Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
It's not a "circular reference". The thread I linked is the official info from Ford that Administrator @Jarstang posted. He's posting official info from Ford.

Like I said, it's in the "KEY CHANGES".
The "official" info from ford is lower down in the press release. It mentions both the Performance Package and the Automatic 10, but not together.

What you quoted is a summary with a bullet that so far seems unsubstantiated by Ford. I've been too long in R&D to trust anything until the horse says it, too.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The "official" info from ford is lower down in the press release. It mentions both the Performance Package and the Automatic 10, but not together.

What you quoted is a summary that so far seems unsubstantiated by Ford. I've been too long in R&D to trust anything until the horse says it, too.
Yeah, I'm sure the Admin is making shit up ... :lol: He's listed the official info from FORD. If you think it's "fake news", then so be it. I'm sure he has other sources that are valid. He lists a lot more info than what's in Ford's info release.

Euro models have had the auto in the PP for the last couple years, so it makes sense Ford will now do the same for the US models.

Not to mention that Ford knows the manual tranny PP Mustangs are getting eaten alive on the tracks by Camaros with the same 10-speed auto. Makes total sense Ford would throw that same 10-speed in the PP Mustangs for track use.

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Yeah, I'm sure the Admin is making shit up ... :lol: He's listed the official info from FORD. If you think it's "fake news", then so be it. I'm sure he has other sources that are valid. He lists a lot more info than what's in Ford's info release.

Euro models have had the auto in the PP for the last couple years, so it makes sense Ford will now do the same for the US models.
If it's info directly from Ford, why can it not be found anywhere directly from Ford? All I'm asking for is a link because I cannot seem to verify the info from something that links back to Ford.

"Fake news" isn't always intentional. Many third party "sources" these days hear/read something once, don't perform due diligence in order to be one of the first to break the info, and accidentally spread info that was never real.

As a news consumer, verification isn't difficult.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If it's info directly from Ford, why can it not be found anywhere directly from Ford? All I'm asking for is a link because I cannot seem to verify the info from something that links back to Ford.
Watch this video with Tom Barnes. Listen carefully as he describes the wheels and tires on this red car are for the Performance Pack (he mentions the Michelin MP4S tire)..........then look when they're inside.....you can see this is an automatic car :)

[ame]

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
GT Pony;1691660 Not to mention that Ford knows the manual tranny PP Mustangs are getting eaten alive on the tracks by Camaros with the same 10-speed auto. Makes total sense Ford would throw that same 10-speed in the PP Mustangs for track use.[/QUOTE said:
Where are you seeing 10-speed Camaros eating Mustangs alive on any track? They aren't even out yet....

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Watch this video with Tom Barnes. Listen carefully as he describes the wheels and tires on this red car are for the Performance Pack (he mentions the Michelin MP4S tire)..........then look when they're inside.....you can see this is an automatic car :)

If you were to watch it again, please notice how Tom only says the tires are for the Performance package. He says nothing specifically about the wheels and never confirms that the car in the video is a Performance Package car. In fact he does mention that it's only a "reveal", and alludes to the real thing coming out later for purchase.

Weasel wording, avoiding specifics, and dodging questions... love it! :clap2:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Of course he's avoiding specifics. The specifics won't be 100% yet. Ford never reveal specifics at the same time as revealing the car..........it'll be months yet, much closer to when the order books open.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I love it!! :thumbsup:
I knew Ford was going to do this, as I am almost sure they put the same 10 automatic transmission in the new GT500, whenever that comes out!! LOL

Where are you seeing 10-speed Camaros eating Mustangs alive on any track? They aren't even out yet....
HA HAAAAAA
Very true.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meant to say would be (not are) eating Mustangs alive, if the refresh wasn't going 10-speed auto. The new automatic will make the car faster then it would be with a 6-speed auto or stick.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you were to watch it again, please notice how Tom only says the tires are for the Performance package. He says nothing specifically about the wheels and never confirms that the car in the video is a Performance Package car. In fact he does mention that it's only a "reveal", and alludes to the real thing coming out later for purchase.

The car has the optional PP spoiler and the PP dash gauges ... it's a PP car no doubt, with the 10-speed automatic.

Sponsored

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Regarding output of the upgraded 5.0....
I feel the competition drove Ford engineers to target the ultimate output of the 2018 Mustang engine.
The Camaro SS 6.2L LT1 V8 produces 455 HP and 455 lb-ft of torque. That is the benchmark the Ford boys want to exceed with some margin for advertising and bragging rights.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I'm so glad the Ford team has heard all of the complaints regarding the cheap interior trim on the 15' to 17" model years. The fact that there will be a new steering wheel wrapped in high end premium "glove leather" is amazing. I also like the fact that the cheap tacky hard plastic center console will now also be wrapped in premium soft touch leather, along with padded knee bolsters!!! All soft touch interior door panels now!!! The big one is no more shiny cheap looking chrome trim interior trim pieces and bezels....they will now all be satin aluminum !!!! So many of you have complained about this on here over the past several years. Glad to see Ford has listened. Cant wait to see the 2018 in person this Fall.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm so glad the Ford team has heard all of the complaints regarding the cheap interior trim on the 15' to 17" model years. The fact that there will be a new steering wheel wrapped in high end premium "glove leather" is amazing. I also like the fact that the cheap tacky hard plastic center console will now also be wrapped in premium soft touch leather, along with padded knee bolsters!!! All soft touch interior door panels now!!! The big one is no more shiny cheap looking chrome trim interior trim pieces and bezels....they will now all be satin aluminum !!!! So many of you have complained about this on here over the past several years. Glad to see Ford has listened. Cant wait to see the 2018 in person this Fall.

I can't wait to retrofit the interior trim pieces to my non-ugly 15.

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
I agree. I've always said that it amazes me that oem's don't sweat the details over everything you touch, feel, and interact with. You would think that with the purchasing power they have, an extra $5? $10? per knob ought to make everything you touch feel like a high-end receiver or aircraft switch gear. If "Awesome Interior" was a $500 option, I would check that box every time!

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
And you will have to pay for each interior trim you want just like the slomaro. Ford is going is going to copy gms way of doing things and make us pay
Sponsored