Sponsored

I feel like bitching this morning

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
I love my 5.0 and I am glad I finally bought one. Like every car out there it is not perfect but still love it. So as of now this is my small list of complaints to Ford about the Mustang.

cons:
37000 sticker price and no sat radio?? My 19k cruze has it.
No moonroof option due to roof design
Weight has gone up instead of down
QC control issues. My paint and panels are perfect though
This car gets up there in price when fully loaded.
The oil dipstick is garbage
The radio is tiny and crappy because I didn't want to go premium.
These cars are getting BIGGER
6spd could be alot more refined.
I cant hear the engine :(

I think thats it. I love the car, fun to drive. I am getting used to the size of it as well. This is not a bashing, no car is perfect. I have been a GM guy all my life and the Camaro was a big NO for me. Cant wait for the spring and start modding.
Sponsored

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
If you paid 37 for a non premium you were bent over. I paid 33 for a Premium GT PP...

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
You want it cheap, but more options, and you want it lighter, but you'll accept another 65lbs...confirmed.

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Find the dipstick and interesting issue and the radio problem was decision that you made.

Dealer talked me out of active cruise control, wish I had now, but that really isn't Ford's fault, so bitch from me.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
cons:
Weight has gone up instead of down
This car gets up there in price when fully loaded.
The radio is tiny and crappy because I didn't want to go premium.
6spd could be alot more refined.
I cant hear the engine :(
Yes weight has gone up but a PP GT can beat a Boss 302 on fords test track, thanks rear IRS. And a smoother ride too.
Option out a new camaro
Thats why I went premium and PP, got all the options, no regrets. See base owners all the time wishing they had premium for the screen. Live and learn
MGW shifter fixes the flaws with the shifter
easily fixed with an exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you paid 37 for a non premium you were bent over. I paid 33 for a Premium GT PP...
Can't get that price everywhere, unfortunately. I paid 37k for a GT PP 401A package.

I think the car is still a really good value for what I paid but I agree 37 for a base model GT is wayyyyyyy too much.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Find the dipstick and interesting issue and the radio problem was decision that you made.

Dealer talked me out of active cruise control, wish I had now, but that really isn't Ford's fault, so bitch from me.
No. The radio is part of a package I did not want. The car should have not come with a little crappy screen. Down the road I will go aftermarket. It obv was not a deal breaker for me.

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes weight has gone up but a PP GT can beat a Boss 302 on fords test track, thanks rear IRS. And a smoother ride too.
Option out a new camaro
Thats why I went premium and PP, got all the options, no regrets. See base owners all the time wishing they had premium for the screen. Live and learn
MGW shifter fixes the flaws with the shifter
easily fixed with an exhaust
Yep. Mgw and exhaust this spring. Cant wait.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I'm confused by this post, you knew about every single one of these complaints before you purchased the car, you chose to buy it anyway, why complain now?

Also, you can upgrade the radio to the touch screen one pretty easily and for under $1000 I believe.

An exhaust will allow you to hear the engine more, there are dozens available aftermarket.

Why are you complaining about QC issues when you stated that your paint and panels are perfect?

If you feel this car is too big go get a BRZ or a Miata. Problem solved.

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm confused by this post, you knew about every single one of these complaints before you purchased the car, you chose to buy it anyway, why complain now?

Also, you can upgrade the radio to the touch screen one pretty easily and for under $1000 I believe.

An exhaust will allow you to hear the engine more, there are dozens available aftermarket.

Why are you complaining about QC issues when you stated that your paint and panels are perfect?

If you feel this car is too big go get a BRZ or a Miata. Problem solved.
I will help you understand. I love the car even with these minor complaints.
I mentioned the aftermarket radio
I mentioned the exhaust
Some of you guys are having issues with panel fit and paint. Unacceptable today.
I dont want a miata wiseass.
How can you not say that the mustang and camaro have gotten alot larger over the generations?? It would be nice to shrink it a tad.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
How can you not say that the mustang and camaro have gotten alot larger over the generations?? It would be nice to shrink it a tad.
I do agree that they have gotten larger, however compared to some of the other muscle cars available today, I feel that the Mustang is on the smaller side (mainly compared to the Charger and Challenger)

My buddy has a 2016 Charger and he rode in my Mustang over the weekend and the first thing he commented on was how small it felt. When I was in the charger it felt like I was just floating on a boat/cloud, felt similar to a regular sedan like a chrysler 300. I kinda like the harshness/unrefined quality of the Mustang.
Sponsored