Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I must admit, I thought it was already in (low) production, but......

http://www.thegentlemanracer.com/2017/01/galpin-rocket-goes-into-production.html

galpin%2Brocket%2Bmustang.jpg

"Galpin Motors, the internationally known leader in automobile retailing and home of famous custom shop, Galpin Auto Sports (GAS), announced today that the VLF Rocket V8, formerly known as the Galpin Rocket, is officially in production and will be produced through VLF Automotive. The Ford Mustang-based car will make an appearance at the Detroit Auto Show, January 8-22, 2017, in the VLF Automotive booth.

The VLF Rocket V8, designed by Henrik Fisker, made its world debut at the 2014 LA Auto Show and was immediately greeted with worldwide acclaim. Since then, the team at Galpin has been fine tuning the project and working to find a partner capable of handling the rapid international customer demand. With Henrik Fisker as a partner at VLF, the company became a natural fit, as they could achieve fast volumes of limited production.

VLF Automotive, an American luxury sports car company, was founded by former General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz, entrepreneur and manufacturer Gilbert Villarreal and legendary automotive designer Henrik Fisker. VLF Automotive boasts a state-of-the-art development and manufacturing facility in Auburn Hills, Michigan and a design and technology center in Los Angeles. With Lutz as chairman, Villarreal as CEO and Henrik Fisker as head of design and product strategy, the VLF team represents more than 100 years of experience at the top-tier of the automotive industry.

“With Henrik as a partner at VLF and their extensive track record of success, there was no question that they would be the best fit. We look forward to a great relationship with VLF and to seeing these beautiful cars on the road soon,” said Beau Boeckmann, President of Galpin Motors.

The Rocket is an extremely powerful and refined vehicle. Its lines emanate from the front, through the hood, over a set of sculptured flared fenders and converge on its integrated rear spoiler. The Rocket’s handmade, coach built carbon-fiber body features a front splitter that works simultaneously with the rear spoiler, enlarged rear diffuser and carbon fiber aero skirts to provide high-speed downforce. The 725 hp supercharged V8 sits on 21 inch wheels wrapped in Pirelli extreme performance tires.

The VLF Rocket V8 features an integral link independent rear suspension and double ball joint front suspension with Monotube true rebound-adjustable coil-overs front and rear for superior ride control and handling. It has a power 4-wheel anti-lock brake system with traction control.

The Rocket’s Exposed Carbon Fiber Package includes exposed carbon fiber hood stripes and mirror covers. Other options include Brembo brakes, custom paint and a Full Leather Interior Package with hand-finished Italian leather seats, center console, door panels and rear interior deck panel, as well as suede-lined A, B and C pillars.

The VLF Rocket V8 is available in coupe and convertible. Its performance will match its beauty.

Interest in the Rocket has remained high since its initial unveiling. Amazon’s “The Grand Tour” even featured the prototype as the lead vehicle in the show’s amazing premiere episode last fall!"
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The front bumper adds so much overhang to already massive overhang.
I wonder when will Mustangs have the look of a Mercedes AMG GT.
brabus-reveals-tuned-mercedes-amg-gt-s-with-600-hp-ahead-of-frankfurt-photo-gallery_10.jpg

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
fire.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
[MENTION=12175]Khyber[/MENTION] would rather have a Sherrod mustang.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yeah, really dislike that front fascia. The wheels are pretty bad too. I like the rear quarter and hood is ok.

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
I think you all are being a little harsh, I think it looks pretty cool and unique, almost steam-punky. I live in Detroit and will probably end up going to the auto show. Ill judge it then. (if i do go ill bring some pics back).

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I kinda like the front end, tho maybe re scaled a little smaller... Those wheel... bleh wtf..

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Clarkson drove that in the first The Grand Tour episode.

That car is so ugly, no amount of power can off-set it's looks.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Odd because Henrik Fisker made some of the most beautiful car designs for about 10+ years then he went on his own in the 2000's-now and we get this crap.

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
That's fugly.

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I don't like how it looks.

Also (imho) the pricing is completely nuts. It starts at $109,100 with no options added... (btw, at that price it's 435 bhp default coyote engine. To get it to 725 bhp you need to add the $15,900 performance package option)

This link has some pricing info.
Sponsored