Sponsored

What to do before supercharger??

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
for all you OPG/CG guys, where are all the failure threads?

I had a paxton novi 2200 setup for 20k miles and never broke anything, was pushing over 600 wheel
good for you. when it does, please make sure to post a thread so we can keep track of the failures of the weak stock parts.:ford:

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
What would be a great tire for forced induction, but still be good in the rain? I plan to SC in the future, but I will still drive the car in the rain. I heard DR's aren't good in the wet. I plan to go PSS or the 4S. Maybe Continentals.
those will work for the street decent but wont be "hooking"

good for you. when it does, please make sure to post a thread so we can keep track of the failures of the weak stock parts.:ford:
this is still heavily debated.. when ford is putting out cars with 600whp with warranty and no new OPG it does make you wonder what exactly is causing the rare failures.. there are a couple theories

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
those will work for the street decent but wont be "hooking"

this is still heavily debated.. when ford is putting out cars with 600whp with warranty and no new OPG it does make you wonder what exactly is causing the rare failures.. there are a couple theories
It's not HP that breaks them. It's harmonics, higher rev limit, 2-steps and traction. A stock 600hp car should have a problem.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

I had a paxton novi 2200 setup for 20k miles and never broke anything, was pushing over 600 wheel
This subject has been beaten to death, the stock parts obviously fail that is why billet replacements are available. If you want to roll the dice on the stock ones that's your choice just don't cry wolf when they break. Did you sell the car ? as you stated " I had a paxton novi 2200 setup for 20k miles and never broke anything "

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

DrDanimalSize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Im with you boss. Can it break yes. There have been way more people with out opg/cg breaking with FI. Keep you car at the 7k limit and not bouncing off the rev limiter and you will be fine. Also let your car oil warm up and your fine. I have thrashed my stock opg from day one with out and with my supercharger and is holding fine if you don't do certain things. I like fire anyways but love not wasting money. Even whipple themselves have done more damage to stock opg and have not had one break yet on their shop cars. Which prob take more shit than anyone can do to them. Piece of mind for some. Waste of money for others

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Im with you boss. Can it break yes. There have been way more people with out opg/cg breaking with FI. Keep you car at the 7k limit and not bouncing off the rev limiter and you will be fine. Also let your car oil warm up and your fine. I have thrashed my stock opg from day one with out and with my supercharger and is holding fine if you don't do certain things. I like fire anyways but love not wasting money. Even whipple themselves have done more damage to stock opg and have not had one break yet on their shop cars. Which prob take more shit than anyone can do to them. Piece of mind for some. Waste of money for others
It's all a matter of opinion you think it's a waste of money but for me I'd rather spend 1200.00 now on the upgrades, than risk blowing the motor which will cost you at least 6 grand.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
I was going to install the billet parts, but decided against it. Not enough evidence that stock OPG's break below the stock rev limiter after being fully warmed up. Thousands of Roush stage 3's are out there without a single issue. Iv'e beat the shit out of my 7k limiter on my Paxton, bounced off the limiter many times without issues while on and off the throttle in intense autocross sessions. Call me crazy I guess, but if it breaks i'll let you guys know... lol

Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I was going to install the billet parts, but decided against it. Not enough evidence that stock OPG's break below the stock rev limiter after being fully warmed up. Thousands of Roush stage 3's are out there without a single issue. Iv'e beat the shit out of my 7k limiter on my Paxton, bounced off the limiter many times without issues while on and off the throttle in intense autocross sessions. Call me crazy I guess, but if it breaks i'll let you guys know... lol
Yes sir

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's all a matter of opinion you think it's a waste of money but for me I'd rather spend 1200.00 now on the upgrades, than risk blowing the motor which will cost you at least 6 grand.
To each their own. I would rather spend 1200 on something else.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
When? Thanks. Truly an informed opinion. :crazy:
you're welcome. just looking out for the community.

ask any vendor. when you approach 700whp they are going to highly suggest it.

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
After doing a forced induction build I would say these three things are what I deemed necessities for my build.

1. OPG/CG - prevent possible catastrophic failure
2. Drag Radials - be able to put power to ground (mine hooks in every gear)
3. Upgraded clutch *if 6M car* - stock clutch probably won't last long (mine didn't)

After that I would say halfshafts being that they tend to break, and further suspension upgrades to reduce wheel hop and keep rear tires planted. Those are things I am still working on for my build. Good luck with the build and feel free to shoot me a message if you ever have a question

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
To each their own. I would rather spend 1200 on something else. ����
Guys I hear you, and understand the mindset becuase that was mine at first. I talked with Whipple about the very hard Durability tested cars, and read all the threads on OPG and TG and I was convinced it was a waste of money for me as well. I was always defending in threads that OPG wasn't a must and is a rare occurrence and wasn't really needed on a street car. Well things have changed for me obviously, but yes it's still a rare occurrence overal. I just don't understand how I was so unlucky and wish I had not lost my motor over $500 in gears and 5 hours of wrenching. For sure we all won't do it and all won't need it in the end, but with hindsight I now have a different perspective.
Sponsored