Sponsored

Wind noise from UK drivers door mirror

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Hello from the UK. I have a horrible wind noise at around 70mph it's coming from my drivers door mirror area. So the us passenger window.

Any one else had this. Taken it to the dealership once and they told me they fixed it but guess what :frusty::ford:

Any easy fixes?
Sponsored

EvilRoosterJr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 V6
Hello from the UK. I have a horrible wind noise at around 70mph it's coming from my drivers door mirror area. So the us passenger window.

Any one else had this. Taken it to the dealership once and they told me they fixed it but guess what :frusty::ford:

Any easy fixes?
I had this exact issue for months! I hated the car because of it too. They replaced the weather stripping multiple times and couldn't figure it out. Hopefully you have the same issue. I finally figured it out myself, when you get in your car and close the door push out on the very top of the window I'd say maybe 10lbs nothing too strong if it's anything like mine it'll push out 1-2 inches. I took it to the dealer and showed them exactly what they need to look at. The lady told me when she gave it back that they reprogrammed the window to roll up a bit higher because it wasn't rolling up all the way, like I told her, and it's finally fixed. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
Jimboy2

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I had this exact issue for months! I hated the car because of it too. They replaced the weather stripping multiple times and couldn't figure it out. Hopefully you have the same issue. I finally figured it out myself, when you get in your car and close the door push out on the very top of the window I'd say maybe 10lbs nothing too strong if it's anything like mine it'll push out 1-2 inches. I took it to the dealer and showed them exactly what they need to look at. The lady told me when she gave it back that they reprogrammed the window to roll up a bit higher because it wasn't rolling up all the way, like I told her, and it's finally fixed. I hope this helps.
Thanks mate.
Apparently they stripped my door down and adjusted the glass. Don't for a second believe they did all that for the day it was with them. I have heard it can be that little triangle shaped plastic on the door not fitted correctly too. Will ask them to check all of this next time. Just don't want to leave the car with them again!

EvilRoosterJr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 V6
Any other clues? Went back to the dealer yesterday and they are now saying they need to check another Mustang to see if it's doing the same.
Not from me man, sorry. In fact I spoke a bit too soon because mines even loser now coming from a different spot in the window, I just don't know.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Been digging around for a recent post on this, but I've just started getting it after a shop installed some stuff on my car. At about 50mph and up, I get this weird whistling noise on the left side of my car, sounds like it's coming through the mirror area.

I think it's that triangle-shaped piece of plastic because there's a gap between it and the rubber window gasket and I think the air is whooshing through it, causing that horrible noise. Going to try a piece of electrical tape as a test to see if it stops. If it does, I might try something more permanent like silicone.

EvilRoosterJr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 V6
Been digging around for a recent post on this, but I've just started getting it after a shop installed some stuff on my car. At about 50mph and up, I get this weird whistling noise on the left side of my car, sounds like it's coming through the mirror area.

I think it's that triangle-shaped piece of plastic because there's a gap between it and the rubber window gasket and I think the air is whooshing through it, causing that horrible noise. Going to try a piece of electrical tape as a test to see if it stops. If it does, I might try something more permanent like silicone.
Keep me updated, you just described my issue exactly.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Keep me updated, you just described my issue exactly.
Alright, after extensive testing, it's the weatherstripping along the door. When you open the door and look at it, there's a hole about halfway up from the corner of the window (almost opposite where the column speaker is). There's a crazy amount of air flowing through that area, and my tinkering somehow made it worse. But if you poke around in that while driving >50 (mine gets awful at 80) you can change the pitch of that noise and in some certain spots, if you push enough, it stops.

So the air is obviously coming up into it from the corner of the hood area (there's this cheap flap that isn't held down by anything) and I'm guessing either it was glued down at one point? Or my window isn't seating properly against the gasket which is producing that noise. Never been like this but it's the first real warm day we've had in the NE that I've taken her out for a spirited terror through the neighborhood.

Not sure if I have to take it in for warranty or if there's a Rube-Goldberg way of doing it since I hate my dealer.

Edit: I only really noticed it after the installation of the Performance Pack. I think when they disconnected the battery the had the door or window open and borked the window setting. I'm going to try the re-learn procedure to see if it works because I've noticed a decent gap, especially along the pillar, where the window doesn't exactly scrunch the gasket.

Second Edit: The driver's side window is definitely sitting too low when it's closed. I can slide a piece of paper in and slide it most of the way from the front to the back where it slowly gets caught. I can't do that at all with the passenger window. Tried doing the window reset procedure but couldn't get it to work properly. /shrug

Last edited:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
whats the window reset process? Is that like resetting the press and release roll down function?

I have this issue after the dealer did the door latch recall. Didint have it before. Window not going up all the way looks to make since

Nightblue3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
I'm having the same issue here with the driver side window (US). I can hear the wind whistling but i cant really pin point in which part of the window.

Hope someone finds a fix for this that we can use
Sponsored