Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well...hopefully there is good reason for posting all of this....not just wasting space on page 151 of this thread. So, the upload with a new USB drive worked perfectly with the mirror link. No drama. Both phases worked just like the videos show. The only thing different was the USB. So, maybe consider that if you are having trouble. Unfortunately, I'm still on the 99 yard line and I'm missing the colorful simple Carplay to take a picture of and post here. Why not? Not sure. I have an iPhone 6 and upon selection/turning on of Android Auto, I plugged in my iPhone 6 with a non-Apple lightning cord, it can not find my phone, so Carplay will not load. I borrowed my wife's real Apple cord and same thing. So I tried to connect her real Apple cord and her iPhone6 to the Mustang. Same thing. I did a master reset on my radio. Same thing.

Other suggestions?
IMG_4835.jpg
IMG_4836.JPG
IMG_4839.jpg
IMG_4840.jpg
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Well...hopefully there is good reason for posting all of this....not just wasting space on page 151 of this thread. So, the upload with a new USB drive worked perfectly with the mirror link. No drama. Both phases worked just like the videos show. The only thing different was the USB. So, maybe consider that if you are having trouble. Unfortunately, I'm still on the 99 yard line and I'm missing the colorful simple Carplay to take a picture of and post here. Why not? Not sure. I have an iPhone 6 and upon selection/turning on of Android Auto, I plugged in my iPhone 6 with a non-Apple lightning cord, it can not find my phone, so Carplay will not load. I borrowed my wife's real Apple cord and same thing. So I tried to connect her real Apple cord and her iPhone6 to the Mustang. Same thing. I did a master reset on my radio. Same thing.

Other suggestions?
Is carplay enabled in the settings?

Did you unlock your phone to set it up the first time?

Is the software on your phone up to date?

Just to cover all of the bases, what was the part number you ordered for the new USB module?

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is where I hope I have made a dumb mistake. Let's see...

1) In the car, I have an Android Auto button which is enabled. On my phone, I have Carplay listed under General settings, but only for wireless Carplay set-up, so as far as I know, there is no setting on my phone.

2) My phone was unlocked when I installed the software and plugged in the USB. 90% sure anyway. But there were none of the questions I saw on other videos when I plugged in my phone as it seems the USB doesn't recognize it.

3) iphone software is up to date. No pending updates. Version iOS 10.2.

4) USB purchased and installed (software updated through it) is HU5Z-19A387-A. USB powers my phone instantly, but seems like it doesn't know it's an iPhone.

pdt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Can someone please confirm that after installing (w/Nav) that your reverse aid is still intact (the reference lines that show up in the view from the backup camera). I installed this just prior to getting rear ended, and noticed today when I got the car back that the reverse aid is not there. I don't know if it was from this update, or something that got screwed up in the collision repair. Thanks!

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pdt66 - that is a setting you can change...did you check that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Other suggestions?
To the non nav guys who reported successful installs, could you guys give some feedback on this issue? lets all help out :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@RawisTheGameHhH
@HGFireHazard
@joeint
@Spartanator
@DanMc85
@5.0yote
@berserker_sid
@SC_Ruby
@orionpax
@likeaboss
@Quackfoo
@ITSMEPAUL
@mjb
@TruBlue16
@fazelanvari
@sk8erord
@chrisgonzales
@HISSMAN
@jm061
[MENTION]Old Guard[/MENTION]
1.jpg
2.JPG
3.jpg
4.jpg

pdt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
pdt66 - that is a setting you can change...did you check that?
Yes, I checked it...it was on. I cycled it off and back on again, trying it in both positions with no luck. Then I conducted a master reboot of Sync and tried again, still no luck. I am presuming it has something to do with the collision repair I had done, and not the Sync update....just looking for someone to confirm that theirs works fine after the update. I would hate to make an issue out of it with the collision repair company if it wasn't related to their work.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
To the non nav guys who reported successful installs, could you guys give some feedback on this issue? lets all help out :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@RawisTheGameHhH
@HGFireHazard
@joeint
@Spartanator
@DanMc85
@5.0yote
@berserker_sid
@SC_Ruby
@orionpax
@likeaboss
@Quackfoo
@ITSMEPAUL
@mjb
@TruBlue16
@fazelanvari
@sk8erord
@chrisgonzales
@HISSMAN
@jm061
[MENTION]Old Guard[/MENTION]
so here i the deal.. for me since i am android user everything worked fine.
From the post looks like you did apple .

Did you change you USB ports to supported USB ports, if not it will not work.

For Me all USB worked fine. No issues.

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
Can someone please confirm that after installing (w/Nav) that your reverse aid is still intact (the reference lines that show up in the view from the backup camera). I installed this just prior to getting rear ended, and noticed today when I got the car back that the reverse aid is not there. I don't know if it was from this update, or something that got screwed up in the collision repair. Thanks!
Here is the what the manual says for the MFT based 2015 models, this could be the reason.

Pg # 149
Camera Guidelines
Note: Active guidelines are only available
when the transmission is in reverse (R).
Note: Upon a battery disconnect, the active
guidelines may not be functional until your
vehicle has been driven a short distance and
exceeds a speed of 12 mph (20 km/h)

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
[MENTION]defector[/MENTION]
I found the perfect video, it was actually 3rd video down on the first page, step by step non nav update tutorial!!

That's actually my video :)

Other suggestions?
As noted above, you do have the replacement USB port installed correct?

EDIT: I see you already posted your response. I myself am an Android user and haven't installed the USB port and as a result haven't tried Carplay. Hopefully someone else will be able to advise further.

Last edited:

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Steps (for another weekend at this point):

1) I will order a new Lightning cord direct from Apple.

2) I will confirm that my iPhone with the same new iPhone cord is picked up by my wife's 2016 Explorer (w/out Carplay) - just to make sure it is not my iphone.

3) I already tried my wife's phone in the Mustang -- same results -- could not identify it as being plugged in.

4) A few weeks ago, Ford told me about another reboot method on the radio besides the 'master reset' that I already tried. If I recall right, you push the Power and FF button for 10 seconds (I think). Maybe I'll try that as well. They said that sometimes that will clear errors. I asked them about this when I couldn't get iHeart Radio Auto to show as a mobile app (which did fix that).

5) Maybe as a last ditch effort...as I already upgraded to Sync V2.2 and no longer need the new USB adapter, I think I could switch back to the old, original 2016 adapter just in case that is causing this issue for some unknown reason. Sounds dumb, but that is only 10 minutes of work if I'm slow.

I find the best thing to do sometimes when you get stuck is to walk away for awhile - good for coming up with new ideas or sometimes issues work themselves out for odd reasons. But pouring more time into this doesn't seem like a good idea this weekend unless someone else out there has a slam dunk idea to try and I'll add it to the list. And everything works as it did before so no concerns if I can't get this to work.

Thank you all for the help so far...

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

2) I will confirm that my iPhone with the same new iPhone cord is picked up by my wife's 2016 Explorer (w/out Carplay) - just to make sure it is not my iphone.

3) I already tried my wife's phone in the Mustang -- same results -- could not identify it as being plugged in.

4) A few weeks ago, Ford told me about another reboot method on the radio besides the 'master reset' that I already tried. If I recall right, you push the Power and FF button for 10 seconds (I think). Maybe I'll try that as well. They said that sometimes that will clear errors. I asked them about this when I couldn't get iHeart Radio Auto to show as a mobile app (which did fix that).

5) Maybe as a last ditch effort...as I already upgraded to Sync V2.2 and no longer need the new USB adapter, I think I could switch back to the old, original 2016 adapter just in case that is causing this issue for some unknown reason. Sounds dumb, but that is only 10 minutes of work if I'm slow.

I find the best thing to do sometimes when you get stuck is to walk away for awhile - good for coming up with new ideas or sometimes issues work themselves out for odd reasons. But pouring more time into this doesn't seem like a good idea this weekend unless someone else out there has a slam dunk idea to try and I'll add it to the list. And everything works as it did before so no concerns if I can't get this to work.

you're right walking away and taking your mind off helps in almost every situation i.e technical issues, personal issues, relationship issues, I agree 100%.

this could be it,
[ame]

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red

After you've done your software updates and installed the new USB port. Go into your iPhone settings-General settings-CarPlay. Make sure that itb syncs to your Sync 3 before you plug the phone in. Once it syncs then go back to main phone screen and haver car runniung then plug the iPhone in using an Apple cord only. Most ;likely will not work with non apple cord.

Hope this works :thumbsup:
Sponsored