Sponsored

Any New Info on 2018 Colors?

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Hmmm, I actually like the color of the car in the video but not this orange....this is all very confusing if it's the same color lol
Seems like Orange Fury is just one of those colors that you have to see in person to know if it's got enough yellow or orange depending on preference.

I suspect even the Ford video is Orange Fury, as that seems to be Ford's featured choice for the official promo pics. Would be odd for the promo pics to feature one color (orange fury) and the promo video to feature a different color like TY, which is nothing new. I would think if they wanted a different color for the promo video, they'd use one of the other new colors like Kona Blue or Royal Crimson.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So will the 2018 gt350 have a front end remake like the other models or will it retain its current sexy front end?
Stays the same. May give the other mustangs a run for its money in units sold for 2018. Haha..JK

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
That's exactly what I'm waiting to see. If I really like it I'll be placing an or for a '18 in that color, if I don't like it I'll be searching for me an Avalanche Gray '17.
Between Avalanche and Stealth

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
Well I'm on the list for an 18R if my dealership gets any and I was already decided on grabber but now Ford isn't offering it anymore. So, here I am trying to decide on a new color choice lol. I like cars that are different, so the orange fury has me interested.

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Well I'm on the list for an 18R if my dealership gets any and I was already decided on grabber but now Ford isn't offering it anymore. So, here I am trying to decide on a new color choice lol. I like cars that are different, so the orange fury has me interested.
FWIW, Rs weren't available in Competition Orange, stands to reason they won't be in this orange either. They don't like it clashing with the red accents probably.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
FWIW, Rs weren't available in Competition Orange, stands to reason they won't be in this orange either. They don't like it clashing with the red accents probably.
You might be right. But Orange Fury has a bit more yellow to it compared to CO.
I imagine it looks yellow under bright light and more orange when it's overcast. I could totally see this color with matte black and red pin stripes...

170113154857-2018-ford-mustang-1024x576.jpg

I also like the Royal Crimson shown on the hood in the background. Reminds me of some burgundy Mustangs from the late 60's. Too bad it's not an option on the GT350.
As an aside, it's cool how the new stripe design on the Kona Blue hood is asymmetrical to keep it different from our Shelby stripes! :thumbsup:

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Between Avalanche and Stealth
[MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION], when are we gonna see it in person?? It's the only thing holding me back from going ahead and grabbing a 2017....

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
IMO they should just let you get the stripes you want from the list on whatever color you choose. If you wanted a red R with black stripes, slap em on. Just leave off the pins...or even put them on, who cares. I wonder who thought of just not allowing stripes on the red R cars and not offering Orange on and R just because the pins clash.
Is the guy not smart enough in the mod shop to leave the pins off on the orange and red cars? I guess I shouldn't question the "keep it simple, stupid" theory.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION], when are we gonna see it in person?? It's the only thing holding me back from going ahead and grabbing a 2017....
Check out Audi Nardo Grey

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
'18 Shelby colors

G1 SHADOW BLACK
H3 TRIPLE YELLOW
JX LEAD FOOT GRAY
J7 MAGNETIC MET
L6 KONA BLUE
NL ORANGE FURY
N6 LIGHTNING BLUE
PQ RACE RED
RR RUBY RED TINT
YZ OXFORD WHITE
any of these shelby specific? i loved avalanche and like even more that it was only available for the 350

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
You might be right. But Orange Fury has a bit more yellow to it compared to CO.
I imagine it looks yellow under bright light and more orange when it's overcast. I could totally see this color with matte black and red pin stripes...

170113154857-2018-ford-mustang-1024x576.jpg

I also like the Royal Crimson shown on the hood in the background. Reminds me of some burgundy Mustangs from the late 60's. Too bad it's not an option on the GT350.
As an aside, it's cool how the new stripe design on the Kona Blue hood is asymmetrical to keep it different from our Shelby stripes! :thumbsup:
Yup, CO was the best red for up here in the Pacific NW as the normal Red was quite dark in the overcast and rain, I imagine the new Orange will be a good "yellow" for sunny places and a nice Orange for up here in the gloom.
Sponsored