Sponsored

Paxton Supercharger Installed: My Thoughts and Experiences

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Jealous of the OPG, thats the only thing I regret not doing. Have you upgraded the clutch yet?
It's definitely worth investing in if you ask me. No not yet, still on the stock clutch lol but that's my next upgrade. Stock one has been holding up fine so far for 5k miles of being boosted (total is 18k).
Sponsored

OP
OP
marctallman

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's definitely worth investing in if you ask me. No not yet, still on the stock clutch lol but that's my next upgrade. Stock one has been holding up fine so far for 5k miles of being boosted (total is 18k).
Yeah, I just really dont wanna have to take everything off again and then get into working on my motor. Maybe itll be next winters project. Hmm thats not bad. I can already feel mine going a little bit which scares me. Hopfully I dont have it blow any time soon.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
True but I dont think the 235 all seasons I have will hold up any better when its warmer. I just ordered 305 mickey thompson street comp for the rear. Hopefully it can put down the power when its warmer!
My 305's are fighting for grip hard all the way to redline in 3rd gear, and it's much warmer here than there, lol. I got a nice little twitch at about 90 a few weeks ago.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Yeah, I just really dont wanna have to take everything off again and then get into working on my motor. Maybe itll be next winters project. Hmm thats not bad. I can already feel mine going a little bit which scares me. Hopfully I dont have it blow any time soon.
I have the same setup, no OPG's. just keep your rev limiter at the stock redline. You'll be fine. Also I have the same tires you ordered. 305 MT street radials. They definitely hook great when warmed up.

OP
OP
marctallman

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the same setup, no OPG's. just keep your rev limiter at the stock redline. You'll be fine. Also I have the same tires you ordered. 305 MT street radials. They definitely hook great when warmed up.
Just means I'll have to warm them up a bit, or a lot ;)

Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My 305's are fighting for grip hard all the way to redline in 3rd gear, and it's much warmer here than there, lol. I got a nice little twitch at about 90 a few weeks ago.
Lol same here on my 305 Pilot Super Sports. However, my drag radials (275's) do really well in gripping on the street.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Lol same here on my 305 Pilot Super Sports. However, my drag radials (275's) do really well in gripping on the street.
Which DR do you run?

RT302

RT302
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 convertible automatic GT
Which pulley on the Paxton did you go with?

OP
OP
marctallman

marctallman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Which pulley on the Paxton did you go with?
I have the 3.8 pulley. Gonna pulley down soon and go with a 3.6 though. Wish I had done that originally.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I def recommend doing the OPG/CG install when you put the blower on. I banged the limiter pretty hard while datalogging a few weeks back, and all I could think about was, would the stock OPG have withstood that. Cheap insurance....

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
If u put drag radials on or go to the track with stickys on u can kiss that stock clutch goodbye lol,my factory clutch only had 5k on it when i put the procharger on it and after 2 times at the track it starting slipping.
Sponsored