Sponsored

Ford Paid For My Tires

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
This still makes no sense to me. How can they tell a difference between burnouts and nore tread wear? Guess I'm just peeved because I bought a new rear set a few months ago (from a Ford dealer), at about 13K.
Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
This still makes no sense to me. How can they tell a difference between burnouts and nore tread wear? Guess I'm just peeved because I bought a new rear set a few months ago (from a Ford dealer), at about 13K.
I'm too cheap to burnout, so I'm not positive, but I'm sure a burnout tire wear is different than regular driving wear. Maybe look for some spent rubber anywhere in the rear.

But I guess technically, you could be right. I'll bring it up next time I'm in for service...I'm at 18,500, so I've gotten decent use out of the A/S, but they're on their way out.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Called my Old man who works for Ford and asked. I'll find out if it's actually a thing or what. My Pirelli's blow

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I have 24.5k on the car, this is my 3rd set of tires.

First set both rears got nails in them at about 10k (both got nails within like a week of each other - construction by my house), both out of the sidewall so not patchable (I was furious at this) So maybe thats why I didn't hear about this before.

so this was my first time replacing them do to wear, they had roughly 11-12k

at the dealership they had a chart with the miles vs % ford will pay based off those miles, I believe it went like this:

0-12,000 = 100% off (Free)

12,001 - 24,000 = 60% off

24,001 - 36,000 = 30% off
If you're going off that chart, that is considered a road hazard/mileage warranty claim. Which is purchased with the car, or purchased with the previous set of tires. But as stated above, I asked my father to look into it to see if there is a bulletin out on this.

OP
OP
BobbyGT

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you're going off that chart, that is considered a road hazard/mileage warranty claim. Which is purchased with the car, or purchased with the previous set of tires. But as stated above, I asked my father to look into it to see if there is a bulletin out on this.
That was just me glancing at the service managers chart. I never purchased any insurance or any tire package. Im sure your father will come back with similar information, because prior to getting free tires for myself I had no clue this was available. My friend went in next day and got free tires as well. Just sharing the info so hopefully others can take advantage of this!

On a side note for people asking about burnouts, etc...

I used line lock on my car before, multiple burnouts and stuff. I'm never really worried about my warranty or whatever. If it breaks ill fix it. I take care of my things, but I also use them how they were intended to be used, and my Mustang gets driven hard. So I was not in any way babying the tires, Ford didn't care and that makes them more awesome in my book!

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just rotated my Perillous tires at 7,100 miles and saw uneven wear on an outside edge so I am keeping an eye on my wear more closely. I was installing 5/16" spacers and noticed the uneven wear issue. This thread is good, we all can use a hand up and help out.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
One of my PZeros was bald by 15,000 miles while the other looked fine.

You couldn't pay me to use another set of those. I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Oh, traction! How I missed thee.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Any new updates on this service? I am about ready for new tires at 10000 miles.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Wouldn't mind to try this at my dealer. I could use another year of savings for tires/mods :D

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Mine at 11k are toast, I've only had the car for 2 weeks but they basically told me it's a wear and tear item and to kick rocks.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
One of my PZeros was bald by 15,000 miles while the other looked fine.

You couldn't pay me to use another set of those. I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Oh, traction! How I missed thee.
Had the same issue on a GT at 4400 miles granted it had been all but been totaled before at 288 miles.

Current Eco-boost, 1 rear wore out at 10,000 miles while the other looks half worn. I replaced with some good year A/S and have better traction all around. Never would I buy a P-zero as replacements.

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I'm too cheap to burnout, so I'm not positive, but I'm sure a burnout tire wear is different than regular driving wear. Maybe look for some spent rubber anywhere in the rear.

But I guess technically, you could be right. I'll bring it up next time I'm in for service...I'm at 18,500, so I've gotten decent use out of the A/S, but they're on their way out.
i've had my fair share of wheel spin launches and drifted turns but nothing major compared to the 8k miles on the car. the tires look like shit. cracks in them everywhere. treads worn down like crazy. I'd be happy as hell to get 1 set replaced by ford. I feel like that would make it worth replacing them when the time came around to spending my own money on nicer ones.

any update?

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I think this is looking more and more like a warranty resolution that OP had paid for when he first bought his car at the dealership.

Someone prove me wrong please...

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not far from Pompano to try and give it a shot. I've switched from the OEM wheels/tires since 12k, but even at 60% off its not a bad option for me based on that chart.
Sponsored