Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
So happy!!!

At least I know when I'll be trading in my current Mustang now!!!!

An EcoBoost electrified with V8 power... right from the factory... exactly what the Doctor ordered.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I estimate this hybrid to be top of the food chain on the mustang line up. With those words it might be a v6 tt and electric motor. The 5.0 make remain but as a mid tier in between the 4 cylinder and the new hybrid.
This would line up really, really well with the current Ford ideal...

What's the Top Dog overall? The Ford GT (3.5TT)

What's the top F150? The Raptor (3.5TT)

I could see of the standard Mustang's...a 3.5TT with electric augment would be the top dog.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I thought he said "V8 performance". With the new emissions standards coming in 2020, I highly doubt it will be a V8+ electric motor. V6+Electric or I4EB+Electric. I hope I'm wrong.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
The reality is petrol powered automobiles will begin to dwindle as manufacturers find alternative sources. That's the entire purpose of electrification. When a vehicle has a hybrid variation, it's given a very real mark on it's record to be turned entirely electric in its future. It means the model will live on past the days of petrol. Which I'm happy to know. But just the same, I would never buy one.

Despite what some say, if you tune one of these 5.0L cars, it's still fairly analog. Which is what the mustang was all about. Ford, as well as many many other people, know the days are dwindling where V8 muscle cars exist. This is the start of it.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Meh. I'll stop buying Mustangs when the V8 is not available. I don't care what displacement.

Hear that, Ford? I'll just buy the last V8 and that will be it. Sad.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Meh. I'll stop buying Mustangs when the V8 is not available. I don't care what displacement.

Hear that, Ford? I'll just buy the last V8 and that will be it. Sad.
You will give in once you hear it has a range of 600 miles and goes 0-60 in 2.5 to 3 seconds.

They can even pump in some v8 sound through your speakers, if you want.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
So could all the previous talk about an AWD Mustang end up being true? With this setup, they could go for the gas engine powering the rear wheels and electric motors for the front.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Porsche 918 is a monster and also gets 67mpg.... my issue with hybrids was always the lackluster performance. I for one welcome the future, at the end of the day i care about going fast and great handling. If the new mustang has a recipe that can do that using electric motors, batteries and is more economical to drive, i am all for it.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So could all the previous talk about an AWD Mustang end up being true? With this setup, they could go for the gas engine powering the rear wheels and electric motors for the front.
That would make sense with the splined spindles we've already found on the GT350.

Sponsored

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
I estimate this hybrid to be top of the food chain on the mustang line up. With those words it might be a v6 tt and electric motor. The 5.0 make remain but as a mid tier in between the 4 cylinder and the new hybrid.
This ^^ 100%

Im betting the V6 TT will be the new top engine with the combined output of electric motors will be stupid quick from a dead stop probably with a launch control function. Some form of the coyote engine sits as mid trim. Eco-boost 4 is the base.
I wonder how they they power the rear wheels with a combination of torque from the electric motor and engine with the mustang? I wonder what the price premium would be for the hybrid mustang.

Does this mean I can get a tax credit on a mustang for purchasing a "hybrid vehicle" ? LOL ! Strange times we live in.

I suspect they trying to lower hybrid component cost per vehicle with such expansion for other ford electric and hybrid vehicles.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm cool with electric motor augmented-V8. That thing will be a rocketship!
The fact that it says "will deliver V8 power"... is a clear indication that the hybrid version will NOT have a V8. It will be an I4 or V6 with hybrid tech.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd love them to still use the V8 in this. V8 plus hybrid batteries? That's McLaren P1 tech. In a Mustang!

However, if they don't use the V8 in it, but the V8 remains in another model, that's where my heart would be and the one I'd buy one of those, instead.

Whatever petrol engine this shares though.....I think it's going to be an epic Mustang :headbang:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Syntax guys: "V8 power with hybrid technology"

As in achieving V8 power with hybrid assistance. That electric motor won't be paired up with a V8 most likely based on those words.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Look what it's paired with with the F150.

If it's the 3.5TT...then it'll be the 3.5TT in the Mustang.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.