Stock GT Exhaust on V6 Mustang

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
Haha .... I love my Borlas to death :p

Just wanted to do mid resonator delete with a H-pipe for more deeper tone which my car already has but not sure with drone predictability and worried if that I will be adding drone to a dronless setup as of now. Since I do occasional 7-8 hour non stop drives on my stang.
Sponsored

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Dang it lol got my hopes up well if you do by some crazy chance I call dibs :cheers:

Remedy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang convertable V6 051A Black
I just nabbed a set !!

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
bump

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Well I finally got my GT exhaust installed and had the MRB GT H-pipe installed at the same time. I am very pleased with the results. Very throaty on startup and acceleration but at steady throttle it seems very close to stock. No rasp or drone with this system. It sounds just like the clip of the same setup in the first post. I would like to upgrade the tips, currently researching that.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well I finally got my GT exhaust installed and had the MRB GT H-pipe installed at the same time. I am very pleased with the results. Very throaty on startup and acceleration but at steady throttle it seems very close to stock. No rasp or drone with this system. It sounds just like the clip of the same setup in the first post. I would like to upgrade the tips, currently researching that.
That's good because that exact setup is very tinny and raspy sounding on a GT.

Remedy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang convertable V6 051A Black
Just finished up my install and short test drive. Sounds far better than stock, much deeper. Mine is a convertible so I had to deal with the chassis bracing not to big of a deal. I think it will be a nice bang for the buck. Thanks for the info guys.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
GT catback

There's one on St Louis MO Craigslist right now for $75.:headbang:

Didn't see it yesterday, must have sold.

Last edited:

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Just scored one locally from a cute blonde girl (who was impressed with the work I've done on my V6 btw :D) who upgraded her GT exhaust to an aftermarket. You weren't kidding this sounds phenomenal, nice and baritone whereas the stock unit sounded tinny. Videos can't capture how awesome this setup sounds so just try it for yourself. The tips and the cat back overall looks much higher quality than the stock unit. Thanks for the tech!

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Awesome! So true that audio records don't do it justice, you gotta hear it in person.

Sponsored

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
This is the only non visual mod I've ever done to my car that I've ever been asked about and complemented on. The mechanic at the dealership, when they changed my oil wanted to know how I made my v6 sound that good without changing anything on the exhaust.

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
Borla axle-back with GT exhaust on a V6?

I did the GT takeoff swap last spring and I love it. Prior to doing it I was considering the Borla Touring, but could not justify the hefty cost. Fast forward to this afternoon and I am thumbing through the new AM catalog that just came in the mail and I see that Borla has axle-back exhausts available for the GT (Stinger and ATAK). That got me thinking....

Has anyone done either of the Borla axle-backs with the stock GT exhaust on a V6? Any thoughts on how it would perform/sound? It's almost half price for an axle-back...

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
I did the GT takeoff swap last spring and I love it. Prior to doing it I was considering the Borla Touring, but could not justify the hefty cost. Fast forward to this afternoon and I am thumbing through the new AM catalog that just came in the mail and I see that Borla has axle-back exhausts available for the GT (Stinger and ATAK). That got me thinking....

Has anyone done either of the Borla axle-backs with the stock GT exhaust on a V6? Any thoughts on how it would perform/sound? It's almost half price for an axle-back...
not entirely sure, but someone did put the MBRP 3" catback for the gt on their v6

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72630

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a

Im running that setup. Had the GT catbacks for a while and recently installed gt Borla s-types axblebacks. The sound is great. Nice deep tone throughout the rpms, good volume but not too loud. I love it. Though I can't say how much different it would be compared to running it with the stock catback

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
Im running that setup. Had the GT catbacks for a while and recently installed gt Borla s-types axblebacks. The sound is great. Nice deep tone throughout the rpms, good volume but not too loud. I love it. Though I can't say how much different it would be compared to running it with the stock catback
I currently have the stock GT catback installed, too, which is why I figured this would be possible. It would not be possible (without modification) with the stock V6 catback because the pipe diameter is different.

Glad to hear that you've done this and that it sounds great. Definitely something to consider. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored