338287_n.jpg
17360937_1566285616733376_362549344_n.jpg
17361083_1566285596733378_1656489027_n.jpg
Sponsored

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
Ok I said I would put some pictures up and maybe even help clear up anyone doing the filter upgrade lol. Poor Joe went round and round with me on this. Then realised what he was saying after 20 times hahahaha.so this is the can installed and how you do the filter upgrade ROFL.
IMG_20170319_132050.jpg
IMG_20170319_132023.jpg
IMG_20170319_131925.jpg
IMG_20170319_131956.jpg

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Best Mustang UPR Plug n Play™ Catch Can

Ok I said I would put some pictures up and maybe even help clear up anyone doing the filter upgrade lol. Poor Joe went round and round with me on this. Then realised what he was saying after 20 times hahahaha.so this is the can installed and how you do the filter upgrade ROFL.
I was glad to get you all set and love the install pictures. Check it at 750 and 1500 miles to see how much oil your car uses and you be able to set a good schedule for checking it and emptying it.

You'll notice better Mileage and Overall Performance from the addition of the UPR Plug n Play™ Catch Can and the efficiency of our patented internal diffuser system will keep your engine protected from oil ingestion.

Thank you, Joe

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I followed everything you said Joe...this does not fit a 17 on the passenger side. The tank is too big and the piping is crazy long. No where did I see this is for one side or the other and everything led me to believe (mounting location for one) that this is passenger side. I now have scrapes on the tank and can't use it due to the lack of fit and hosing being too long. The can is too long as well as it butts up against a couple wire harnesses. I'm really ticked off about this...not plug n play, doesn't fit, damage to breather in shipping. Sorry to put this out here and maybe I'm a dumba$$ but this isn't right to me.
Can placed passenger side next washer fluid spout and radiator (red circle)
2wp8heq.jpg

Hoses too long...it goes past where it supposed to connect on valve cover and intake hose goes all the way around? That doesn't seem right...supposed to be plug n play? (Follow red lines)
2z7icki.jpg

Scrapes on can now
10p4jls.jpg

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
That is the correct kit and mounting location. The hose runs straight back to the firewall and then behind the intake cover and across the rear of the engine and the down the valve cover. The hose is the length correct to fit cleanly around the engine cover.

Try installing the engine cover and then making it run the way I explained and then you will see how it fits and the system is very popular. We fit the system in the front next the washer fluid tank where we mount all out catch cans and breather tanks. We have been selling kits in this location since late 2014 and it's the only location a mustang will cleanly accept these tanks.

Once you have it installed and everything completed and connected you will then see the how the system goes in to be snug like an OEM product and I just saw the PM you sent for the filter and will get that taken care of.

The picture of the 5029-211 in your picture looks perfect as it get mounted to be right between the radiator cover and AC plug and washer fluid bottle. We make sure it's a full system that can be installed and setup as soon as you receive the system.

Once you take a minute and install it fully and route it around the intake cover and adjust the slack behind the cover so the hose is even all the way around. The hose is not meant to be tight as you don't want it pulling on the breather or fittings.

Joe

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ok gotcha...I still maintain that the length of the tank, at least in my 17, smashes against two wire harnesses below. What you don't see in the pic of the tank is it felt like it was not sitting flush with the mounting arm. I will have to throw some washers on it (I have to now since one of the washers fell into the abyss when I was taking it out...hope it falls out sometime). Honestly with the size of that thing, does it really need to be checked every 1000 miles?!
I'll wait for the new breather you'll get to me before I put it in again since I think it would be a real biatch to change that breather with the tank mounted in the car. Anyways, I don't have much doubts that it will perform great.
Thanks Joe.

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Ok gotcha...I still maintain that the length of the tank, at least in my 17, smashes against two wire harnesses below. What you don't see in the pic of the tank is it felt like it was not sitting flush with the mounting arm. I will have to throw some washers on it (I have to now since one of the washers fell into the abyss when I was taking it out...hope it falls out sometime). Honestly with the size of that thing, does it really need to be checked every 1000 miles?!
I'll wait for the new breather you'll get to me before I put it in again since I think it would be a real biatch to change that breather with the tank mounted in the car. Anyways, I don't have much doubts that it will perform great.
Thanks Joe.
You have to move the wire harness a bit to tuck it inbetween it. It's a bit rough still as it seems it's not as easy to do with the 17 as it shows in the picture. That was actually one of my biggest problems when installing these. The harness definitely do not want to move at all. I wonder if the harness is a bit different on the 17s.

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
You have to move the wire harness a bit to tuck it inbetween it. It's a bit rough still as it seems it's not as easy to do with the 17 as it shows in the picture. That was actually one of my biggest problems when installing these. The harness definitely do not want to move at all. I wonder if the harness is a bit different on the 17s.
The harness is the same on the 17 and it can be unclipped and moved over with a bit of finger muscle. I install them on a regular basis and I am so used to the steps I will need to update the install for both with a few pictures.

Joe

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Didn't realise it can be unclipped. I just kept forcing it to seperate a bit lol. I got it flat after a bit so I'm not complaining lol.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
i sold mine. at least the catchcan. the remote mount location isn't feasible on a 16 GT PP. sure you can jam the can in there but then what? the only way to check it is to completely undo the can from the mount. if you have painted coil covers you will scratch the heck out of those doing this. disappointed, but oh well. thanks for the help all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
i sold mine. at least the catchcan. the remote mount location isn't feasible on a 16 GT PP. sure you can jam the can in there but they what? the only way to check it is to completely undo the can from the mount. if you have painted coil covers you will scratch the heck out of those doing this. disappointed, but oh well. thanks for the help all.
Completely agree...the best part about it is that it is so big I'm not sure I will ever need to check it...and I am concerned about the valve covers as well since I will eventually paint mine...time will tell...I couldn't even sell mine now since its scratched up now...but installed you can't see the scratches.

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Hmm you should scratch anything. If you unclip the wire on top just unscrew the can after disconnecting the hoses.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20002]CompStang[/MENTION] just look at the pic, that came from me just trying to put it where I was told it goes and that happened. Would have been nice to know about unclipping the wire harness that is below for clearance...did not find out about being able to move until after I had already tried. It will work as I don't think you can see hardly any body of the can since it sits between the radiator and washer fluid spout.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
guess I can throw up my pics. The oil pic is after the first 3000 miles with the can.
upr00.JPG
upr01.JPG
upr02.JPG

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ya, you have the smaller can than mine...the one I have is the huge tank with the breather on top.. [MENTION=12998]UPRjoe[/MENTION] what is the capacity of the big tank like I got and when do you think I should check? I'm still gonna wait to install until I get the new breather from you.
Sponsored