Mustangs booked on the Tarago departing 18th Nov 2016

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Thank you Dorothy. Yes, you are correct about the Transport company being changed as from 2017 but not even my dealer can find out exactly what is going on. Mine is booked with Prixcar but we don't know if that deal is being continued or they are going to be transported with the new carrier. My dealer is very frustrated too as I am a long term customer and good friends with them all. Yes, I am just caught up in the middle of the jam so I sit back and wait patiently. It is quite annoying though that my car sat at the Baltimore dock for 5 weeks and now it sits at Port Kembla Wharf for over a week. :headbonk:CarWays is the new carrier from 2017.
The final ship processed by Prixcar (Melbourne) was Fidelio I believe.

Since you have let the cat out of the bag, I guess I can now say that CEVA is the newly appointed vehicle logistics company (here in Melbourne at least), so try your VIN here by selecting 'VID' from the 'search by' drop down menu: https://cevacarcarrying.com.au/vehicle-tracking/

They have a good reputation apparently.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MYP51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue GT
So after all the excitement the truck didn't arrive. The dealer is not sure what has happened as they received notification that they were arriving yesterday. I suspect I might be caught up in the change over in transport providers.
At least I deferred delivery until the new year so I haven't been mentally crushed by its non arrival.
:frusty::doh:

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 5.0L manual GT fastback.
So after all the excitement the truck didn't arrive. The dealer is not sure what has happened as they received notification that they were arriving yesterday. I suspect I might be caught up in the change over in transport providers.
At least I deferred delivery until the new year so I haven't been mentally crushed by its non arrival.
:frusty::doh:
Good thinking. Dealers tell us anything to keep us on our toes. Go to <prixcar.com.au>, put your VIN then your ID should show up, click on it and it probably says it was loaded on the 28th. I'm in the same situation as you. We will get them around the 2nd week of 2017.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Good thinking. Dealers tell us anything to keep us on our toes. Go to <prixcar.com.au>, put your VIN then your ID should show up, click on it and it probably says it was loaded on the 28th. I'm in the same situation as you. We will get them around the 2nd week of 2017.
Looked mine up and it says it is sitting at Port Kembla. My dealer emailed me last night saying it will arrive at their dealership on the week ending the 13th of January. A little frustrating now as it sits on the wharf for probably 3 weeks in Port Kembla after sitting in Baltimore for 5 weeks. Daffy we are in a similar situation.

Now I am looking at weather reports whenever there is a mention of severe thunderstorms hoping Wollongong isn't on the list. Still potentially near the end of next month by the time the dealer does what they have to as well.

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked mine up and it says it is sitting at Port Kembla. My dealer emailed me last night saying it will arrive at their dealership on the week ending the 13th of January. A little frustrating now as it sits on the wharf for probably 3 weeks in Port Kembla after sitting in Baltimore for 5 weeks. Daffy we are in a similar situation.

Now I am looking at weather reports whenever there is a mention of severe thunderstorms hoping Wollongong isn't on the list. Still potentially near the end of next month by the time the dealer does what they have to as well.
Mine popped up on the Prixcar track and trace this morning as being picked up on the 29th and it says arrival is the 6th January, then the dealer has to do their stuff so I can expect anytime from the 6th to about mid January. One day the dealer tells me once they pick the car up from the wharf it usually arrives that day or the next, then a couple of days later he tells me they take a week to arrive - so what do we believe?????? I think we just sit back drinking coffee and puffing on our cigars until we get a call to say "hey your car is ready, bring us your money, take ya car and piss off".:amen: GOOD LUCK VINNO - keep in touch. What colour did you get? Mine is lightning Blue. GT manual.

Sponsored

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Mine popped up on the Prixcar track and trace this morning as being picked up on the 29th and it says arrival is the 6th January, then the dealer has to do their stuff so I can expect anytime from the 6th to about mid January. One day the dealer tells me once they pick the car up from the wharf it usually arrives that day or the next, then a couple of days later he tells me they take a week to arrive - so what do we believe?????? I think we just sit back drinking coffee and puffing on our cigars until we get a call to say "hey your car is ready, bring us your money, take ya car and piss off".:amen: GOOD LUCK VINNO - keep in touch. What colour did you get? Mine is lightning Blue. GT manual.
Lightening Blue will be nice I haven't seen that on the road yet. Mines Magnetic and also a manual. Was going to get the dealer fitted exhaust but don't like the sound so I'm looking at getting the Hurst Elite cat back which is a high quality polished one made by Flowmaster. It's probably just as frustrating for the dealer as I know w they normally get them faster than this time of the year. Yes they are waiting for our cash. Will keep in touch and probably run into you I would guess.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mine popped up on the Prixcar track and trace this morning as being picked up on the 29th and it says arrival is the 6th January, then the dealer has to do their stuff so I can expect anytime from the 6th to about mid January. One day the dealer tells me once they pick the car up from the wharf it usually arrives that day or the next, then a couple of days later he tells me they take a week to arrive - so what do we believe?????? I think we just sit back drinking coffee and puffing on our cigars until we get a call to say "hey your car is ready, bring us your money, take ya car and piss off".:amen:
I wonder if the car was damaged in transit, and is having minor repairs done? It seems very slow; the CEVA website lists 4th of January delivery for the car I am following, and that is from the next ship, Parsifal, and Melbourne to boot.

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the car was damaged in transit, and is having minor repairs done? It seems very slow; the CEVA website lists 4th of January delivery for the car I am following, and that is from the next ship, Parsifal, and Melbourne to boot.
I never did really expect to get delivery until January cos of the christmas break etc but it is still 6 months earlier than I was told when I ordered. If there was any damage to be repaired I would prefer NOT to know about it. I only want to see it after it is detailed and ready to pick up. I have a mate who owns a panel beating business and he does all the Lexus when they come in and he said that just about every car that arrives has something to repair on it. Happy days ahead for us but I know one thing - I will never go through this again. Waited 6 months for my last car to arrive and now 11 months for this one. NOT AGAIN. lol

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I never did really expect to get delivery until January cos of the christmas break etc but it is still 6 months earlier than I was told when I ordered. If there was any damage to be repaired I would prefer NOT to know about it. I only want to see it after it is detailed and ready to pick up. I have a mate who owns a panel beating business and he does all the Lexus when they come in and he said that just about every car that arrives has something to repair on it. Happy days ahead for us but I know one thing - I will never go through this again. Waited 6 months for my last car to arrive and now 11 months for this one. NOT AGAIN. lol
I am with you on not wanting to know about any damage.

I am sure the Mustang will be worth the wait. I know so much more about the car now, than when I ordered it, thanks to this forum. So the excitement of it's arrival is far greater than if I had received it the week I ordered it. I feel like I am joining a community, not just buying a car :)

Last edited:

Ro369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rohan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB - Magnetic
Hello Everyone!! This is my 1st post on the forum. My car was also on the Tarago. Unfortunately its still at the docks. Have been following up with my dealer (Knox Ford) and they keep changing the ETA (from the 27th to any day between 31st and 5th Jan). Got a bit frustrated when they told me on the 4th that the transport company has changed and they are not delivering any cars during the transition. This is when I searched the forum and came across this thread.

I just had a call with the dealer, and they are now saying that the all the Mustangs on the Tarago and Parsifal have been held by Customs for Quarantine reasons. They are now expecting it to be cleaned/ inspected and released by the 9th Jan. And its still Prixcar who will delivery. (Which was contradicting their statement that the transport company had changed) Not sure whom to believe.

May I please know if anyone from Melbourne has received their car yet. Or they have been told the same story by their dealer. Thanks for your comments in advance.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Welcome to the forums Ro369!

I'm in Perth and my dealership has given me the same information regarding the quarantine issue today. Looks like it might be another week for me here in WA.

Ro369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rohan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB - Magnetic
Thanks Zee for the welcome. Appreciate it.

I hope that we all get our cars next week for sure. Fingers crossed.

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello Everyone!! This is my 1st post on the forum. My car was also on the Tarago. Unfortunately its still at the docks. Have been following up with my dealer (Knox Ford) and they keep changing the ETA (from the 27th to any day between 31st and 5th Jan). Got a bit frustrated when they told me on the 4th that the transport company has changed and they are not delivering any cars during the transition. This is when I searched the forum and came across this thread.

I just had a call with the dealer, and they are now saying that the all the Mustangs on the Tarago and Parsifal have been held by Customs for Quarantine reasons. They are now expecting it to be cleaned/ inspected and released by the 9th Jan. And its still Prixcar who will delivery. (Which was contradicting their statement that the transport company had changed) Not sure whom to believe.

May I please know if anyone from Melbourne has received their car yet. Or they have been told the same story by their dealer. Thanks for your comments in advance.
Mine was on Tarago, was unloaded at Port Kembla. Arrived at the dealership yesterday Thursday. Will receive next week after being detailed. G to www.prixcar.com.au and put your VIN in and it will show you if they have your car. If they do it will show you exactly where your car is. If they don't have it yet it will show up as no record found. If they do have it it will show "available", or "in transit" or "delivered".

Ro369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rohan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB - Magnetic

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hello Everyone!! transport company had changed) Not sure whom to believe............

Allegedly on 1/1/16 CEVA took over from Prixcar, in Melbourne at least. However, Daffy says the new logistics company is Carways, who don't appear to have freely available tracking on their website.

The last ship Prixcar was allegedly due to handle was Fidelio, so Tarago misses out (in Melbourne) on that basis.

I am tracking another car on Parsifal and it comes up on both Prixcar and CEVA's website tracking pages.

CEVA says the car is held in quarantine, but they didn't get back to me with more details. Separately, the dealer says the delay could be as much as two weeks, and that it is due to an oil spill. I am guessing the spill was on the ship itself and therefore has contaminated the cars tyres, which is probably a customs no-no.

I would be odd if both Tarago and Parsifal had the same problem though...

My car is on Tijuca and still appears on the Prixcar website as well as CEVA, so maybe all logistic companies have access to the information?

Anyway, my fingers are firmly crossed!
Sponsored